refjamie

Trader
May 21, 2023
And if you try to open Defines.mqh in MetaEditor and press Compile there, what does it say? It won't compile an .ex5 out of it, but it will check it for errors.
That compiles ok
Post automatically merged:

Should there be an include to Defines.mqh in the mq5? (There isn't, but it doesn't work when I try add one in)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
That compiles ok
Post automatically merged:

Should there be an include to Defines.mqh in the mq5? (There isn't, but it doesn't work when I try add one in)
No, Defines.mqh is included via Account Protector.mqh, which is included by Account Protector.mq5. Which MT5 build are you using? You can check it via menu Help->About.

refjamie

Trader
May 21, 2023
No, Defines.mqh is included via Account Protector.mqh, which is included by Account Protector.mq5. Which MT5 build are you using? You can check it via menu Help->About.
Sorry I should have checked Account Protector.mqh!

Build is

Version 5.00 build 3742
20 May 23

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry I should have checked Account Protector.mqh!

Build is

Version 5.00 build 3742
20 May 23
It looks like some beta build. It probably added some function called 'Enable'. That's what causing this issue.

You can fix it easily by replacing the following lines (Account Protector.mq5):
MQL5:
input Enable EnableEmergencyButton = No; // Enable emergency button
with :
MQL5:
input EnableEnum EnableEmergencyButton = No; // Enable emergency button

MQL5:
ExtDialog.Logging("Enable Emergency Button = " + EnumToString((Enable)EnableEmergencyButton));
with:
MQL5:
ExtDialog.Logging("Enable Emergency Button = " + EnumToString((EnableEnum)EnableEmergencyButton));

And then in Defines.mqh:
MQL5:
enum Enable
with
MQL5:
enum EnableEnum

refjamie

Trader
May 21, 2023
Thanks for this, I didn't knowingly download a beta build, just the latest version from the website.

Made the changes, there was also line 4297 in account protector.mqh

Now complies! Thank you! :)

Mar 12, 2023
So that looks like an equity stop-loss but with some more or less arbitrary bundling of orders. I will see what can be done, but at a first glance it looks very complex to handle.

I don't think it needs to be that complex. If you can set a limit on the number of trades it can keep track of (10?) in each bundle, you can probably use the same mindset as when you filter on comments but filter on order no, ore use a file to temp store the ordernr that are bundled. Or maybe add a new part in the comment on the orders that should belong to the same bundle and filter on that?I really need this... can I help in any way?

cdhamo

Trader
Feb 25, 2021
Can you please tell me if Account Protector has the ability to, for example, stop other EAs trading after a certain time, or close all positions at a certain time? (I can't see an option to do so).

cdhamo

Trader
Feb 25, 2021
Yes, it can do that using the timer feature found on the main tab.
I don't understand. I can see the timer but as far as I can tell - that will activate the ProtectorEA at a certain time. Is this correct? I'm after a function that will stop opening positions on all other EAs from a certain time.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I don't understand. I can see the timer but as far as I can tell - that will activate the ProtectorEA at a certain time. Is this correct? I'm after a function that will stop opening positions on all other EAs from a certain time.
The timer will activate the actions set in the Account Protector. You can set the 'Disable autotrading' action, and it will prevent all other EAs from trading.

noexpert

Jun 20, 2023
Hi, I am using the Account Protector V 1.091. Another EA that I use a lot uses a modified martingale technique. It is very successful ..until it blows up the account! The EA does not come with any type of stop loss and is not designed to operate if trades are closed “manually”. Its next trades still take account of the perceived loss and it basically goes haywire.

Multiple versions of the EA are operating and I use the magic number to filter so that each EA is being monitored by separate instances of the Account protector

The account protector does close trades at the specified loss for the individual magic number but I really need it to disable algo trading for the specific EA so that it can be reset. The other EA’s on the account should continue trading.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Ian

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I am using the Account Protector V 1.091. Another EA that I use a lot uses a modified martingale technique. It is very successful ..until it blows up the account! The EA does not come with any type of stop loss and is not designed to operate if trades are closed “manually”. Its next trades still take account of the perceived loss and it basically goes haywire.

Multiple versions of the EA are operating and I use the magic number to filter so that each EA is being monitored by separate instances of the Account protector

The account protector does close trades at the specified loss for the individual magic number but I really need it to disable algo trading for the specific EA so that it can be reset. The other EA’s on the account should continue trading.

Is that possible?
If I remember correctly, auto-trading is a platform setting, not an account settings. This means that you can set up different EAs on different MT4 instances connected to he same account and disable autotrading for specific EAs by disabling it on a specific platform instance.

noexpert

Jun 20, 2023
If I remember correctly, auto-trading is a platform setting, not an account settings. This means that you can set up different EAs on different MT4 instances connected to he same account and disable autotrading for specific EAs by disabling it on a specific platform instance.
Thanks, good suggestion.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Account Protector has been updated to version 1.10 to fix some bugs and offer some new features:
  • Added an option to calculate only realized profit/loss in the daily profit/loss conditions (CountFloatingInDailyPL). (@MrCoffee)
  • Added a trigger delay option (ConditionDelay). (@Matti_gran_tall)
  • Added an option to load your custom settings file with panel fields' values (Settings file). (Via GitHub issue)
  • Added four new conditions based on the number of positions and pending orders. (@letsfork123)
  • Added a global ON/OFF state for the panel. (@Ssantos)
  • Added a new filter to the Filters tab to target long and short trades separately. (Via email)
  • Changed how you can control the way the positions are sorted before closing. (@Jack_7)
  • Fixed the file encoding used for the panel's settings file in MT5. It is now UTF-8.
  • Fixed a bug in the MT4 version of the EA that resulted in deposits and withdrawals being counted in the daily profit/loss conditions. (Via GitHub issue)
  • Fixed decimal places normalization in some condition fields.
  • Fixed the placement of fields on the Filters tab to avoid overlapping problems in MT4.
  • Optimized the EA initialization and deinitialization phases to significantly improve the loading speed when switching the chart symbol.
  • Removed the PanelOnTopOfChart input parameter. Use the 'Chart on foreground' checkbox in the chart's settings instead.
Warning! This new version uses UTF-8 settings file format in MetaTrader 5. Updating to 1.10 will likely cause a failure to load your old settings file correctly.

• 👍
Reactions: Matti_gran_tall

Spice

Trader
Jun 21, 2023
Hello. I've been trying to install the EA since yesterday on my MacOS MT5. Regardless of whatever I try, it won't show up as an EA on MT5.

Here's what I've tried:
- Clicked "File" > "Open Data Folder", then Finder popped up.
- I unzipped the whole folder into MQL5> Experts. No luck.
- I unzipped the whole folder into MQL5> Experts but left the 4 files scattered. No luck
- Same as the above but MQL5> Experts> Advisors. No luck
- Same as the above but simply under the MQL5 folder. No luck

I currently have things as shown in the screenshot.

For all of the above I then tried 3 things: Refresh the EAs. No luck. Then quit the app and reopen it. No luck. Then restarted my laptop. No luck.

Version 5.0.0.3733

This is very frustrating, so any help would be most welcome.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 9.45.30 AM.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello. I've been trying to install the EA since yesterday on my MacOS MT5. Regardless of whatever I try, it won't show up as an EA on MT5.

Here's what I've tried:
- Clicked "File" > "Open Data Folder", then Finder popped up.
- I unzipped the whole folder into MQL5> Experts. No luck.
- I unzipped the whole folder into MQL5> Experts but left the 4 files scattered. No luck
- Same as the above but MQL5> Experts> Advisors. No luck
- Same as the above but simply under the MQL5 folder. No luck

I currently have things as shown in the screenshot.

For all of the above I then tried 3 things: Refresh the EAs. No luck. Then quit the app and reopen it. No luck. Then restarted my laptop. No luck.

Version 5.0.0.3733

This is very frustrating, so any help would be most welcome.

View attachment 24249
Does it show up in MetaEditor?