My brokers a fraud or it's no big deal

Robertpv1

Sep 18, 2018
I'm with td Ameratrade using the thinkorswim platform to trade forex. I've been into forex trading for 11 years now and have been with 5 or so US brokers. Not until recently have I payed much attention to the differences between a live account and a demo in regards to the thinkorswim platform.
I have noticed that there is a 1 pip difference between the live and demo on thinkerorswim.
The live account is one pip ahead of the demo account. So if the euro/usd hits 1.17 on the live account it will only hit 1.1699 on the demo. I've checked the major pairs and they all have a difference. I've checked back to 2010 and there is a 2 pip difference.
Learning to trade is very hard. I lost with FXCM before they were found to be frauds. I'm starting to think all these brokers that offer services to "the little fish" and beginners are stacking the deck one way or another.
Another US broker I was with didn't close the candle till a minute later then everyone else. A 5 minute candle didn't change until 6 minutes. Can't remember exactly who it is but the one I think it is are still in business.
I think a live and demo account should be the exact same. This is hard enough already. And realistically one pip makes a big difference considering it can make or break you. In this game, it's more then likely going to break you.

• 👍
Reactions: Csmit82

Robertpv1

Sep 18, 2018
I stand corrected with my insinuation that td Ameratrade is a fraud. After looking into the ask/bid as you suggested I found that they were different. I'm glad to see I was wrong because they have a great platform.