Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, could you please consider option to delete pending orders(current) if already opened orders reached TP, or closed? (all the orders opened with same magic number.).

View attachment 22865
You could use a delete all pending orders action with some profit condition attached to it. Filter by magic number if you want to avoid interfering with other orders/symbols.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I downloaded the MT4 version of your Account Protector EA. I can see the EA in my experts folder. But when I click on it , it is not opening on the chart. What is the matter?
You need to check the Experts tab for errors. Perhaps, you need to re-compile the EA. Perhaps, you didn't copy all the files.

Paul Ika

Active Trader
Sep 1, 2017
Boston, MA, USA
You need to check the Experts tab for errors. Perhaps, you need to re-compile the EA. Perhaps, you didn't copy all the files.
I thought the MQL4 source file is the only one file is all that I needed to run the EA. I placed it in my Experts folder under MQL4.
Do I need to compile it as well?
Can you send me here all the files I need and ple, mention where I need to place each file on my MT4 platform?
Post automatically merged:

I thought the MQL4 source file is the only one file is all that I needed to run the EA. I placed it in my Experts folder under MQL4.
Can you send me here all the files I need and ple, mention where I need to place each file on my MT4 platform?
i just checked my Experts folder. It says it can not open this Account Protector MQL4 Source File.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Post automatically merged:

i just checked my Experts folder. It says it can not open this Account Protector MQL4 Source File.
You need to copy all three files that are in the archive that you downloaded. It is best to place them in the same subfolder in /MQL4/Experts/. For example, you could name it Account Protector. Then you either restart the platform or compile the Account Protector.mq4 file.

Paul Ika

Active Trader
Sep 1, 2017
Boston, MA, USA
You need to copy all three files that are in the archive that you downloaded. It is best to place them in the same subfolder in /MQL4/Experts/. For example, you could name it Account Protector. Then you either restart the platform or compile the Account Protector.mq4 file.
I got it to work now. Thanks. I have 2 questions:
1. Upon meeting my equity targets, when it closes all my trades from my MT4 platform, can this EA remove all the EAs on my MT4 platform which triggered the trades on my MT4 in the first place?
2. If my set of trades on my MT4 platform neither meets up equity or down equity, can I get it to close all my trades with whatever profit/loss they may be at, at a set local time of mine?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. Upon meeting my equity targets, when it closes all my trades from my MT4 platform, can this EA remove all the EAs on my MT4 platform which triggered the trades on my MT4 in the first place?
It can turn autotrading off or close the platform, but it cannot remove other EAs from charts.

Paul Ika

Active Trader
Sep 1, 2017
Boston, MA, USA
Yes, you can use the Timer feature on the Main tab for that.
A little clarification that I need.
I see the timer tab in Main section pf the EA. It does not specifically say that timer can be used to close all my trades on my MT4. I live in Boston, MA, USA, where we follow Eastern Standard Time (EST), also called New York time. My Forex broker (Oanda) opens and closes D1 charts at 5PM EST (NY Time). You mean to say, if I set 4:30PM EST on the timer tab, it will close all my trades on the platform 1/2 hour before market closes? Is my understanding correct?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
A little clarification that I need.
I see the timer tab in Main section pf the EA. It does not specifically say that timer can be used to close all my trades on my MT4. I live in Boston, MA, USA, where we follow Eastern Standard Time (EST), also called New York time. My Forex broker (Oanda) opens and closes D1 charts at 5PM EST (NY Time). You mean to say, if I set 4:30PM EST on the timer tab, it will close all my trades on the platform 1/2 hour before market closes? Is my understanding correct?
The timer triggers actions, like the conditions do. So, you can use the timer to execute any action of your choice from those listed on the Actions tab.
You cannot set a timezone in the Timer field, but you can set it to 16:30 and switch the time from Server to Local and it will use your PC's configured timezone.
You can read about how the EA works on this page:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/Account-Protector/

Marcoslav

Nov 3, 2022
Hey Enivid, would it be possible to set Profit value for BE in currency units? I'm always risking let say 100usd so i want BE to kick in when my trade reaches 200usd. That would be much simpler, because all trades have the same currency value but not the same point value.

Jeff_Al

Trader
Apr 23, 2021
Trying to compile and I get these errors. Using MT version build 1361 and metaeditor v5 build 2399.
I have changed nothing of the code. simple just want to compile as it doesnt attach to a chart.
All 3 files placed in the expert folder.

Error in MT4 is

2022.11.07 15:44:07.971 cannot open file 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\77BF5E7D59A6C970E3777DD958539D7E\MQL4\Experts\Account Protector.ex4' [2]

Attachments

• AP error 1.jpg
    AP error 1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Trying to compile and I get these errors. Using MT version build 1361 and metaeditor v5 build 2399.
I have changed nothing of the code. simple just want to compile as it doesnt attach to a chart.
All 3 files placed in the expert folder.

Error in MT4 is

2022.11.07 15:44:07.971 cannot open file 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\77BF5E7D59A6C970E3777DD958539D7E\MQL4\Experts\Account Protector.ex4' [2]
It appears that you are trying to compile the wrong file. Please compile Account Protector.mq4.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hey Enivid, would it be possible to set Profit value for BE in currency units? I'm always risking let say 100usd so i want BE to kick in when my trade reaches 200usd. That would be much simpler, because all trades have the same currency value but not the same point value.
I will consider adding such an option, but I won't promise anything.