sangnakhon

Trader
Apr 22, 2016
Can somebody please make bands for this indicator ? It's VWAP (volume weight average price).
So it'll become VWAP Bands. Please put standard deviation 1.0, 2.0 & 2.5 for it.
So It'll look like Bollinger Bands. But I think it'll be better than Bollinger Bands.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how to calculate VWAP , but I think when you see the code in the indicator
I attached you'll know it.
I also upload Bollinger Bands indicator that has 3 standard deviation in case it might help you make it easier.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• vwap_close 20.mq4
    2 KB · Views: 937
  • AllBollingerBands_v2.0 600+.mq4
    28 KB · Views: 368

sangnakhon

Trader
Apr 22, 2016
VWAP calculation
There are five steps involved in the VWAP calculation.
First, compute the typical price for the intraday period. This is the average of the high, low and close {(H+L+C)/3)}.
Second, multiply the typical price by the period's volume.
Third, create a running total of these values. This is also known as a cumulative total.
Fourth, create a running total of volume (cumulative volume).
Fifth, divide the running total of price-volume by the running total of volume.

Cumulative(Volume x Typical Price)/Cumulative(Volume)

from http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:vwap_intraday

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
OK, the attached indicator is VWAP bands. In addition to three pairs of standard deviation lines, it supports price type selection. The bands are optional and will disappear if relevant input parameter is set to 0. Looks nice:
VWAP Bands.png

Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• VWAP Bands.mq4
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 👍
Reactions: friday13 and sangnakhon

Lenise

Jul 26, 2017
OK, the attached indicator is VWAP bands. In addition to three pairs of standard deviation lines, it supports price type selection. The bands are optional and will disappear if relevant input parameter is set to 0. Looks nice:
View attachment 8127

Hello! I put it on my MT4 platform but nothing appears there. Is the file correct?

SilvioTrade

Trader
Jan 26, 2018
Ciao Gianluca, purtroppo a me continua a non funzionare anche dopo aver rimosso ed installato nuovamente. Come hai fatto?

MOABC1

Trader
Jul 26, 2020
View attachment 8127

I'm try to be respectful and honest at the same time. THIS IS RUBBISH! It's not VWAP with SD. VWAP is not calculate using certain period (n) or candles.

It's only use volumes of similar day, e.g. Friday is only use Friday's volumes. If you put n=20 periods, for example, in early candles of Friday's chart, it'll also use Thursday's volume in the calculation. That's not a VWAP with SD.
:)

• 👍
Reactions: Loneblade

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
I'm try to be respectful and honest at the same time. THIS IS RUBBISH! It's not VWAP with SD. VWAP is not calculate using certain period (n) or candles.

It's only use volumes of similar day, e.g. Friday is only use Friday's volumes. If you put n=20 periods, for example, in early candles of Friday's chart, it'll also use Thursday's volume in the calculation. That's not a VWAP with SD.
:)
That is right. The screenshot below is probably what you and I are looking for. VWAP with SD which is reset after a day/a week/ a month is useful for analysis on institution buy or sell programs. It would take some skill to code this though, not sure if the coders here can do it.

Last edited by a moderator: