How do you convert MT4 indicator to MT5?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,
I don't think there is a tool to convert a program from mt4 to mt5, you are obliged to find a developer to redo the development in MQL5 language.
There is no fully automatic tool, but it is possible to convert indicators from MT4 to MT5 using special libraries I've shared in this post. It doesn't require in-depth knowledge of MQL4/5 coding.

Reactions: Moneyman31

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
Hi All!

Can anyone please convert this mt4 indicator to mt5?
Thank you in advance! :)
An .ex4 file cannot be used to convert an indicator from MT4 to MT5. One needs a source file (.mq4) to do so. Furthermore, this indicator uses custom a DLL file, which could not only hinder any conversion process, but it may also contain malicious code.

Lakatos98

May 30, 2020
An .ex4 file cannot be used to convert an indicator from MT4 to MT5. One needs a source file (.mq4) to do so. Furthermore, this indicator uses custom a DLL file, which could not only hinder any conversion process, but it may also contain malicious code.

Thank you for your answer!
Here is the mq4 file. :)

Attachments

doyathink

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2013
There is no fully automatic tool, but it is possible to convert indicators from MT4 to MT5 using special libraries I've shared in this post. It doesn't require in-depth knowledge of MQL4/5 coding.
Thankyou for that! Could you please explain where to place all these files?
And after that do we just paste our MT4 mql files in the indicators folder, or is there more to do?
And do these go in MetaEditor or the MT5 platform?
I'm very new to MT5, so please forgive my ignorance...

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
Could you please explain where to place all these files?
You place them in /MQL5/Include/.
And after that do we just paste our MT4 mql files in the indicators folder, or is there more to do?
At the very least, you need to rename the file from .mq4 to .mq5 and include the libraries there using the #include directive. After you try compiling the new indicator there might be a list of errors to fix.
And do these go in MetaEditor or the MT5 platform?
What do you mean? MetaEditor is just a code editing software and a compiler.