abmfcs

Trader
May 6, 2021
Hi Enivid. Is there a way to setup AP to close all trades as soon as the equity increases by a certain dollar value? For example, the starting equity is $1000, and I want to close all trades at $1050, and then $1100, and the $1150 and so on? Please guide,

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid. Is there a way to setup AP to close all trades as soon as the equity increases by a certain dollar value? For example, the starting equity is $1000, and I want to close all trades at $1050, and then $1100, and the $1150 and so on? Please guide,
You can either set that via the "Equity >= currency units" condition, but you would need to adjust it on each step (e.g., set to 1000 the first time, to 1050 the next time, and so on), or you can set it via the "Floating profit rises to currency units" - you just set it to 50, and you will get the it triggered when your equity increases by $50. The second method will fail if some of your trades get closed by some other reason (e.g., manually or another EA) because the floating profit will become realized - equity could rise to $1,050, while the floating profit could now be lower than $50.

adimanu2593

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
Discuss Account Protector expert advisor here. This EA lets you control your orders and positions with a chart panel. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader tool here.
Hi Enivid,
I want to use Account Protector EA just to put stop loss at breakeven (nothing else) after the order gains some pips. The trades will be executed by a EA which does not use SL, it trades based on a custom indicator and exits with opposite signal. Please help me with the settings.

Also how can I use Account Protector EA simultaneously with the EA which will execute trades.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I want to use Account Protector EA just to put stop loss at breakeven (nothing else) after the order gains some pips. The trades will be executed by a EA which does not use SL, it trades based on a custom indicator and exits with opposite signal. Please help me with the settings.

Also how can I use Account Protector EA simultaneously with the EA which will execute trades.
Then you just need to set some value in the "Profit value (pips) to move SL to breakeven" field on the Main tab.
To use AP simultaneously with another EA, just add it to another chart if you are using MT4, or to the same chart if you are using MT5.

abmfcs

Trader
May 6, 2021
Hi Enivid - sorry one more question. Can you please explain how the "Equity trailing stop" option work that is on the main tab? Is it dependent on the equity snapshot (taken manually) or does the base equity value gets automatically updated for trailing?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid - sorry one more question. Can you please explain how the "Equity trailing stop" option work that is on the main tab? Is it dependent on the equity snapshot (taken manually) or does the base equity value gets automatically updated for trailing?
Equity trailing stop is independent from the snapshot. It works as a normal stop-loss but for entire equity.

adimanu2593

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
Then you just need to set some value in the "Profit value (pips) to move SL to breakeven" field on the Main tab.
To use AP simultaneously with another EA, just add it to another chart if you are using MT4, or to the same chart if you are using MT5.
Hi Enivid,
You said for mt5 use AP on the same chart with the EA. But how can I put 2 EAs on a single chart.
Can you please explain how to simultaneously run AP with my custom EA on mt5.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,
You said for mt5 use AP on the same chart with the EA. But how can I put 2 EAs on a single chart.
Can you please explain how to simultaneously run AP with my custom EA on mt5.
My bad! It is still impossible even in MT5. For some reason, I thought it worked in MT5.

adimanu2593

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
My bad! It is still impossible even in MT5. For some reason, I thought it worked in MT5.
Thanks for reply,
Is it possible that I run my custom EA on the required chart where trades needs to be executed and AP in some other random chart and it can manage the operation from that chart.

adimanu2593

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
Yes, that will work.
Hi Enivid,
Can you tell me how to run the actions taken by conditions of AP EA running in loop as I can see after triggering the condition once it stops taking action on the condition specified.
I want it to keep taking actions until not stopped be me .

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,
Can you tell me how to run the actions taken by conditions of AP EA running in loop as I can see after triggering the condition once it stops taking action on the condition specified.
I want it to keep taking actions until not stopped be me .
You probably want to set DoNotResetConditions and DoNotResetActions input parameters to true.

cladius

Trader
Apr 25, 2021
HI, for attaching the AP; I have 3 GBP/USD charts; 1 and 2nd chart is for bot placing a buy and sell and a third chart with no bot/ea attached. Which chart do i need to attach the AP to ? Will anyone of the 3 chart do OR it needs to be attached to the chart 1 & 2, that has the both running? Thank You

cladius

Trader
Apr 25, 2021
HI, for attaching the AP; I have 3 GBP/USD charts; 1 and 2nd chart is for bot placing a buy and sell and a third chart with no bot/ea attached. Which chart do i need to attach the AP to ? Will anyone of the 3 chart do OR it needs to be attached to the chart 1 & 2, that has the both running? Thank You

ps: I just noticed the answer when you responded to adimanu2593 . So, I can place the AP on random chart and it will work? thanks

salvacasa

Jun 9, 2021
good morning, this ea is what I need but it doesn't work for me, is it possible that in mt4 version 1335 it has stopped working?

salvacasa

Jun 9, 2021
It works fine in MT4 Build 1335. When you say that it doesn't work for you, what exactly do you mean?
Hello, I have compiled it with version 1330 and it works, but if you install it directly in version 1335 it does not compile it

If you had it installed before the update to 1335 I suppose it will still work

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, I have compiled it with version 1330 and it works, but if you install it directly in version 1335 it does not compile it
Are you compiling the right file (.mq4)? Are both Account Protector.mqh and Defines.mqh located in the same folder when you compile Account Protector.mq4? What error messages you are getting?
It compiles without any problem in my 1335.

salvacasa

Jun 9, 2021
Are you compiling the right file (.mq4)? Are both Account Protector.mqh and Defines.mqh located in the same folder when you compile Account Protector.mq4? What error messages you are getting?
It compiles without any problem in my 1335.
sorry, in 1335 I had not put the files correctly, it was my error, it works perfectly

everything is correct, it was my mistake

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid