I'mHuy

Trader
Mar 5, 2020
Yes, I am the coder of this indicator (not the author because Market Profile indicator was created by J. Peter Steidlmayer before I was born).

You can easily tweak the indicator to remove object deletion simply by removing one line of code from it.

For MQL4, find and remove:
MQL4:
ObjectsDeleteAll(0, OBJ_RECTANGLE);

For MQL5, find and remove:
MQL5:
ObjectsDeleteAll(0, 0, OBJ_RECTANGLE);

But the result won't be very good, since the objects just won't fit on a larger timescale. But you can try it if you think that you need it.
Thanks admin.

KPR

Mar 25, 2020
1st of all a huge huge huge thank you for this marvelous indicator ... it is just amazing ... i have been using it since 6 months now .. and u have been upgrading it so fantastically .... but one major problem is .. if slight internet fluctuation is happening . then it hangs totally and does not restart ... i read all your suggestion and changed point multiplier to 5 and throttle redraw to 10 now ... anything else i should b doing .... i just want to use it without problems of hanging ... kindly help me ... and once again THANKS !!! for this fabulous indicator

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1st of all a huge huge huge thank you for this marvelous indicator ... it is just amazing ... i have been using it since 6 months now .. and u have been upgrading it so fantastically .... but one major problem is .. if slight internet fluctuation is happening . then it hangs totally and does not restart ... i read all your suggestion and changed point multiplier to 5 and throttle redraw to 10 now ... anything else i should b doing .... i just want to use it without problems of hanging ... kindly help me ... and once again THANKS !!! for this fabulous indicator
Could you please grab a screenshot of the Experts log tab when this happens?

KPR

Mar 25, 2020
View attachment 15824
will post same next time it happens .... but actually once it hangs ... it does not re boot at all for hours together .. after trying nearly 5 to 6 times that too post mkts only .... it comes back with great difficulty ... just loved this indicator to the core ... but when it gets struck ... feel like crying ..because whatever u do it does not allow to boot during mkt hours with best laptop .. best memory ... and so on ... today i have changed the parameters ... hope it works fine from tomorrow ... will revert back whatever happens ... thanks for the followup

KPR

Mar 25, 2020
it simply worked awesome today !!! a million thanks .... CHEERS to u ENIVID ... if i may ask ... from which part of the world are u from .... i am from INDIA .... NAMASTHE to u

KPR

Mar 25, 2020
You are welcome! I am from Ukraine.
hi enivid ... my ukraine rockstar .... i have a query ... as per market profile ... POC ..point of control gets decided after 30 mins of mkt open and POC is fixed ... here in your indicator .. POC keeps on changing from time to time and is not fixed after certain time ... why is it so ? i use it in 30 mins time frame .. please clarify ... and it is working awesome after i changed PointMultiplier to 10 and ThrottleRedraw to 10 .... no hanging probs at all now ... but needed clarification in POC matter pls ... thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi enivid ... my ukraine rockstar .... i have a query ... as per market profile ... POC ..point of control gets decided after 30 mins of mkt open and POC is fixed ... here in your indicator .. POC keeps on changing from time to time and is not fixed after certain time ... why is it so ? i use it in 30 mins time frame .. please clarify ... and it is working awesome after i changed PointMultiplier to 10 and ThrottleRedraw to 10 .... no hanging probs at all now ... but needed clarification in POC matter pls ... thanks
I am glad that the settings helped. As for the POC, it is defined as the longest line of TPOs closest to the center of the entire range. I believe you might be confusing POC with the concept of initial balance - it is the range formed by the first N minutes of trading after the market open. Although it isn't marked with anything special on my MarketProfile indicator, you can read it via the colors - the initial colors are from the initial balance.

KPR

Mar 25, 2020
I am glad that the settings helped. As for the POC, it is defined as the longest line of TPOs closest to the center of the entire range. I believe you might be confusing POC with the concept of initial balance - it is the range formed by the first N minutes of trading after the market open. Although it isn't marked with anything special on my MarketProfile indicator, you can read it via the colors - the initial colors are from the initial balance.
1586598160011.png
this is the example pic from your site itself .... in this upper is VAH and lower one is VAL ... and middle one is POC point of control or median .... this poc is keeping on changing in terms of value is what i am facing .... with the limited knowledge i hold , ...... for a particular day POC is decided and fixed after 1 hour of mkt open ( when i use it in 30 mins time frame ) .. and POC value remains same for rest of the day until mkt closes .... but here for me value of POC is constantly changing till mkt close ... example - if euro usd POC is 1.13900 at 10.30 am ... it is varying to 1.14170 as the day price moves on .... it is constantly changing full day ... but as i thought POC gets fixed ... kindly enlighten me ..where i am going wrong pls ...

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
View attachment 15986
this is the example pic from your site itself .... in this upper is VAH and lower one is VAL ... and middle one is POC point of control or median .... this poc is keeping on changing in terms of value is what i am facing .... with the limited knowledge i hold , ...... for a particular day POC is decided and fixed after 1 hour of mkt open ( when i use it in 30 mins time frame ) .. and POC value remains same for rest of the day until mkt closes .... but here for me value of POC is constantly changing till mkt close ... example - if euro usd POC is 1.13900 at 10.30 am ... it is varying to 1.14170 as the day price moves on .... it is constantly changing full day ... but as i thought POC gets fixed ... kindly enlighten me ..where i am going wrong pls ...
Pleas reread my post. You are continuing to confuse the POC (which should be changing as the session develops) with the initial balance (which is decided during first minutes/hours of the session).

KPR

Mar 25, 2020
Pleas reread my post. You are continuing to confuse the POC (which should be changing as the session develops) with the initial balance (which is decided during first minutes/hours of the session).
oooppss !! your are absolutely right ... i got confused bet IB and POC .... sorry for this silly trouble and a million thanks again buddy .... please keep doing this noble work u are doing , by helping many fellow traders accross the world ... wishing u lots of success for ur bright future ...

luckyfx

Trader
Jun 10, 2020
This is a beautiful indicator. Thank you for this.

What I would like:
red line for VAH
green line for VAL
yellow POC

Maybe this can be done already, but I haven't managed yet. Seems VAL cannot be customized only the high. Also this indicator always seems to draw from 0100 onwards. I would prefer to draw it from NY open, 1630 depending on timezone of the broker. I have played around with different sessions per day but it still will only draw once.

Thanks again.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What I would like:
red line for VAH
green line for VAL
yellow POC
You cannot set VAH and VAL to different colors, but everything else is possible.

Maybe this can be done already, but I haven't managed yet. Seems VAL cannot be customized only the high. Also this indicator always seems to draw from 0100 onwards. I would prefer to draw it from NY open, 1630 depending on timezone of the broker. I have played around with different sessions per day but it still will only draw once.
You need to switch Session to Intraday for your session settings (custom time) to take effect.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Market Profile version 1.15 has been released today. It implements rectangle feature suggested by @Alexandro here, single print highlighting, and PPOC highlighting suggested via GitHub. A detailed list of changes is available in the changelog.

Rectangle sessions demonstration video:

The new version is also available via GitHub.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: straf and jagg