Moving Average Crossover with Alert

Dec 14, 2018
I downloaded this wonderful Moving Average Crossover with alert mt5, it was working fine but I discovered something annoying that I wished could be fixed sir.
Whenever I use negative value in the "MA Shift option" like [-1].
1. The alert won`t come up when it is supposed to do so.
2. It won`t show the Arrow Up/Down as the case maybe
3. Arrow Up/Down can be shown when I refresh the chart only.

Attachments

• MQLTA MT5 Moving Average Crossover Alert.ex5
    225.6 KB · Views: 26
  • MQLTA MT5 Moving Average Crossover Alert.mq5
    10.9 KB · Views: 30
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks so much so much sir for your quick response. I will download it and add it to chart soonest. Thanks once again.
Yeah, there was an array out of range error. Thanks for reporting! You can now re-download the indicator and try again. Make sure it says version 1.03.

Dec 14, 2018
Yeah, there was an array out of range error. Thanks for reporting! You can now re-download the indicator and try again. Make sure it says version 1.03.
It is still showing version 1.02, but I have attached it to observe the main point discussed earlier on.

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 14
Dec 14, 2018
If it says 1.02, there is no point. Download again and make sure you are opening and installing the newly downloaded files.
I have downloaded it again and installed appropriately. However, the problem of no pop up alert/arrow signal still persist when using negative value in the "MA Shift" option for either "fast moving average shift" or "slow moving average shift". It only shows when I refresh the chart.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have downloaded it again and installed appropriately. However, the problem of no pop up alert/arrow signal still persist when using negative value in the "MA Shift" option for either "fast moving average shift" or "slow moving average shift". It only shows when I refresh the chart.
That's strange, the arrows keep showing up normally even when I set negative shifts. Could you please save the input parameters into a .set file and attach it here, so I could try reproducing this error?

As for the popup alerts, they won't appear with negatively shifted MA's because the alert check can only be set either to the current candle or to the previous candle. If your negative shift is 2 or more, the cross will never be detected by the alert checking code.

Dec 14, 2018
That's strange, the arrows keep showing up normally even when I set negative shifts. Could you please save the input parameters into a .set file and attach it here, so I could try reproducing this error?

As for the popup alerts, they won't appear with negatively shifted MA's because the alert check can only be set either to the current candle or to the previous candle. If your negative shift is 2 or more, the cross will never be detected by the alert checking code.
Thank you sir, here attached the Moving Average crossover with alert and its SET file too

Attachments

• mqlta maca.set
    982 bytes · Views: 16
  • MQLTA MT5 Moving Average Crossover Alert.ex5
    225.6 KB · Views: 17
  • MQLTA MT5 Moving Average Crossover Alert.mq5
    10.9 KB · Views: 22

mrisakson

May 25, 2021
Dec 14, 2018
Can you tell me, I have looked at this indicator and have it installed. I am curious about the code 241 and 242 for the arrows. Not ascii, or html, where will I find information about those arrows? I would like them to be a different color and solid rather than an outline. Thanks for your time.
There is a chart for it, I have it. However, I do not know whether it is permitted to upload such thing in this forum. You need to ask the Admin for permission.

mrisakson

May 25, 2021
There is a chart for it, I have it. However, I do not know whether it is permitted to upload such thing in this forum. You need to ask the Admin for permission.
It is windings chart, I located it in the mt5 editor. The 241.242 can be changed to 233,234 for solid arrows. I found code that calls for red and green arrows but when I change the colors and tried to recompile I had 16 errors. I did not understand why, and they were in areas of code that I did not feel what I did should have caused those errors. But the arrows are better being solid for me.

mrisakson

May 25, 2021
Concerning that indicator, I wanting to change the arrows to solid and found in MetaEditor the windings chart to change them to solid by change 241 and 241 in the inputs to 233,234 I think in lines 15&16 are the colors for those indicators. I made a change to the colors and it did not recompile. I have attached the code and the errors perhaps you could tell me how to over come this. A portion of the error was about the 2 files in the include folder. They were installed in MT5 MQL5>Include and were still present in my downloads folder where I unzipped them.

Attachments

• Errors For crossover arrows.PNG
    Errors For crossover arrows.PNG
    316.2 KB · Views: 11
  • MQLTA MT5 Moving Average Crossover Alert modified.mq5
    11.2 KB · Views: 18

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Concerning that indicator, I wanting to change the arrows to solid and found in MetaEditor the windings chart to change them to solid by change 241 and 241 in the inputs to 233,234 I think in lines 15&16 are the colors for those indicators. I made a change to the colors and it did not recompile. I have attached the code and the errors perhaps you could tell me how to over come this. A portion of the error was about the 2 files in the include folder. They were installed in MT5 MQL5>Include and were still present in my downloads folder where I unzipped them.
Are you sure the two .mqh files are in the /MQL5/Include subfolder of the platform you are compiling the .mq5 in?

mrisakson

May 25, 2021
Are you sure the two .mqh files are in the /MQL5/Include subfolder of the platform you are compiling the .mq5 in?
Thank you , I checked again and they were not in the required include folder. I have changed to solid arrows by changing line 67 and 68 and changing arrow colors by changing lines 311 and 318 then recompiled without error. Thanks for the help.

genatv

Sep 28, 2021
I use this indicator with 1 hour charts. It works actually very well, but I'd like to get only a notification, if both moving average lines (fast & down) are crossed at the end of a session…
for example, I get a notification, if the lines are crossed at 17:30 (fast MA is crossing the slow MA). Then at 17:38 the lines are crossed again (slow MA is crossing the fast MA), and again at 17:44 I get a notification… this is annoying. The MA is only interesting for me, if both lines are crossed at 17:59, 18:59 and so on (end of an hour).
I tried to solve it by setting "Fast/Slow Moving Average Applied Price" to "Close" and also "Candle To Use For Analysis" to the "PREVIOUS CANDLE" (so I think I get at 18:00 a notification, when the next hour begins), but both doesn't solve it… what's the correct setting? Is there a setting at all?