Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi All!

Can anyone please convert this mt4 indicator to mt5?
Thank you in advance! :)
An .ex4 file cannot be used to convert an indicator from MT4 to MT5. One needs a source file (.mq4) to do so. Furthermore, this indicator uses custom a DLL file, which could not only hinder any conversion process, but it may also contain malicious code.

Lakatos98

May 30, 2020
An .ex4 file cannot be used to convert an indicator from MT4 to MT5. One needs a source file (.mq4) to do so. Furthermore, this indicator uses custom a DLL file, which could not only hinder any conversion process, but it may also contain malicious code.

Thank you for your answer!
Here is the mq4 file. :)

Attachments

• Futuro.mq4
    1.6 KB · Views: 65

robertomargot

Trader
Sep 4, 2019
HI EVERYONE, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONVERT THIS INDICATOR FOR ME TO WORK ON MY MT5 PLEASE

Attachments

• Aliev FX Volumes.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 35

doyathink

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2013
There is no fully automatic tool, but it is possible to convert indicators from MT4 to MT5 using special libraries I've shared in this post. It doesn't require in-depth knowledge of MQL4/5 coding.
Thankyou for that! Could you please explain where to place all these files?
And after that do we just paste our MT4 mql files in the indicators folder, or is there more to do?
And do these go in MetaEditor or the MT5 platform?
I'm very new to MT5, so please forgive my ignorance...

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Could you please explain where to place all these files?
You place them in /MQL5/Include/.
And after that do we just paste our MT4 mql files in the indicators folder, or is there more to do?
At the very least, you need to rename the file from .mq4 to .mq5 and include the libraries there using the #include directive. After you try compiling the new indicator there might be a list of errors to fix.
And do these go in MetaEditor or the MT5 platform?
What do you mean? MetaEditor is just a code editing software and a compiler.

doyathink

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2013
You place them in /MQL5/Include/.

At the very least, you need to rename the file from .mq4 to .mq5 and include the libraries there using the #include directive. After you try compiling the new indicator there might be a list of errors to fix.

What do you mean? MetaEditor is just a code editing software and a compiler.
Thanks... that clarifies things for me! I'll work on it soon.... Ignore the platform/editor question... Cheers!

gonnabetter

Trader
Jul 22, 2020
I don't believe in volume trading in Forex, but these indicators have been very interesting to convert from MT4 to MT5. I also took the liberty to convert some of the input parameters to enums.
Here is the Candles Suite with PVA display:
View attachment 15956

And here is the Volume Suite with the default PVA view:
View attachment 15955

@aphong Please test it and let me know if it works for you.
wow , I was looking for PVRSA MT5 version indicators for a long time, thanks for sharing these gems .

gonnabetter

Trader
Jul 22, 2020
I don't believe in volume trading in Forex, but these indicators have been very interesting to convert from MT4 to MT5. I also took the liberty to convert some of the input parameters to enums.
Here is the Candles Suite with PVA display:
View attachment 15956

And here is the Volume Suite with the default PVA view:
View attachment 15955

@aphong Please test it and let me know if it works for you.
It seems that there is a difference in the formula you used in MT5, in the lower TFs there are a lot of difference between the original indicator and the one you converted to MT5 , here is a screenshot of my platforms which both are from the same broker with the same volume for each candle but as you see the colors are different :

I would be thankful if you take a look at your MT5 source code and see what is the problem .

ps : this is the original formula of candles :

Situation "Climax": When volume >= 200% of the average volume of the 10 previous chart TFs or where the product of candle spread x candle volume is >= the highest for the 10 previous chart time Tfs. (Default Colors: Bull bars are green and bear bars are red. )
Situation "Volume Rising ": When volume >= 150% of the average volume of the 10 previous chart Tfs. (Default Colors: Bull bars are blue and bear are blue-violet. )

Attachments

• diff.png
    diff.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It seems that there is a difference in the formula you used in MT5, in the lower TFs there are a lot of difference between the original indicator and the one you converted to MT5 , here is a screenshot of my platforms which both are from the same broker with the same volume for each candle but as you see the colors are different :

I would be thankful if you take a look at your MT5 source code and see what is the problem .

Situation "Climax": When volume >= 200% of the average volume of the 10 previous chart TFs or where the product of candle spread x candle volume is >= the highest for the 10 previous chart time Tfs. (Default Colors: Bull bars are green and bear bars are red. )
Situation "Volume Rising ": When volume >= 150% of the average volume of the 10 previous chart Tfs. (Default Colors: Bull bars are blue and bear are blue-violet. )
I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting!

• 👍
Reactions: gonnabetter

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

The formulas are the same in MT5 and in MT4 versions. However, are you sure that the volumes are the same in your MT4 and MT5 platforms? They might look the same but be quite different. For example, in my MT4, gold has volume of about ~1000 per bar:

mt4-gold-volume.png

While, my MT5 gold has volume about ~100 per bar:

mt5-gold-volume.png

• 👍
Reactions: gonnabetter

Jideofor11

Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I need help converting this mt4 indicator to mt5. I have no idea about coding please

Attachments

• OB_MTF v2.0.ex4
    38.5 KB · Views: 45

gonnabetter

Trader
Jul 22, 2020
I checked this issue, the number of ticks ( volume ) is different in MT4 and MT5 but the length of histogram is just the same in my broker when I compare MT4 and MT5 volumes , and as you know this indicator works based on the 10 bars moving average and I believe it doesn't matter if the volume is multiple of 100 or 1000 .