Easy Trend Visualizer

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Enivid. I just saw that you updated indicator ( I thought you gave up). Sincerely thank you.
There are errors on two platforms by AVA and FXPro, Build 1065. Please see attached:
==================
';' - unexpected token EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 176 72
'FormatDateTimeDigit' - function can be declared only in the global scope EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 184 8
'FormatDateTimeDigit' - function already defined and has body EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 184 8
'PeriodToString' - function can be declared only in the global scope EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 190 8
'PeriodToString' - function already defined and has body EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 190 8
')' - unexpected end of program EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 214 1
======================
7 errors and 0 warnings

ETV-ERRORS-2017.png

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Enivid. I just saw that you updated indicator ( I thought you gave up).
//-----

hey ruma...... kinda doubt enivid is going to give up anytime soon...... he is probably just very busy......

add a ) on line 176 of the mt4 code ...... after PerStr ..... that should fix everything...... the mt5 version has that section commented out so it is ok......h

MQL4:
         Alert("ETV-PHLC " + DateTime + " " + Symbol() + " @ " + PerStr);

• 👍
Reactions: ruma29 and Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Enivid. I just saw that you updated indicator ( I thought you gave up). Sincerely thank you.
There are errors on two platforms by AVA and FXPro, Build 1065. Please see attached:
==================
'FormatDateTimeDigit' - function can be declared only in the global scope EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 184 8
'FormatDateTimeDigit' - function already defined and has body EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 184 8
'PeriodToString' - function can be declared only in the global scope EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 190 8
'PeriodToString' - function already defined and has body EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 190 8
')' - unexpected end of program EasyTrendVisualizer.mq4 214 1
======================
7 errors and 0 warnings

View attachment 8924
Thanks for letting me know! I have updated the source code now.

• 👍
Reactions: ruma29

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
//-----

hey ruma...... kinda doubt enivid is going to give up anytime soon...... he is probably just very busy......

add a ) on line 176 of the mt4 code ...... after PerStr ..... that should fix everything...... the mt5 version has that section commented out so it is ok......h

MQL4:
         Alert("ETV-PHLC " + DateTime + " " + Symbol() + " @ " + PerStr);

hayseed, thank you for help. Enivid fix it and posted it. What do you think about indicator? Do you use iit in your trading?

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Enivid
it gives alert also when first colored bar outside of HL cross the line see attached. I wonder if it is error or intentionally done? Please see attached.

Attachments

• 2017-09-17_2358-FALSE_PHLC_SIGNAL.png
    2017-09-17_2358-FALSE_PHLC_SIGNAL.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2017-12-29_0110-false_signal.png
    2017-12-29_0110-false_signal.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2018-01-04_2110-FALSE_PHLC_SIGNAL.png
    2018-01-04_2110-FALSE_PHLC_SIGNAL.png
    473.7 KB · Views: 20

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
no to remove, supposed to be alert when price bar cross line but alert also appear if next bar after line also cross line and that price bar is colored by ETV indicator as shown on a few pictures. I was wondering if that was done intentionally or by error so please check the code , I might be wrong. I actually like that bar outside line when imaginarily cross line give alert.
Please see attached.

Thank you

Attachments

• CURRENTLY PHLC ALERT.png
    CURRENTLY PHLC ALERT.png
    512.9 KB · Views: 17
  • POSSIBLE CROSSES.png
    POSSIBLE CROSSES.png
    533.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
  • 👍

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It only remembers the last line to generate alerts, not all the previously drawn lines. It is probably possible to make it remember all the lines and generate alerts on crosses of all those lines, but it would make the indicator quite slow and will result in a lot of alerts.

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
It only remembers the last line to generate alerts, not all the previously drawn lines. It is probably possible to make it remember all the lines and generate alerts on crosses of all those lines, but it would make the indicator quite slow and will result in a lot of alerts.

I never thought to be on entire chart and remember all of them. one alert at the time(like it is doing for PHLC alert) as shown on previous pictures. if that is only way that you can code it then limit number of crossed horizontal lines (to remember or calculate) for that new alert to 5-10....like you did in WRB indicator (number of calculated bars,user choice) or in market profile where it draw 5 profiles ( user choice) so it is not all profiles on entire chart...in bettervolumecharts indicator number of calculated bars is 5000, for example , user choice..not entire chart unless user wants by setting 0.
maximum 3 crosses per HL (user choice). need visual mark of cross(small dot, cross, star..) because many alerts in alert window can destruct and lead to missing cross(alert) and then user have to look again on chart for cross like alert never existed...number of visual alerts(user choice) is same as specified for number of crosses...current PHLC alert has to stay as is.
Current PHLC also cross several times HL , practically unlimited times meaning as long as HL last...this new alert is just happening outside HL, number of crosses of sam HL to be limited to max 3 crosses. So what do you think? Sorry for this long post.

Attachments

• EURUSDH2-NEW PHLC EXAMPLE.png
    EURUSDH2-NEW PHLC EXAMPLE.png
    522.8 KB · Views: 13
  • EURUSDH2-NEW PHLC EXAMPLE-2.png
    EURUSDH2-NEW PHLC EXAMPLE-2.png
    509.8 KB · Views: 13

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yeah, that would be possible, but will require quite a considerable revision of the current code used for the previous line alert generation.

Also, it will generate quite a few alerts. See, for example, the attached chart where I modified your screenshot to show where else the "imaginary line cross" alerts would be generated.
EURUSDH2-NEW PHLC EXAMPLE.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Easy Trend Visualizer has been updated to version 1.08. It can now accommodate alerts for any number of previous horizontal lines and also allows to ignore lines of certain length - useful if you do not want to be bothered with less significant support/resistance areas. MT5 version should also run much faster now.

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Easy Trend Visualizer has been updated to version 1.08. It can now accommodate alerts for any number of previous horizontal lines and also allows to ignore lines of certain length - useful if you do not want to be bothered with less significant support/resistance areas. MT5 version should also run much faster now.

Thank you. It is not exactly what we talked about(need to check more)...in addition at glance there are some errors. For MT5 same errors as for MT4 just alert window for MT5 is worse then for MT4(you copied alert from MT4 into MT5 so there is repeated info unnecessary. PHLC for cross with other HL then current (chocolate arrow) has to have different ID. how do you turn on/off that chocolate arrow and accordingly alert? is it by setting 0 for previous number of HL? please see attached.2018-07-14_0638-ETV-ERR-2.png AUDJPYWeekly-ERR-1.png

Last edited:
  • 👍