Price Alert

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for the updates sir, I'll be sure to have a go at it, btw I'm unsure if I'm the only one facing this issue but sometimes the alerts only pop up when I'm at the selected forex pair, not when the condition is met, is there a potential issue with that ? I've tried restarting multiple times but it comes back after a period of time. My PC and MT5 runs 24/7 hence I draw the conclusion that the issue comes back after a certain period of time.
Do you mean that if you close the chart with the Price Alert Panel, the alert won't show up? Or what do you mean?

TheColorBlack

Dec 7, 2021
Do you mean that if you close the chart with the Price Alert Panel, the alert won't show up? Or what do you mean?
Lets say I have alert of AUDCAD, when I move to another forex pair, my AUDCAD alert doesn't ping when crossed, until I move back to the AUDCAD chart

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Lets say I have alert of AUDCAD, when I move to another forex pair, my AUDCAD alert doesn't ping when crossed, until I move back to the AUDCAD chart
But does AUDCAD chart remain open? Do you just switch to another chart subwindow or do you drag a new symbol to the same chart?

TheColorBlack

Dec 7, 2021
But does AUDCAD chart remain open? Do you just switch to another chart subwindow or do you drag a new symbol to the same chart?
I drag a new symbol onto the same chart, I don't manage subwindows, but is that the reason why ? Am I supposed to have subwindows to ensure the alert works ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I drag a new symbol onto the same chart, I don't manage subwindows, but is that the reason why ? Am I supposed to have subwindows to ensure the alert works ?
Yes, once you change the symbol on a chart, it removes all indicators from the previous symbol. Actually, it is more like the chart becomes a completely different one once you change the symbol and the previous chart is closed.

TheColorBlack

Dec 7, 2021
Yes, once you change the symbol on a chart, it removes all indicators from the previous symbol. Actually, it is more like the chart becomes a completely different one once you change the symbol and the previous chart is closed.
I'll start using a different subwindow from now on to see if it solves the issue. I've managed to get alerted when I was using 1 window and switching between pairs when I first started using this. Will report back if it works. Thanks for your time !

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
Hello,

I would like to know how to if it is possible to disable " draw labels" "app notifications" "email notifications" permanent.

When i do it on the chart with the next restart of mt4 they are on again.
When i tried to modify it with meta editor from true to false the indi does not work anymore somehow.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I would like to know how to if it is possible to disable " draw labels" "app notifications" "email notifications" permanent.

When i do it on the chart with the next restart of mt4 they are on again.
When i tried to modify it with meta editor from true to false the indi does not work anymore somehow.
Which version are you using? MT4 or MT5? Did you try setting the respective input parameters to false?

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
Which version are you using? MT4 or MT5? Did you try setting the respective input parameters to false?
I am using MT4.

Yes i did change the parameters to false with meta editor, but then the app does not work anymore somehow?

When compiling i did not see errors regarding the adjustement, but still it does not work...

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I am using MT4.

Yes i did change the parameters to false with meta editor, but then the app does not work anymore somehow?

When compiling i did not see errors regarding the adjustement, but still it does not work...
You don't need to change anything in the code. If you attach the panel and the input parameters are set to false, the checkboxes should be unchecked.
If this is not the case, try deleting all the files PA_xxxxxxxxxxxxx.TXT and Price Alertxxxxxxxxxxx.DAT from the Files folder of your MQL4. Please let me know if it helped.

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
You don't need to change anything in the code. If you attach the panel and the input parameters are set to false, the checkboxes should be unchecked.
If this is not the case, try deleting all the files PA_xxxxxxxxxxxxx.TXT and Price Alertxxxxxxxxxxx.DAT from the Files folder of your MQL4. Please let me know if it helped.
Well, i tried that several times now, but when i change the input parameters to false, the indi simply does not work anymore, so i have to add it to all my charts again.

And the Files Folder of MQ4 is empty....so there is nothing to delete

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Well, i tried that several times now, but when i change the input parameters to false, the indi simply does not work anymore, so i have to add it to all my charts again.

And the Files Folder of MQ4 is empty....so there is nothing to delete
That's very weird. It should definitely work with the inputs set to false and the folder shouldn't be empty. Did you try running it in a different instance of MT4?

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
That's very weird. It should definitely work with the inputs set to false and the folder shouldn't be empty. Did you try running it in a different instance of MT4?
Maybe i am doing something wrong?
I adjust the inputs in the "SaveSettingsChanges" section only. I assume this is correct right?

The folder is empty, i wish it was not, idk...

I did not use MT4 for a long time, i will try it another instance after the weekend.

Thanks for your time so far.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Maybe i am doing something wrong?
I adjust the inputs in the "SaveSettingsChanges" section only. I assume this is correct right?
Sorry, but you've lost me here. I have no idea what the SaveSettingsChanges section is.
The input parameters that I was talking about are the following:
price-alert-panel-inputs.png

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry, but you've lost me here. I have no idea what the SaveSettingsChanges section is.
The input parameters that I was talking about are the following:
View attachment 24472
The SaveSettingChanges section section is in the code(rule 458), that is where i changed the parameters from true to false.
I overcomplicated, via the input panel is way easier. Anyway, it's working now. Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
In the last days i used this indi quit extensively and although it's working fine, sometimes it just dissapears from some charts?
This also means there will be no alerts coming from these charts....

So the PLA label is still visible, but the indi is not present anymore, also when you look with right click >> indicators to see which are at the chart.

Could this be a bug somehow?
So, all this time you've been asking about a different indicator?
This thread is about https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-indicators/Price-Alert/
I'll move your question to a new thread now.

boa_conflictor

Master Trader
Aug 5, 2016