What is the best way to learn about forex trading?

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Indeed, I lucked out in that regard, thankfully, but the vast majority of traders do not. The person who taught me learned on their own and it was a very difficult path for them.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
You don’t necessarily have to invest money to learn to trade. It can be helpful to have a mentor or to pay for a course, but these are things you can also learn online for free. I never paid for an education and used YouTube, Babypips, and forums like this one to learn. You could also open a demo account for practice. Just be sure to do your research before investing money with any broker, course, or anything related to trading.

jimcarter

Active Trader
Nov 10, 2017
USA
Everyone has their technique of learning Forex trading, so finding a universal guide is so difficult.

Most traders look for success stories from all over the world and try to incorporate some of the ideas into their trading strategy.
However, because most success stories include someone taking a big risk and getting lucky in the market, this could be quite difficult.

It may take a little longer, but the best techniques to learn about Forex trading for beginners are those that are as risk-free as possible.
However, they frequently reduce down to three techniques.
  • Using online tutorials to learn
  • Following in the footsteps of successful traders
  • While trading and making mistakes, you are learning.

Credcy

Jun 4, 2021
According to me, the school of pipsology on babypips is one of the better mediums to learn about forex trading, also in addition to this, one must keep practising on demo accounts.

Jungletrader

Banned
Sep 5, 2019
Forums like here .
Babypips Forex.academy and Forexpeacearmy.
Also YouTube SMC , Supply and Demand trading I feel offer the best insight to the markets

rickfx

Trader
Nov 9, 2020
I would like to learn to trade forex but don't want to sign up to any scams that say they deliver but don't and just take your money,is there any real genuine help out there.
1. Learn how forex markets work
2. Start reading financial portal and analyse how news affect forex market
3. Slowly start trading micro lots

PS: you don't need to buy any super duper forex material... there's more than enough for free already

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
I would like to learn to trade forex but don't want to sign up to any scams that say they deliver but don't and just take your money,is there any real genuine help out there.
If you want to learn, do a good search on the internet. You get a lot of good trading lessons. Browse around reputed Forex forums to learn from experienced traders. Youtube is another great source to learn about trading as well.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
If you want to learn, do a good search on the internet. You get a lot of good trading lessons. Browse around reputed Forex forums to learn from experienced traders. Youtube is another great source to learn about trading as well.
I agree, these are good ways to start. For doing internet searches, I think Investopedia is a great site, it has a lot of information in a very detailed manner.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
I think looking into some classic trading lessons books is probably also a good idea, they are quite systematized.

no_frame

Trader
Aug 21, 2021
Two words - Demo Trading
If you can try to get familiarise with demo trading, then surely and slowly you can get better in learning more about forex trading.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I think looking into some classic trading lessons books is probably also a good idea, they are quite systematized.
I think so too, although not everyone likes trading books because they are often more theoretical and less practical. But I personally learnt a lot from books back in the day.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Do you have a favourite one? For me it's Steve Nison's various books on Japanese candlestick analysis.