abmfcs

Trader
May 6, 2021
Hi Enivid.

Me again with another request. is it possible for you to add a condition for rolling equity take profit? It is very similar to the "Equity >= % of snapshot", except what I am proposing will use a fixed dollar value above the snapshot.

In other words, what I am proposing is "Equity >= $ above snapshot". I am not a coder but I think this should be rather simple to implement considering you already have the percentage option built in. This dollar condition will be handy in situations where we are using a fixed lot size regardless of the account growth.

I would humbly request you to please please consider this. AP is already the most important tool for me and this feature will make it even more robust.

Btw, the workaround of setting up two AP instances to close large number of trades has been working well.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid.

Me again with another request. is it possible for you to add a condition for rolling equity take profit? It is very similar to the "Equity >= % of snapshot", except what I am proposing will use a fixed dollar value above the snapshot.

In other words, what I am proposing is "Equity >= $ above snapshot". I am not a coder but I think this should be rather simple to implement considering you already have the percentage option built in. This dollar condition will be handy in situations where we are using a fixed lot size regardless of the account growth.

I would humbly request you to please please consider this. AP is already the most important tool for me and this feature will make it even more robust.

Btw, the workaround of setting up two AP instances to close large number of trades has been working well.
I'll consider adding this in the next version of Account Protector.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi. Can you please advise which setting I could set to protect the balance going into a negative?
Negative balance is something your broker should protect against. The only case where negative balance is possible is when the price slips or gaps past the broker's stop-out level. Account Protector won't be able to close your trades when even the broker's own stop-out facility fails.

cdhamo

Trader
Feb 25, 2021
Negative balance is something your broker should protect against. The only case where negative balance is possible is when the price slips or gaps past the broker's stop-out level. Account Protector won't be able to close your trades when even the broker's own stop-out facility fails.
Unfortunately with a pro account, the ASIC negative balance protection is waived.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Unfortunately with a pro account, the ASIC negative balance protection is waived.
I understand... Unfortunately, AP won't help you here because negative balance can occur only in a situation when even the broker's server-side mechanisms fail - you cannot solve it from the client's side.

cdhamo

Trader
Feb 25, 2021
Hi Enivid. Can you please tell me if I want to enable the "breakeven" function on the main screen, do I need to attach the EA just once to the platform, or do I have to attach it to each chart/pair?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid. Can you please tell me if I want to enable the "breakeven" function on the main screen, do I need to attach the EA just once to the platform, or do I have to attach it to each chart/pair?
One chart is enough, it will work for all symbols (unless filtered otherwise via the Filters tab).

cdhamo

Trader
Feb 25, 2021
T
One chart is enough, it will work for all symbols (unless filtered otherwise via the Filters tab).
Thanks for your quick response. I need some further assistance please. So I have set the 'Profit Value (pips) to move SL to breakeven' as 50, and 'extra pips' as 2. However, as you can see from my chart, the SL was set before 7 pips. Can you please help me rectify this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    568.2 KB · Views: 11

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
T

Thanks for your quick response. I need some further assistance please. So I have set the 'Profit Value (pips) to move SL to breakeven' as 50, and 'extra pips' as 2. However, as you can see from my chart, the SL was set before 7 pips. Can you please help me rectify this?
The Account Protector uses "broker's pips", which are fractional in your case. Multiple the values by 10 to get the standard pips you likely want.

KeepOne

May 29, 2021
Hello and thank you for answering our questions here :D.

I want to use Account Protector to move SL to BE from several orders in profit on the same instrument. Let's say I have two EURUSD buys opened and want to move SL to BE when both combined reach a 75 USD profit for example. If I only "filter by instrument" will it apply that "75 USD in profit" condition by performing a simple addition (example one is 30 USD in profit and the other 45 USD, then move to BE) or the condition isn't supported that way (applies to one trade only)?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I want to use Account Protector to move SL to BE from several orders in profit on the same instrument. Let's say I have two EURUSD buys opened and want to move SL to BE when both combined reach a 75 USD profit for example. If I only "filter by instrument" will it apply that "75 USD in profit" condition by performing a simple addition (example one is 30 USD in profit and the other 45 USD, then move to BE) or the condition isn't supported that way (applies to one trade only)?
Unfortunately, BE, Trailing stop, and extra profit settings work on per-trade basis only. However, you could probably try using the Equity trailing stop feature to attain what you desire but very roughly.

• 👍
Reactions: KeepOne

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.05 has been released. It introduces quite a few important changes:
1. Added "Equity − snapshot" and "Snapshot − equity" conditions. (Suggested by @abmfcs)
2. Added "Chart price" conditions. (Suggested by @Trendy)
3. Added an optional delay between order closing (DelayOrderClose input parameter). (Suggested by @Robertosvjr)
4. Added an option (UseTotalVolume input parameter) to use total volume for close percentage calculation when closing multiple small orders.(Suggested by @Robertosvjr)
5. Added an input parameter (AdditionalFunds) for a trader to specify additional funds to add to the account's balance, equity, and free margin. (Suggested by @JohnyBravo345534)
6. Changed the Close percentage field in the Actions tab to accept non-integer values. (Suggested by @Robertosvjr)
7. Removed the alert about DLL Imports being disabled.
8. Fixed the removal of a leftover panel when re-attaching the Account Protector after a critical error.
9. Fixed handling of closed markets in MT5.
10. Improved compatibility of the MT5 version with cryptocurrency-denominated accounts and cryptocurrency instruments.

Please download, test, and let me know how it works for you!

• 👍
Reactions: AfroButterfly

noobzai202

Trader
Jul 29, 2020
Hi, i tried opening the mq4 file in metaeditor but immediately compiled it and many errors showed up and couldnt be compiled...

Last edited by a moderator:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, i tried opening the mq4 file in metaeditor but immediately compiled it and many errors showed up and couldnt be compiled...
Are both Account Protector.mqh and Defines.mqh located in the same folder as Account Protector.mq4 when you compile it? What error messages you are getting?

noobzai202

Trader
Jul 29, 2020
Are both Account Protector.mqh and Defines.mqh located in the same folder as Account Protector.mq4 when you compile it? What error messages you are getting?
Its fine all good now! I wanna ask like do brokers manage to differentiate using this Risk Management EA and also normal trading EAs? If both of them have the same magic number.

m4n0

Trader
Aug 22, 2021
I had the settings set to close all trades and disable auto trading. But still, some of the trades went on beyond the equity in currency that I set. Lost two funded traded challenges because of that. May I know what I could have missed?