Longing

Trader
Jul 7, 2018
You just set the Session input parameter to Intraday and tune the session times according to your needs and your broker's timezone:
Envid, have a question. So I skimmed over a post and you are a coder/Dev. Do you do freelance work? Thanks

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
@Enivid - Would it be possible to disable the time frame warning alert at all?

I tried to do it by setting only valid time frames for the indicator in the visualizations tab but the error still occurs.

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
You do not want it to show up on incorrect timeframes but you do not want it to alert about the wrong timeframe, right? I think, I could add this feature via input parameters.
Well, I wouldn't mind if it shows up on time-frames outside the recommended to be honest, disabling the indicator via visualizations on time-frames outside of the recommended was just my way of trying to disable the alert without having to ask for a change to fix it:)

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
You do not want it to show up on incorrect timeframes but you do not want it to alert about the wrong timeframe, right? I think, I could add this feature via input parameters.
Any update on whether this could be implemented? :)

Atti

Trader
Sep 1, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for the New Market Profile Indicator. However, it looks like there is a bug in it. On the M5 chart the Value Area and the POC is different than on M30 chart - the difference can be anything from 2-7 pips, depending on the chart. Or am I doing something wrong? I am using Mt4 platform.

Atti

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for the New Market Profile Indicator. However, it looks like there is a bug in it. On the M5 chart the Value Area and the POC is different than on M30 chart - the difference can be anything from 2-7 pips, depending on the chart. Or am I doing something wrong? I am using Mt4 platform.

No, you aren't doing anything wrong, and it isn't quite a bug either. This is just how my Market Profile indicator works - it uses the current timeframe bars/candles to produce the profile of a session. On M5, you will have more bars to gather details from than on M30, so there will be differences in the profile. Ideally, one would use tick history to produce the profile, but it isn't practical.

Atti

Trader
Sep 1, 2019
Yeah, I just wanted to let you know that it seems to me that the M5 chart MP is more accurate. Thanks.

Last edited: