hinde.usr

Trader
Dec 15, 2022
8000 Belgium
Hi, first of all thanks for this great piece of software.

I would like to ask if it would be possible to include the following in the ea:
When the timer gets triggered it automatically gets turned off after the trigger.
Would it be possible to add: "DoNotDisableTimer" so the timer doesn't get disabled after it gets triggered.
Or could you tell me where I can force the timer to always be on in the code of the EA. Thanks in advance!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, first of all thanks for this great piece of software.

I would like to ask if it would be possible to include the following in the ea:
When the timer gets triggered it automatically gets turned off after the trigger.
Would it be possible to add: "DoNotDisableTimer" so the timer doesn't get disabled after it gets triggered.
Yes, this has been already suggested before and will be implemented in the next version of the Account Protector.

• 👍
Reactions: hinde.usr

ATXRanger

Trader
Dec 18, 2022
Texas
I'm taking a challenge with a prop firm, and I'd like to close all losing positions whenever the daily equity reaches -3.75%. There are quite a few options with the expert. Do any of you have any suggestions for the settings I should use? I basically want to close all losing positions whenever my equity falls by at least 3.75% every day with all currency pairs. Any help would be much appreciated

hinde.usr

Trader
Dec 15, 2022
8000 Belgium
I'm taking a challenge with a prop firm, and I'd like to close all losing positions whenever the daily equity reaches -3.75%. There are quite a few options with the expert. Do any of you have any suggestions for the settings I should use? I basically want to close all losing positions whenever my equity falls by at least 3.75% every day with all currency pairs. Any help would be much appreciated
Condition:
- [Equity <= snapshot] set to (96.25) => sets max 3,75% drawdown of equity
Actions:
- [Close (100%) of (Losing) positions volume] => closes all losing positions
- [Disable auto trading] => disables auto trading further
- [Recapture snapshots] => recaptures the snapshots of your equity
- [Send push notification] => sends you a notification

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'd suggest setting the DisableDailyProfitLossPercLE input parameter to false and then setting the "Daily profit/loss <= %" condition to -3.75. In the Actions tab, tick "Close 100% of Losing Positions".

hinde.usr

Trader
Dec 15, 2022
8000 Belgium
Yes, this has been already suggested before and will be implemented in the next version of the Account Protector.
Hi Enivid, would you consider making the equity snapshot a global value. This so the different instances of the Account Protector I have open can share this value with each other. Meaning if one AP instances gets triggered to recapture the Equity snapshot, the other instances get the same updated snapshot.

Thanks in advance!

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, would you consider making the equity snapshot a global value. This so the different instances of the Account Protector I have open can share this value with each other. Meaning if one AP instances gets triggered to recapture the Equity snapshot, the other instances get the same updated snapshot.
I will consider implementing it.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.09 of the Account Protector is now available for download. It adds some features and fixes some bugs:
  • Breakeven distance can now be set in currency in addition to points. (@Marcoslav)
  • Equity and margin snapshots can now be made global. (@hinde.usr)
  • Timer can now be made persistent. (@jaypebe74)
  • 'Close all other charts' action.
  • Faster closing of open trades when no filters are selected. (Suggested via email)
  • Fixed a zero divide issue. (@Jame Romeo)
  • Fixed margin level triggering when no trades were open. (@Artattack and a GitHub issue)
  • Fixed a bug with the panel's failure to remember the current tab.
  • Fixed a non-critical error with ArraySort() calls.
  • Added a clarification that the daily % profit/loss conditions are based on the account balance.
Please download, test, and report any bugs you find. Thanks!

chrissezhi

Trader
Jan 19, 2023
Hi there - I am trying to figure out best settings. I wish to close all trades of balance raises 1% and close all positions if loss of $225.00 or any settings that you guys know best for prop firms.

chrissezhi

Trader
Jan 19, 2023
If by 'balance rises 1%' you mean 'floating profit rises to 1% of balance', then both of your settings are easy to set via the similarly titled conditions.

Thank you - so I am still trying to figure out - for example, if I wanted to close all trades at 25.00 profit or 100.00 loss, is this correct?
Post automatically merged:

If by 'balance rises 1%' you mean 'floating profit rises to 1% of balance', then both of your settings are easy to set via the similarly titled conditions.

Thank you - so I am still trying to figure out - for example, if I wanted to close all trades at 25.00 profit or 100.00 loss, is this correct?

Attachments

• 2023-01-19 14_58_08-2023-01-19 14_56_01-110922013.png ‎- Photos.png
    2023-01-19 14_58_08-2023-01-19 14_56_01-110922013.png ‎- Photos.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 6

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Post automatically merged:

You set the 25.00 profit condition correctly, but the 100.00 loss one should be set via 'Floating loss rises to currency units'.

Ssantos

Trader
Feb 2, 2023
Hi Enivid.

I don't know if this is the intended behavior, but in my opinion this is a bug.
Let me try to explain the scenario.

1- I open the EA, no options are selected.
2- The I have chosen the first three option in the actions tab
a) Close 100%
b) Delete all pending orders
c) Disable autotrading

3- Then I have open four orders. Because of the spread they were all negative around -100 USD.
4- Then I have Condition tab I have chosen "Floating point rises to currency units:"
and I have not changed the value from 0 to any other value.

Then in the same moment the EA has closed all the four orders.
In the MT4 experts tab the following message appeared;
Account Protector AUDCAD M1: CONDITIONS IS MET: Floating loss rose to 0.00 USD

In my opinion
the following condition should be added (in the file Account Protector.mqh function CAccountProtector::CheckAllConditions()):

// Floating loss rose to <Actual number> <currency ISO code>.
if ((!DisableFloatLossRiseCurr) &&
(sets.doubleLossQuanUnits != 0) && // This additional validation should be done , exclude the case when it is zero
(floating_profit <= -sets.doubleLossQuanUnits))

Besides this situation all the others variables fields in the Conditions should be changed to include this new condition. To only consider it when the respective value is not zero.

BTW other questions:
1- The send email is not working, there is not place to add the destination email address. Why ?
2- I would be nice if there was an option to save the configurations the user prefers.
Because every time I want to use it all the options I have selected before disappeared, specially when I have selected the "Disable autotrading" option
and I press the Auto Trading button back to on.
3- I don't know if it makes sense, but it could be useful and option to trigger the EA only when the user wants, that is the user setups all the
EA options and only when he wants the EA will kickoff and execute the actions according to the configurations. Otherwise the EA triggers immediatly
just before you have finished all the setup steps, especially if you don't have left the conditions setup as the last step.

I hope you understand my points.
Best Regards
SSantos

teikee

Feb 5, 2023
Possible to add a condition if the margin used more than a certain percentage or value then disable autotrading?

UglyAndBroke

Trader
Feb 5, 2023
Hi Enivid,
Great work, much appreciated.
I'm changing from another protector to here because of the massive options......and the other was too slow to save my account.

There are 2 Ideas I want to share with you to consider in future releases.
1. reset the snapshot at a given Time. Let's say 1:00 GTM2.
2. If it's makeable, the (peak) highest equity level. That's where a lot of Founding companies calculate their Loss limit from.

That's all

I start right now with 3 Demo accounts and do some testing,

nice week for everybody

Johannes

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Possible to add a condition if the margin used more than a certain percentage or value then disable autotrading?
You can only simulate that via Free Margin conditions.
1. reset the snapshot at a given Time. Let's say 1:00 GTM2.
This can be done using the timer. But you would need to use a separate instance of the AP for that, setting GlobalSnapshots input parameter to true on both of the instances.
2. If it's makeable, the (peak) highest equity level. That's where a lot of Founding companies calculate their Loss limit from.
Not sure about this one. Is it historic highest? For the account's lifetime? Or is there some other way to determine it?

UglyAndBroke

Trader
Feb 5, 2023
You can only simulate that via Free Margin conditions.

This can be done using the timer. But you would need to use a separate instance of the AP for that, setting GlobalSnapshots input parameter to true on both of the instances.

Not sure about this one. Is it historic highest? For the account's lifetime? Or is there some other way to determine it?
Uff ....I have to read me in that again, but short question. Fighting with that right now.

When the daily loss or profit are met, close all trades and switch auto trading of.
OK, does that switch after midnight on again for the next day,
How to do best ?
Let's say I want 4.5% Daily Max loss and 1% daily profit on Equity to Stop trading and restart after midnight.

There too much option, could need a helping hand

thanks

Johannes

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When the daily loss or profit are met, close all trades and switch auto trading of.
OK, does that switch after midnight on again for the next day,
How to do best ?
Let's say I want 4.5% Daily Max loss and 1% daily profit on Equity to Stop trading and restart after midnight.
You'd need a second AP with a Timer set up to to turn auto-trading back on at midnight.

Ssantos

Trader
Feb 2, 2023
Hi Enivid.
I would be very thankful if you could answer to my message, posted last Thursday.

Thanks
SSantos