News Trader

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. I have stopped using it. The thing is, I ended up with a set of news announcements (about 6 per month) that work more or less good with this EA, but they still only let the balance stay slightly above breakeven. I don't consider it to be a good result. I should probably just revise the strategy (SL, TP, seconds before entry, etc) and the events I trade, but I lack the time to do this via a thorough forward-test while backtesting is impossible with this EA.

2. That's what I used. Trailing stop worked horribly for me. Mostly due to high volatility after the release.

3. It is as quick as I believe is possible.

4. You can discuss it here. I don't run or participate in real-time chat groups.

Qukan

Trader
Sep 24, 2022
Hi Enivid,

Is there a way to cure the slippage issue?

I can see you've traded using this bot for a while and you might have insight on how to go about it.

I'm a big fan of the Amazing EA but occasionally the slippage ouster clear the profits you've accumulated over time

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there a way to cure the slippage issue?

I can see you've traded using this bot for a while and you might have insight on how to go about it.

I'm a big fan of the Amazing EA but occasionally the slippage ouster clear the profits you've accumulated over time
You can't "cure" slippage from the trader's side. It's the broker's issue. Of course, there will be slippage near high-impact news. The solution that worked for me was to move the trade opening time earlier - to about 17 seconds before the news release.

Franke

Trader
Jan 11, 2023
Hi Enivid

Thanks for a great effort with this EA. I wanted to ask whether you plan to build in the ability for it to automatically fetch or reset news timings for pairs from ForexFactory without us having to manually enter the news time? A truely automated app that can just run continuously in the background?

Would be happy to test or help in anyway I can?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for a great effort with this EA. I wanted to ask whether you plan to build in the ability for it to automatically fetch or reset news timings for pairs from ForexFactory without us having to manually enter the news time? A truely automated app that can just run continuously in the background?

Would be happy to test or help in anyway I can?
Sorry, but I have no plans for that.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
how to set money management settings for 0.4 lot /1000$ in NewsTrader EA MT4 ?
The News Trader EA uses risk-based money management. If you want to go with the balance based, you'd have to switch MM to false and then just calculate and enter the fixed position size manually.

zrt

Trader
Nov 4, 2022
Hi Enivid,
Thanks for your reply. I love this EA. I wanted to make one but yours does it all.
I am sad you no longer use it. It is such a healthy strategy...
Before this I used for a while kind of Amazing EA before.
It was very good for me and I made very big money quite easy on most of all red news.
To sum up briefly, 50% of the time I had small profit like 1-2 pips. 40% of the time I had small profit (3-15 pips... unfortunately out of a 50-100 pips move sometimes, but it's like this), and 10% of the time a full SL. It was very profitable.

........... UNTIL the triggered stops started to slip a lot. I don't know if broker was "weak" and fixed it...

So now I would like to do the same, without the entry slippage. I know for the exit SL, my broker will not slip too much. I think this and spread are important.
I think opening the trades 18 or 10sec before is about the same if you have good spread, price doesn't change that much no?

Enivid, I have some more questions, please, if you can guide a bit...

1. Can I use this EA on DAX, or US30? (for now I use on forex pairs). I don't know if they have more volatility/better spread?
2. If I want say to trade both EURUSD and GBPUSD for the same news, should I set the EA on 2 grids? With 2 different magic numbers?
3. Which Timeframe should I use? It does matter only for ATR?
4. Do you think it is better to use with MT5 as it is multithread?

Thank you for your help! I will report!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. Can I use this EA on DAX, or US30? (for now I use on forex pairs). I don't know if they have more volatility/better spread?
I've never tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
2. If I want say to trade both EURUSD and GBPUSD for the same news, should I set the EA on 2 grids? With 2 different magic numbers?
If currency pairs are different, you don't need to set different Magic numbers. You only need Magic numbers if you are trading on the same currency pair.
3. Which Timeframe should I use? It does matter only for ATR?
ATR period is set via an input parameter. The chart timeframe matters only to your visual preference.
4. Do you think it is better to use with MT5 as it is multithread?
I only tested it on MT5 a few times, my main use of this EA was with MT4. It worked quite well from the technical point of view.

Luigi

Feb 20, 2023
Hi Enivid

Is there a reason why 20-40 positions are opened and closed by this EA in the seconds before the news.
I see them all in my history-tab in mt5.
Normally only 2 should be opened, a buy and a sell position.
I have removed and reinstalled it but nothing seems to help.
Maybe you know the reason or how to solve this.
Thanks in advance

Best regards Enrique

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid

Is there a reason why 20-40 positions are opened and closed by this EA in the seconds before the news.
I see them all in my history-tab in mt5.
Normally only 2 should be opened, a buy and a sell position.
I have removed and reinstalled it but nothing seems to help.
Maybe you know the reason or how to solve this.
Thanks in advance

Best regards Enrique
And closed? Perhaps they are getting closed by a very tight SL and it reopens them because there still some time before the news? Or are they closed automatically by the broker because you are trading with some prop firm that prohibits news trading or something like that? I need more information to say something here. Under normal conditions it works fine - just two trades.

Luigi

Feb 20, 2023
And closed? Perhaps they are getting closed by a very tight SL and it reopens them because there still some time before the news? Or are they closed automatically by the broker because you are trading with some prop firm that prohibits news trading or something like that? I need more information to say something here. Under normal conditions it works fine - just two trades.
How can I see if they are being closed by the broker.
Still if the two trades are closed by the broker , this EA should not open any trades anymore, right?
Attached is more information about it.
Awaiting your reply

Attachments

• History-tab1.PNG
    History-tab1.PNG
    129.9 KB · Views: 5
  • History-tab2.PNG
    History-tab2.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Log-file1.PNG
    Log-file1.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Log-file2.PNG
    Log-file2.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Log-file3.PNG
    Log-file3.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Log-file4.PNG
    Log-file4.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Log-file5.PNG
    Log-file5.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Log-file6.PNG
    Log-file6.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • Log-file7.PNG
    Log-file7.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

zrt

Trader
Nov 4, 2022
Hi, I also have same issue on mt4, trades opened-closed and reopened seconds before news. But maybe because I had the EA on 2 diff chart, same pair, with same magic number? Also indeed SL is tight, but less than spread I believe. I am worried it triggered for me 10 trades before the news.

Also, can you explain a bit more how TrailingStop works? Does it trail as soon as profit? By which pip step? Thank you!

Edit : in logs I have many time messages (for each closure I guess) : "closing trade by timeout"

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
How can I see if they are being closed by the broker.
Still if the two trades are closed by the broker , this EA should not open any trades anymore, right?
Attached is more information about it.
Awaiting your reply
Which broker and account type is that? I need to test it.

Also, what is the output in the Experts tab?

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I also have same issue on mt4, trades opened-closed and reopened seconds before news. But maybe because I had the EA on 2 diff chart, same pair, with same magic number? Also indeed SL is tight, but less than spread I believe. I am worried it triggered for me 10 trades before the news.

Also, can you explain a bit more how TrailingStop works? Does it trail as soon as profit? By which pip step? Thank you!

Edit : in logs I have many time messages (for each closure I guess) : "closing trade by timeout"
I don't think it can happen due to two EAs on the same pair with the same Magic number. In case of two EAs with the same symbol and Magic, the second EA just won't trade.

The trailing stop works with the original SL distance as the trailing stop value.

What is your value for the Close trade X seconds after the news, 0 - turn the feature off input parameter?

zrt

Trader
Nov 4, 2022
Thank you, to be exact EA used same magic number on same pair but was on 2 diff charts on 2 diff VPS. Anyway it just traded, all fine with MT4, and MT5. Ok for trailingm thanks.
Value of Close trade X second after the news was 3600.
Thanks again.