Trading Session Time Indicator

Jan 4, 2023
Hi everyone! Need help please, I can't seem to add any other features other than the daily separators in the Trading Session Time(MT5) indicator. I also want to add the different sessions like Asia, London and New York but I don't know how to do it. Please help me

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi everyone! Need help please, I can't seem to add any other features other than the daily separators in the Trading Session Time(MT5) indicator. I also want to add the different sessions like Asia, London and New York but I don't know how to do it. Please help me
Do you set the start and end time in the input parameters? You need to add a separate instance for each trading session you want to mark, changing the times and the indicator short name inputs.

AaaCcc

Jan 31, 2023
Hi there! the Trading session indicator self deletes and only reappears when I switch between timeframes. I added the indicator twice into the same chart. I use the same indicator twice in the same chart for different purposes. is there a way to stop the self-deleting and reappearing of the indicators and make them both permanent. It works excellently, except for this minor issue which makes it a bit annoying. Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi there! the Trading session indicator self deletes and only reappears when I switch between timeframes. I added the indicator twice into the same chart. I use the same indicator twice in the same chart for different purposes. is there a way to stop the self-deleting and reappearing of the indicators and make them both permanent. It works excellently, except for this minor issue which makes it a bit annoying. Thanks!
The second instance should be added with a different indicator name (set via input parameters).

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
Thanks for creating this indicator!!
If I could ask for one addition that is totally personal preference but it could be useful to others as well.
Could you add the option to color the bars instead of the background? I've attached a screenshot of what it would look like.
I think it looks much cleaner on a chart. What do you think?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 4.08.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 4.08.44 PM.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 5

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for creating this indicator!!
If I could ask for one addition that is totally personal preference but it could be useful to others as well.
Could you add the option to color the bars instead of the background? I've attached a screenshot of what it would look like.
I think it looks much cleaner on a chart. What do you think?
That’s an interesting idea, but unfortunately, MT4 doesn’t allow normal candlestick display for indicators. It can be done in MT5 though.

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
That’s an interesting idea, but unfortunately, MT4 doesn’t allow normal candlestick display for indicators. It can be done in MT5 though.
Is this something that will be added to this indicator in the near future or maybe not?

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
I am not sure. I will see what I can do about it.
Ok thank you. Please keep me posted.

I've attached an indicator that can color the candles in MT4. It's based on the Kijun Sen but maybe it could help you.

Attachments

• Kijun_Candles_Two_Colors.mq4
    3.1 KB · Views: 6

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok thank you. Please keep me posted.

I've attached an indicator that can color the candles in MT4. It's based on the Kijun Sen but maybe it could help you.
I've coded candle indicators in MT4 myself (see MA Candlesticks for example) but they aren't as versatile as normal candlesticks. Try zooming in or out the chart with the indicator that you attached. It's also not possible make hollow candles that way.

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
I've coded candle indicators in MT4 myself (see MA Candlesticks for example) but they aren't as versatile as normal candlesticks. Try zooming in or out the chart with the indicator that you attached. It's also not possible make hollow candles that way.
I see. I've attached an indicator that auto sizes candles when zoomed in or out. Maybe it could help you.

Also, what do you mean by hollow candles?

Attachments

• Heiken_Ashi_AutoWidth.mq4
    3.9 KB · Views: 7

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I see. I've attached an indicator that auto sizes candles when zoomed in or out. Maybe it could help you.

Also, what do you mean by hollow candles?
Those are better, but they still look off because histogram rectangles cannot be properly centered.

By hollow candles, I mean something like this:
1682450279065.png

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
Those are better, but they still look off because histogram rectangles cannot be properly centered.

By hollow candles, I mean something like this:
View attachment 23922
You're right they do look a little bit off. Is that why you said it could only be done in MT5?

I see your point about hollow candles. Come to think of it, I've never seen a candle overlay type indicator center the wick correctly.

trade3925

Active Trader
Feb 23, 2018
@Enivid

Hey! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Can you provide me with a little progress update on how it's going?
Were you able to add the feature in?