Why do Forex Traders Lose Money

KhanB

Trader
Dec 1, 2011
Bangkok Thailand
I believe the reason that %90 of traders can't win because they don't realize that trading forex (or other financial instruments) is a professional business. Whoever thinks they will be successful by reading forex basics, eventually fails.

mingbao

Trader
Dec 6, 2011
Very good analysis, generally speaking, one trader must be prepared with not only knowledge but also mentality before steady growth in the forex investments.

Only by these, the trader can develop his own trading strategy, remember that successful trading need a commitment over a long time, so one should be disciplined to avoid the human weaknesses.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
Most of the traders treat forex as a game they are not serious in making analysis and planning before trading so they can not enter in market at right position. Secondly low experience is also a main cause of loss for them . A long demo practice can help to recover many mistakes will also make them expert in trading slowly.

gerski

Trader
Nov 7, 2013
I believe the basic reason why forex traders lose is that they think that forex is just an easy business .They dont indulge in learning which is really needed in forex in order to succeed together with skills and experienced in a way coz with our own trading experience we can learn from what we called as our mistakes in trading.

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013
Many traders lose money because of their failure to manage risk.

Magician

Master Trader
Jun 2, 2010
I assume then because we all know the why of losing that everyone here is a winner, for I'm not one of them, show me a retailer with an average bank around 10k leave him for a year, and ask again.
If your moving into 4x to make a living, most people will be well under capitalized, then you read all those 2% of your total bank risk method, and it's simply not practical, weekly wage (now I'm talking Mr working man) to live pay, mortgage/rent, car family, min £500 easily per week, it's pointless saying to him/her that we must take a longer term view of our methods, in the real world the guys (unisex here) are looking to make a living, and there learning curve is gonna be steep even with 10k.
I've busted a number of accounts, and I have a "normal" job, this allows me a bit of room, yet I still lose, if I can break even over 6 mnths, then I'm ok, 4 years still to make good money, (and keep it) I am very skeptical of people who say there 4x income is growing by this percent every month, we all have good times and then we lose, for a time, if anyone tells you other than that there not trading, and to make a living where you must remove a set amount from your account monthly in order to live adds a huge amount of pressure on the individual to be right every month.
I have heard that part of trading is losing and you accept and go on, in the real retailers world (under capitalized) you cant take to many hits, and then you get the times where you cant do anything right, it happens, and if it hasn't happened to you, then your not trading.
Have I painted a Real no nonsense image, then good for that's trading
Big bank, can take the hits, stay in when the going is rough, knowing there is a high probability price will eventually fall, none of those micro accounts are going to cut it, and growth using sensible methodology for a retailer just doesn't put the bread on the table.
Like me a part time trader with "real" :) job, no pressure then yip you can enjoy the ups, and the downs well it's spare cash anyhoo.
Spare a thought to those guys that are trading for a living with banks that aren't to healthy, yip they will break the rules, and yip they might fail, but when a guy put's up real cash money, and is willing to trade it in this market, he does this usually alone and with nerves doubts fears hopes,
Views from a kicked about busted abused trader, but still there.

David Train

Trader
Nov 13, 2013
The y loose money because they can't control their emotions.

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013
I think one reason why traders lose money is because the majority have little self-control and cannot resist the temptation to over-trade.Most greed for more profits and ends up losing big chunk on their capital.One way to manage our trading capital is for us being realistic in our profit expectations.

• 👍
Reactions: LeoCass

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
Retail traders lose money, professional traders make money.

If you want to be a pro you need to trade like a pro.

Education is the key to success in every job. Forex is no different. The more you know about how the market works, the more successful you will be.

miles

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Although, we do make lose in the forex market but lack of technical analysis, tactics and effective studying can make one lose money in the market.