Basing Candlesticks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
As basing candles indicate a period of indecision they can be used for breakout trading, trend reversal spotting, and exiting trades. However, it is a weak indicator - it shouldn't be used as the sole signal for entering or exiting positions.

Apr 17, 2020
Hi!

First of all, thanks for sharing this indicator!

The question i have is the following:
Is it possible in mql4 to send alerts for the basing candle only, if a basing candle is formed in a definded rectangle?

For example:
I draw a red rectangle as my trading zone where i want to look for entry signals. And i only want alerts of the forming of a basing candle in this zone.
Especially, is mql4 able to differentiate if rectangle is red or green?

I don't know if it's hard to code or if you have the time to code this, but of course i will pay for your work.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
Currently, the Basing Candlesticks indicator cannot do that. But this can definitely be coded. However, if you expect me to do this, consider the waiting time of about 6-12 months. You may be better off hiring someone to do that modification for you.

Apr 17, 2020
Currently, the Basing Candlesticks indicator cannot do that. But this can definitely be coded. However, if you expect me to do this, consider the waiting time of about 6-12 months. You may be better off hiring someone to do that modification for you.
Many thanks for your prompt reply ✌

I will look if I can find someone.

pkartaaa85

Trader
Oct 11, 2020
I tried but star should be above the candle high and need different color for up and down candle ...can you guide me

Attachments

• MCandle.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
The arrow position is in the O[] buffer. Change O[i] = Open[i]; to O[i] = High[i] + <some number of pips>; and it will move to above the candle. For different colors, you either use two separate indicator buffers and plots or you rewrite it from DRAW_ARROW to DRAW_COLOR_ARROW and use a color buffer.

Reactions: pkartaaa85

pkartaaa85

Trader
Oct 11, 2020
The arrow position is in the O[] buffer. Change O[i] = Open[i]; to O[i] = High[i] + <some number of pips>; and it will move to above the candle. For different colors, you either use two separate indicator buffers and plots or you rewrite it from DRAW_ARROW to DRAW_COLOR_ARROW and use a color buffer.
Thanks will try and come back..