Chart Pattern Helper

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
So the sell order using SL, LowerBorder and LowerTP worked perfectly. But the buy order using SL, UpperBorder, and UpperTP still does not work: instead of creating a buy order it created a sell order, and instead of creating one order it created two, and it also did not apply the stop loss or target profit.
Yes, it looks like there was still a problem with buy orders. Please try the attached version and let me know if the issue has been fixed.

Attachments

• ChartPatternHelper.ex4
    109.4 KB · Views: 2

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
Yes, it looks like there was still a problem with buy orders. Please try the attached version and let me know if the issue has been fixed.
Thanks so now it’s creating the buy orders properly but there’s something wrong with the stop loss. It’s not appearing on the screen, I think it’s leaving it at the entry.

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
What do you mean? Could you please show some screenshots?
So if you look at the bottom order I got stopped out at the same price of my entry, so it didn’t place the stop loss where it should have been. And if you look at the chart it doesn’t show the dashed red line for the stop loss where it should have been.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
So if you look at the bottom order I got stopped out at the same price of my entry, so it didn’t place the stop loss where it should have been. And if you look at the chart it doesn’t show the dashed red line for the stop loss where it should have been.
It would really help to see the output in the Experts tab when this happened.

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
It would really help to see the output in the Experts tab when this happened.
Sorry, Enivid you’re right, the expert advisor works fine now thank you so much for your help. This expert advisor is very integral to my system. I had an EA on a separate tab that moved my stop to break-even that I forgot about and I wasn’t at home. But thanks again for everything. I’ll show you a screenshot to confirm the buy order was inputted and then modified correctly. Thanks again! You guys are the best!

Attachments

• IMG_0169.png
    IMG_0169.png
    503.8 KB · Views: 4
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry, Enivid you’re right, the expert advisor works fine now thank you so much for your help. This expert advisor is very integral to my system. I had an EA on a separate tab that moved my stop to break-even that I forgot about and I wasn’t at home. But thanks again for everything. I’ll show you a screenshot to confirm the buy order was inputted and then modified correctly. Thanks again! You guys are the best!
I'm glad to hear that! Thank you for reporting these bugs!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Mikis

Trader
May 20, 2023
I think it would really help you to read the EA's description here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/ChartPatternHelper/

It only trades based on the chart patterns that you draw on the chart. It can only trade specifically drawn chart patterns - with border objects, entry lines, and TP lines.
I read it, I don't understand where should I get the diagrams? Do you mean draw by hand? Can you record a video on how to work with this expert? I will be very grateful.

Mikis

Trader
May 20, 2023
Yes, you draw them by hand. I'll try to make a demonstration video later today.
I can't understand at all. Suppose I draw a line of support and a line of resistance, how does an expert understand what I have in mind when I drew these lines? Yes, please make a video.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I can't understand at all. Suppose I draw a line of support and a line of resistance, how does an expert understand what I have in mind when I drew these lines? Yes, please make a video.
Drawing just a support and resistance lines won't be enough. If you really read, you would see how the EA is meant to understand that.

linux_usr

Oct 20, 2023
hi, excellent EA. Very impressive . Be playing with it hard. Works great. One question. what if i wanted a buy at the bottom of the channel and a sell at the top, dont want to trade breakout. So bottom entry is a buy Limit and upper entry is a a Sell Limit. Not a buy stop on upper and a sell stop on lower. i know i could create the upper buy stop and push it down but i would have to wait for price action to get close to lower entry. which means it needs watching. thanx
Post automatically merged:

hi, excellent EA. Very impressive . Be playing with it hard. Works great. One question. what if i wanted a buy at the bottom of the channel and a sell at the top, dont want to trade breakout. So bottom entry is a buy Limit and upper entry is a a Sell Limit. Not a buy stop on upper and a sell stop on lower. i know i could create the upper buy stop and push it down but i would have to wait for price action to get close to lower entry. which means it needs watching. basically i want to switch from stop orders to limit orders. thanx

linux_usr

Oct 20, 2023
ive had a look at the code and it says. if price is above the entry it will produce a buy limit not a stop. i cannot get any limit order no matter what i do. there all stop orders

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi, excellent EA. Very impressive . Be playing with it hard. Works great. One question. what if i wanted a buy at the bottom of the channel and a sell at the top, dont want to trade breakout. So bottom entry is a buy Limit and upper entry is a a Sell Limit. Not a buy stop on upper and a sell stop on lower. i know i could create the upper buy stop and push it down but i would have to wait for price action to get close to lower entry. which means it needs watching. thanx
Post automatically merged:
No, it cannot do that. You would need to considerably change the code for that.