Chart Pattern Helper

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
Chart Pattern Helper updated to version 1.10 for a new type of trades ("close above/below trendline") and some other changes.
I’m having some trouble with this feature. Can you please elaborate on how I can get it to work properly? I don’t think the buy signals work with this feature. When I put Lower Border, SL, and Lower TP nothing happens

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I’m having some trouble with this feature. Can you please elaborate on how I can get it to work properly? I don’t think the buy signals work with this feature. When I put Lower Border, SL, and Lower TP nothing happens
If you are setting up a buy entry, you need an UpperBorder, UpperTP, and SL line objects. Make sure you also turn the input parameter on (true) and that the EA's commentary (in the top-left corner of the chart) says that everything is OK with the upper entry setup.

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
If you are setting up a buy entry, you need an UpperBorder, UpperTP, and SL line objects. Make sure you also turn the input parameter on (true) and that the EA's commentary (in the top-left corner of the chart) says that everything is OK with the upper entry setup.
Thanks. When I do UpperBorder, UpperTP, and SL it always creates a sell order instead and when I do LowerBorder, LowerTP, and SL it doesn’t do anything it doesn’t create any order. And the input parameter on open trade on close above/below trend line is set to true. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong everything in the EA’s commentary looks fine as well.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks. When I do UpperBorder, UpperTP, and SL it always creates a sell order instead and when I do LowerBorder, LowerTP, and SL it doesn’t do anything it doesn’t create any order. And the input parameter on open trade on close above/below trend line is set to true. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong everything in the EA’s commentary looks fine as well.
It would help to see some screenshots because I don't understand what's happening.

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
It would help to see some screenshots because I don't understand what's happening.
I did everything correctly. Yellow line was UpperTP, blue line was UpperBorder and green line was SL and instead of waiting for candle to close above the blue line to create a buy order it created a sell order instead automatically as soon as initiated the expert advisor. Please let me know if I’m doing something wrong but I think it might be a bug?

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    561.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 9

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I did everything correctly. Yellow line was UpperTP, blue line was UpperBorder and green line was SL and instead of waiting for candle to close above the blue line to create a buy order it created a sell order instead automatically as soon as initiated the expert advisor. Please let me know if I’m doing something wrong but I think it might be a bug?
It says "Upper border not found.", which means that it couldn't find the upper border. You need to make sure that the line is named the same as the value in the respective setting of the CPH EA.

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
It says "Upper border not found.", which means that it couldn't find the upper border. You need to make sure that the line is named the same as the value in the respective setting of the CPH EA.
It only says “Upper border not found” because it already executed the order. When it executes the order it changed the name of the UpperBorder so it doesn’t execute again but I had it correct. There’s definitely something wrong with the code I would say, download it again try it yourself and you will see.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It only says “Upper border not found” because it already executed the order. When it executes the order it changed the name of the UpperBorder so it doesn’t execute again but I had it correct. There’s definitely something wrong with the code I would say, download it again try it yourself and you will see.
I am actually using this EA for my trades since a long time. There can be something wrong in the code, but to find that out, I would need to reproduce the situation as best as possible. And to do that, I would need to see how you set it up. Are you using horizontal lines as border lines? If so, that might be the problem as it is meant to work with closes above/below trendlines. I'll look into this.

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
I am actually using this EA for my trades since a long time. There can be something wrong in the code, but to find that out, I would need to reproduce the situation as best as possible. And to do that, I would need to see how you set it up. Are you using horizontal lines as border lines? If so, that might be the problem as it is meant to work with closes above/below trendlines. I'll look into this.
In the example I gave you I was using horizontal lines as border lines but I have also tried with trend lines and that doesn’t work properly either. The other functions of the EA all work perfectly even with using horizontal lines as Entry or Border or etc., it’s only the close above/below that seems to have an issue. Maybe the version of the software you have works fine but the newest one’s available to download may have a bug. Let me know what you find?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
In the example I gave you I was using horizontal lines as border lines but I have also tried with trend lines and that doesn’t work properly either. The other functions of the EA all work perfectly even with using horizontal lines as Entry or Border or etc., it’s only the close above/below that seems to have an issue. Maybe the version of the software you have works fine but the newest one’s available to download may have a bug. Let me know what you find?
Please try the attached one. Let me know if it helped.

Attachments

• ChartPatternHelper.ex4
    108.9 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

RuudAwakening

Trader
May 16, 2023
Please try the attached one. Let me know if it helped.
So the sell order using SL, LowerBorder and LowerTP worked perfectly. But the buy order using SL, UpperBorder, and UpperTP still does not work: instead of creating a buy order it created a sell order, and instead of creating one order it created two, and it also did not apply the stop loss or target profit.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg