bounce

Trader
Sep 5, 2014
Bounce

Does anyone know how use the USDX indicator to create different indexes? I understand changing the pairs but do not understand the IndexCoefficients or IndexInitialValue. If someone can show me how to get this working I can help you with a powerful trading method. I used the system before the ForexLite discontinued the data.

bobart

Trader
Nov 23, 2014
... I can help you with a powerful trading method. I used the system before the ForexLite discontinued the data.

Trading method? Does the name "bounce" describe it?
I may look into the Channel Detector or whatever it is called, if I can find it again (I have other time commitments.)
Oh, the USDX in MT4 loaded right up for me... was easy enough to customize. I do not use MT5.

bobart

Trader
Nov 23, 2014
Possible uses of USDX

How does one trade USDX? I've heard a lot of good ideas about it but can't find an MT4 that carries it.
I intend to share here how I use the USDX. My time for posting is not what I would like as I work 60 to 70 hours a week, but I'll do my best.
The first thing I tried was to alter the USDX to build a EURX, a couple of them. One was weighted to imports (Norway, Japan and a few others) One weighted to exports to Turkey, the USA, Canada and something else. The idea being that local currencies were exchanging real money to buy euro goods or Europe exchanging to buy from others.
Then I made a "speculative" index of more money trading and less real goods. It looked like the speculative money leads the real trade exchanges. In other words, someone buying European goods paid at the speculatively set rate without causing noticeable movements in the exchange rates by their purchases.

eurusd-d1-noble-services-ltd-3.png

bobart

Trader
Nov 23, 2014
Another thing I did with the USDX was put an ATR weighted index of everything on one chart.
This chart below seems to say that the fall in the EURUSD for the last 90 days has been more USD strength than EUR weakness. That can be good information if signals for correlated currencies turn up. One might be a better trade than the other if one is trending better (not the cross, but the currency against a basket of other currencies.) That is, I might want to buy the USD against something else.

eurusd-d1-noble-services-ltd-9.png

:rolleyes:

bobart

Trader
Nov 23, 2014
Another thing. Here are the GBP crosses. GBP up against all since January 12, but down some against all but EUR since February 25.

gbpusd-d1-noble-services-ltd.png

Sorry, didn't mean to post such a large picture.

Last edited:

chij

Trader
Nov 2, 2015
Hiya

Need help loading the USDX indi. its only showing the line chart and i need the full candle sticks...
Suggestions?

Attachments

• line USDX.PNG
    line USDX.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 16

chij

Trader
Nov 2, 2015
It works perfectly fine in MT5 thanks
I would be in your dept if you could make MT4 version...

chij

Trader
Nov 2, 2015
Hi

Have an issue with the MT5 UDSX. Its basically an Inverted copy of the EUR/USD

Any suggestions on how to fix this.

KR

faustf

Trader
Feb 24, 2021
Hi guys i look inside of the indicator USDX by Andriy Moraru , i saw
Code:
extern string IndexCoefficients = "-0.576, 0.136, -0.119, 0.091, 0.036, 0.042"; // Do not change for USDX
but how calculate this coefficents?? where do you find this constant ?
thanks