jaypebe74

Jul 13, 2022
ignore my previous comment, I realize that Time Line close is also yours.... (o:) ... In some way it faces that same problem. I prefer an option that repeats itself, rather then re-doing setting a schedule per terminal and maintaining it. Ideally, the schedule can be set in the parameters (As on the GUI, its hard to maintain when you run a lot of terminals. If either Account protector or/and Time Line close can have that "repeat" function both would be perfect EAs for me ... (o:) ..

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
How would that work?
for example If we set maximum order per instrument = 1 lot.
and we place 0.5 lot 1st order It can open that order because It's <1 lot. and if I try to place 0.6 lot 2nd order It should not take order (or If possible that can take 0.5 lots because already we have 0.5 lot open). It continues to all the instrument. Any instrument can have maximum lot size 1.
So, we can take EURUSD 1 lot, GBPUSD 1 lot, XAUUSD 1 lot.

Regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
for example If we set maximum order per instrument = 1 lot.
and we place 0.5 lot 1st order It can open that order because It's <1 lot. and if I try to place 0.6 lot 2nd order It should not take order (or If possible that can take 0.5 lots because already we have 0.5 lot open). It continues to all the instrument. Any instrument can have maximum lot size 1.
So, we can take EURUSD 1 lot, GBPUSD 1 lot, XAUUSD 1 lot.

Account Protector cannot prevent a trader from opening any position. The only thing it can do is to close the trade (or a part of the trade) automatically when it exceeds some size, but I don't think it would be a good idea.

Elie

Trader
Aug 1, 2022
I have a problem with the account protector, suddenly stopped working, it was working perfectly before. anyone had his problem and know the solution?

Discuss Account Protector expert advisor here. This EA lets you control your orders and positions with a chart panel. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader tool here.
hi, my account protector stopped working suddenly, it was working for 5 months without any problem and now doesn't close any trade. i un-install everything and re-install and the problem persist. Any advise? can you help with any amazing idea?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have a problem with the account protector, suddenly stopped working, it was working perfectly before. anyone had his problem and know the solution?

hi, my account protector stopped working suddenly, it was working for 5 months without any problem and now doesn't close any trade. i un-install everything and re-install and the problem persist. Any advise? can you help with any amazing idea?
How exactly it doesn't work? What are you trying to do and what results do you get? What version of MetaTrader and Account Protector are you using? Do you have Autotrading enabled both for the platform and the EA? What is the the output in the Experts tab when the AP is supposed to work?

WestMeadow

Trader
Aug 1, 2022
Hi there, been using your AutoTrading Scheduler for a little while now and absolutely love.
I was pointed in the direction of this Account Protector, as it seems to have a lot of functionality I've been looking for.

Here's my dilemma:
I have the scheduler allowing trading from 17:15-21:45 for my EA.
Some days the EA reaches a profit I'm satisfied with before 21:45, so I'd like to turn if off.

So, I see with AP, I can set a daily profit of $X, and it will close all trades and turn off autotrading.
Similarly, if Equity reaches X%, it would also close all trades and turn off autotrading.

My concern is that if I reach my daily profit target before 2145, and AP turns off autotrading, would the scheduler not turn autotrading back on? Is there a way around this?

Thank you!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My concern is that if I reach my daily profit target before 2145, and AP turns off autotrading, would the scheduler not turn autotrading back on? Is there a way around this?
It will. Use the Close Platform action to prevent any further trading. However, you would need to restart it manually (or automatically via a scheduler).

buis4

Aug 12, 2022
Hi @Enivid

Thanks for this lovely EA. I have a question about AP.

My situation is when my profit reach for example 10% of my equity, the AP close all the orders and then disable the auto trading. Then i want to enable the auto trading again on monday next week at 10 AM.

1. Do i need to setup AP on 2 different charts to use the disable and enable auto trading ? Because when i tried to check both the disable and enable auto trading, i can only pick one checkbox.

2. Should i use autotrading scheduler to enable the auto trading back every monday or any day i want ?

Regards,

Luke

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi @Enivid
1. Do i need to setup AP on 2 different charts to use the disable and enable auto trading ? Because when i tried to check both the disable and enable auto trading, i can only pick one checkbox.

2. Should i use autotrading scheduler to enable the auto trading back every monday or any day i want ?
You should use two instances of AP with the second one used only to re-enable autotrading on Monday because the Autotrading scheduler will not allow the AP disable autotrading (it will be turning it back on).

You can also use the "Close platform" action and then re-launch it on Monday using Windows scheduler tool.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Jame Romeo

Trader
Aug 28, 2022
Hello, I saw this message and suddenly the software is freezing.
2022.08.28 10:00:04.154 Account Protector GBPUSD,H1: zero divide in 'Account Protector.mqh' (4430,96)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, I saw this message and suddenly the software is freezing.
2022.08.28 10:00:04.154 Account Protector GBPUSD,H1: zero divide in 'Account Protector.mqh' (4430,96)
Thanks for reporting! You would need to re-attach the EA on the chart. This likely happened either because your account balance is zero or your daily profit/loss equaled your account balance.

I will fix this bug in the next version.

Jame Romeo

Trader
Aug 28, 2022
Neither of your both statements are happening. And this problem only happens on VPS while local PC is fine. I checked and compiled MQH File on both PC and VPS
Even on PC error has only 100 and 0 warning while VPS has 101-107 error with 7-8 warning. The same file but different situation when attach to different machine. I'm shaking my head because I had never seen something like this before. Now I give up and wait for your updated version.

Thank you for response and this free software

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Neither of your both statements are happening. And this problem only happens on VPS while local PC is fine. I checked and compiled MQH File on both PC and VPS
Even on PC error has only 100 and 0 warning while VPS has 101-107 error with 7-8 warning. The same file but different situation when attach to different machine. I'm shaking my head because I had never seen something like this before. Now I give up and wait for your updated version.

Thank you for response and this free software
Compiling the .mqh file is useless. You could compile the .mq4 one, but it won't solve anything here.

Does it happen every time you attach the AP to a chart on your VPS? Is MT4 logged into your trading account there?

Jame Romeo

Trader
Aug 28, 2022
Compiling the .mqh file is useless. You could compile the .mq4 one, but it won't solve anything here.

Does it happen every time you attach the AP to a chart on your VPS? Is MT4 logged into your trading account there?
Updating: Now I face the same problem on my PC as well. So I can say it is not on my VPS. But this function is completely not working.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Updating: Now I face the same problem on my PC as well. So I can say it is not on my VPS. But this function is completely not working.
OK, does it happen every time you try attaching the AP to a chart? Is your platform logged into your account when you attach it?
If this is a demo account, could you please generate an account statement, so I could use it to debug this issue?

Jame Romeo

Trader
Aug 28, 2022
OK, does it happen every time you try attaching the AP to a chart? Is your platform logged into your account when you attach it?
If this is a demo account, could you please generate an account statement, so I could use it to debug this issue?

Yes every time I attached it to the chart, something like this happen. This is demo account but I unfortunately deleted this account. I don't have password since I don't save it. So there is no way to generate account statement. Sorry