Chart Pattern Helper

zekerya

Trader
Jan 1, 2021
I get this error:
2021.01.04 17:29:18.429 ChartPatternHelper XAUUSD,M1: Skipping Send Pending Sell because stop-loss is too close to entry. StopLevel = 0.00 Entry = 1941.52 SL = -0.81

It seems doesn't recognize trend lines correctly.
Also many times Stop loss is not correct.
I made some edit to add trend lines at startup .
Chart Pattern Helper was updated to version 1.04 to fine tune some calculation improvements introduced in version 1.03.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I get this error:
2021.01.04 17:29:18.429 ChartPatternHelper XAUUSD,M1: Skipping Send Pending Sell because stop-loss is too close to entry. StopLevel = 0.00 Entry = 1941.52 SL = -0.81

It seems doesn't recognize trend lines correctly.
Also many times Stop loss is not correct.
I made some edit to add trend lines at startup .
It's difficult to help you with this without having your chart setup. Please attach the chart template that you have used with the EA.
I also need to know whether it is MT4 or MT5.

• 👍
Reactions: zekerya

zekerya

Trader
Jan 1, 2021
It's difficult to help you with this without having your chart setup. Please attach the chart template that you have used with the EA.
I also need to know whether it is MT4 or MT5.
XAUUSDM5.pngAlpari MT4.pngAlpari MT4 2.png

I use MT4 ,Sometimes Entrys or Borders get negative values so there will be no orders.
StopLoss never is on trendline.
i'm new on MQL but I added some code to your EA to draw trends auto.
MQL4:
int init()

{

ObjectCreate(UpperEntryLine, OBJ_TREND, 0, Time[60], (High[0])*99.8/100, Time[0], (High[0])*99.8/100);
ObjectSet(UpperEntryLine, OBJPROP_COLOR,clrTurquoise);
ObjectSet(UpperEntryLine,OBJPROP_STYLE,2);
ObjectSetText(UpperEntryLine, "Buy Entry", 12, "Arial", clrTurquoise);
//.......rest of code
}
Thanks Zack

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@zekerya I mean chart template, not screenshot (right-click the chart, Template->Save Template).

Also, do you realize that ChartPatternHelper EA cannot trade based on the lines you've drawn as shown on those screenshots? It can only trade breakouts. For stop-loss, it will try to find the breakout candle's opposite end within the borders.

zekerya

Trader
Jan 1, 2021
@Eneivid , Would you add this option to it?like a trendline trader EA? It would be great
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ChartPatternHelper.tpl
    3.7 KB · Views: 5

vuductuan222

Mar 24, 2022
hi Admin. I draw horizontal lines. how to name object of horizontal line in input parameter ? thanks alot.

Attachments

• chartpatternhelper.png
    chartpatternhelper.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 6

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi Admin. I draw horizontal lines. how to name object of horizontal line in input parameter ? thanks alot.
The Chart Pattern Helper is a wrong tool for what you need. If you want to be able to put pending orders at some line level, the Position Size Calculator with its PSC-Trader script would work better for that.

The Chart Pattern Helper is good for trading based on patterns, where there is a breakout, a stop-loss based on the pattern's structure, etc.

vuductuan222

Mar 24, 2022
The Chart Pattern Helper is a wrong tool for what you need. If you want to be able to put pending orders at some line level, the Position Size Calculator with its PSC-Trader script would work better for that.

The Chart Pattern Helper is good for trading based on patterns, where there is a breakout, a stop-loss based on the pattern's structure, etc.
thank you very much for your recommendation. I do not know how to add object name in input parameter. can you tell me how to add object name of HORIZONTAL LINE, TRENDLINE ?

Attachments

• chart1.png
    chart1.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
thank you very much for your recommendation. I do not know how to add object name in input parameter. can you tell me how to add object name of HORIZONTAL LINE, TRENDLINE ?
To change the object's name, you first have to select it. You can do it by double-clicking it. Then you right-click it and select "<Object type> properties". There, in the Common tab, you can change its name.

vuductuan222

Mar 24, 2022
To change the object's name, you first have to select it. You can do it by double-clicking it. Then you right-click it and select "<Object type> properties". There, in the Common tab, you can change its nt

To change the object's name, you first have to select it. You can do it by double-clicking it. Then you right-click it and select "<Object type> properties". There, in the Common tab, you can change its name.
Thank you very much for your guide. this EA is great.