Easy Trend Visualizer

M

mjackson

False alert

As I mentioned in post #41 on picture is shown when and for what is needed alert. Here is what is happening (MT5):

Horizontal Line:
On this attached picture I marked some bars: During creation bar 1 I got alert message that Horizontal Line was created...basically between bar 0 and bar 1. On chart itself there is no graphic presentation of that HL...When bar 1 was closed and started bar 2 HL was created (between bar 1 and bar 2) but no alert.

Similar to it Alert for HL was between 3 and 4 but no actual HL...and between 4 and 5 no HL (probably no conditions to create line) instead arrow was created on bar 5 (and alert was given for arrow, which is OK).

Basically Every time alert for HL is given ahead, one step too early or one step too late...I don't know...

Arrow:
Similar to this is for arrows....Had alert for arrow and during creation of the bar arrow disappeared...Alert was given but on the end of bar creation arrow disappeared...This happened sometimes, when condition to create arrow disappear during creation of the bar...Sometimes conditions stay and arrow is there after bar creation, which is good.

MT4: I assume that alerts were created on same logic as for MT5.

I also realized that there is no repetition of signals as before...Thank you.

Attachments

• NZDCHF-H1-HL_ALERT.gif
    NZDCHF-H1-HL_ALERT.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 42
M

mjackson

Yes, I did.

Well I checked and MT4 is giving false signals...Kindly check the code for alert for MT4 to be as on MT5( which is good now)....On MT4 latest change that I have is added time frame...there is no written what is current version on MT4 version of indicator so it is not easy to track and match versions of MT5 and MT4...Thank you again for your time.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Do you mean false alerts for the horizontal line? MT4 should also work without false alerts. Please download the files again. Make sure that the line 138 of the code is exactly this:
MQL4:
if ((Ex[1] != EMPTY_VALUE) && (Ex[1] != was_alert_hl) && (Ex[1] != Ex[2]))

Last edited:

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Hi there
I like indicator. I would ask for some modifications on indicator actually to add some alerts and lines I think important.
1. currently horizontal line is not selectable so it cannot be copied and as such visible in other time frames: if I want to copy one or more specific horizontal lines
(ETV-HL) from H4, D1, meaning higher time frame and have them in smaller time frame,( just to pick) and indicator would create copy line; to delete : just select duplicated trend line and delete.
I understand that visible ETV-HL is actually chain of several small lines between bars so have no idea how o resolve it.

2.again about higher time frame, please see attached pictures: I would like to have alert (true/false) when price cross line and tell me in which TF.
some lines in higher time frame are important like memory so later on price might come to that level and i would like to know that by alert also. Since original ETV-HL is short then intersection would be with imaginary HL trend line or have option to draw extended trend line for specific ETV HL.

I hope you can help with this or something of it. Thank you.
EURUSDH8-1.png EURUSDH8-2.png

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
OK. I see no modification.

indicator doesn't work on alpari. on MT4 of other brokers works, same update 1010. it shows error :unexpected token in lines 161-165, total 7 errors 1 warning.
can you help on this please?

string FormatDateTimeDigit(int input)
{
if (input < 10) return("0" + input);
else return(input);
}

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
It compiles well in Alpari MT4 (Build 1010). Please check if you have modified it somehow. Alternatively, just copy the original code file over.

It works, replaced code. Thank you.

Would you consider to make any of suggested changes?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. currently horizontal line is not selectable so it cannot be copied and as such visible in other time frames: if I want to copy one or more specific horizontal lines
(ETV-HL) from H4, D1, meaning higher time frame and have them in smaller time frame,( just to pick) and indicator would create copy line; to delete : just select duplicated trend line and delete.
I understand that visible ETV-HL is actually chain of several small lines between bars so have no idea how o resolve it.

The lines cannot be selected because they are not horizontal line objects but indicator's output - like a moving average line is the output of the moving average indicator.
2.again about higher time frame, please see attached pictures: I would like to have alert (true/false) when price cross line and tell me in which TF.
some lines in higher time frame are important like memory so later on price might come to that level and i would like to know that by alert also. Since original ETV-HL is short then intersection would be with imaginary HL trend line or have option to draw extended trend line for specific ETV HL.

This is probably better solved by adding more charts with ETV at the timeframes you need and setting up alerts for them.

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
The lines cannot be selected because they are not horizontal line objects but indicator's output - like a moving average line is the output of the moving average indicator.

This is probably better solved by adding more charts with ETV at the time frames you need and setting up alerts for them.

1. understand. idea is to copy ETV-HL from Higher time frame in lower time frame having it for reference for trading opportunity.

meaning : when I get copy of ETV-HL in HTF then I would change TF to lower and look for trading opportunity.

2 same idea: when price cross ETV-HL in HTF then I would go to smaller time frame to look for trading opportunity.
Now: if ETV-HL is indicator's output same like MA then how is possible to have alert when price cross MA and not in this case?
Thank you for your time.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. understand. idea is to copy ETV-HL from Higher time frame in lower time frame having it for reference for trading opportunity.

meaning : when I get copy of ETV-HL in HTF then I would change TF to lower and look for trading opportunity.
I understand what you mean. The problem is that it is not possible without a complete rewrite of the indicator either to work with the graphical objects or to works a multi-timeframe indicator. I have no interest in doing either of this.

2 same idea: when price cross ETV-HL in HTF then I would go to smaller time frame to look for trading opportunity.
As I have said, you can use two charts in this case. For example, you can use D1 chart with the indicator and alerts set up. And, in addition, an M5 chart for trading.
Now: if ETV-HL is indicator's output same like MA then how is possible to have alert when price cross MA and not in this case?
Who said that it is not possible to have an alert in ETV? Just set UseAlertHorizontalLine to true.

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
I understand what you mean. The problem is that it is not possible without a complete rewrite of the indicator either to work with the graphical objects or to works a multi-timeframe indicator. I have no interest in doing either of this.

As I have said, you can use two charts in this case. For example, you can use D1 chart with the indicator and alerts set up. And, in addition, an M5 chart for trading.

Who said that it is not possible to have an alert in ETV? Just set UseAlertHorizontalLine to true.

I have multiple charts with different time frame with alerts (true) when ETV-HL created but it is not same . I am asking to have alert when price cross ETV-HL.

Price Cross ETV_HL means: price cross and close above or bellow ETV-HL. In post #51 I attached 2 pictures showing what is cross. So when that happen to have alert. I cannot simultaneously look with eyes all of these charts USDCAD(M5, H4, D1) and USDJPY(M5, H4, D1) and EURUSD(M5, H4, D1)...etc but i can notice with alert pop-up window when price crossed ETV-HL (time frame, currency pair) then go there and look and see if there is any interest for that at that time.

I hope I explained myself it terms of these alert. Again , thank you for your time and hope you will create that alert.

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
one more clarification : I am asking to have alert when price bar( candle) cross ETV-HL and close above or bellow ETV-HL opposit of open which is that open of price bar and close of price bar would be on opposite side of ETV-HL.
Now description of this alert is complete.

Thank you

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016

History of this indicator shows that you created indicator...for me to learn MT5 coding and MT4 codding in order to put alert and you can do that in no time.
Really?

time spent with me in correspondence you could use to code a few lines and done...I have no clue about codding , never coded anything even in MSExcel...
you are codding for years and asking me to do that is bad joke....

What can I do to make you change your mind and code it? Please? 10exp10 x please?