Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
Thanks for your swift reply.
I understand what you are saying.
Just a thought !
What if we have a "Extra" condition input where we could type in a number such as 1915.00 for gold.
Then have the EA refer back to and check the current local chart value for 1915.00 ?

Thanks for a great EA it is most appreciated.

Best Regards,
Howard

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Heddfan

Dec 9, 2020
Account Protector may be just what I have been looking for, for a very long time!!
Thank you for sharing this tool, which may be a god send to my trading future!!

I plan to only use the EA to control auto trading based on free margin.

The aim is that when my trading algo's trade and the free margin% reaches a certain level (ie <xxx% of snapshot), the Auto Trade is turned OFF.
This will STOP further martingale orders from being placed (which could be terminal) - and allow time for the market to retrace/recover and the TP (which is normally very close to the market price) to be hit and trades close.

Ideally the Auto Trade will then be 'enabled' again, once free margin% is > xxx of snapshot

My questions are:

1. Do I need to run 2x Auto Protect to execute the above - ie 1x to stop Auto Trading, and another to re-start Auto Trading?
2. In the 'EA Settings' I have set the DoNotResetConditions and DoNotResetActions both to TRUE, as I want the EA to take action (stop A/T then start A/T) when the conditions are met, and to keep working until it is manually interrupted - is that correct?

I am going to test Auto Protect now, with very small 'free margin reductions of ~0.5% ' and then test the 2nd option, as 1. above, to re-start Auto Trading - but I do highly value your response to my questions.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. Do I need to run 2x Auto Protect to execute the above - ie 1x to stop Auto Trading, and another to re-start Auto Trading?
Yes.
2. In the 'EA Settings' I have set the DoNotResetConditions and DoNotResetActions both to TRUE, as I want the EA to take action (stop A/T then start A/T) when the conditions are met, and to keep working until it is manually interrupted - is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.

Heddfan

Dec 9, 2020
Account Protector may be just what I have been looking for, for a very long time!!
Thank you for sharing this tool, which may be a god send to my trading future!!

I plan to only use the EA to control auto trading based on free margin.

Ideally I wanted an EA to monitor margin% (as displayed on MT4 Open Trades - but I'm sure that I can use Free Margin %

The aim is that when my trading algo's trade and the free margin% reaches a certain level (ie <xxx% of snapshot), the Auto Trade is turned OFF.
This will STOP further martingale orders from being placed (which could be terminal) - and allow time for the market to retrace/recover and the TP (which is normally very close to the market price) to be hit and trades close.

Ideally the Auto Trade will then be 'enabled' again, once free margin% is > xxx of snapshot

My questions are:

2. Is there a function where the free margin snap shot can be auto refreshed - or could I use a 3rd chart/EA to do that for me (and would it's value be used in EA#1 and EA#2?

I am going to test Auto Protect now, with very small 'free margin reductions of ~0.5% ' and then test the 2nd option, as 1. above, to re-start Auto Trading - but I do highly value your response to my questions.

Thank you in advance
MargnLevel% is not a good idea
Yes.

Yes, that is correct.
Many thanks for your help

I have another question, which I sure the answer to is a simple 'no' - but I wish to ask.

I am testing using Account Protector to manage the account (actually the start / stop of auto trading) of another EA, which is scalping many times a day. The protection I need it that the EA does not over trade (reducing free margin %) - it is not my own EA.

I can run the AP to do this, however, my wish, is that I can use MT4 or another tool, to emulate (back test) both my EA and AP together to see if my strategy and calculations (what free margin%) are right.

Could you help me, or guide me to a 3rd party / tool that may be able to assist?

If it's entirely impossible - just tell me - but very little in this world is entirely impossible :)

Thank you

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I can run the AP to do this, however, my wish, is that I can use MT4 or another tool, to emulate (back test) both my EA and AP together to see if my strategy and calculations (what free margin%) are right.

Could you help me, or guide me to a 3rd party / tool that may be able to assist?

If it's entirely impossible - just tell me - but very little in this world is entirely impossible :)
If you can edit the code of your EA, you could just add this free margin % fuse there yourself - at least for the backtesting version. Otherwise, I don't think there are any tools that would allow you to backtest using two EAs at the same time.

Jan 22, 2020
Is it possible to add an option to increase/reduce the balance by additional funds?
I really appreciate your great tools.
Thank you so much in advance.

yeohoo

Jan 24, 2021
hi support

I noticed the Condition for 'Equity >= % of snapshot:' doesn't work well.

The issue: When i input 10.00 ( means 10%), the EA immediately triggered and end, before it really reach to the 10% from the snapshot.

kindly advise and help to assist.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi support

I noticed the Condition for 'Equity >= % of snapshot:' doesn't work well.

The issue: When i input 10.00 ( means 10%), the EA immediately triggered and end, before it really reach to the 10% from the snapshot.

kindly advise and help to assist.
Could you provide the screenshot of the equity and the snapshot at the time of triggering? Also, is this MT4 or MT5?

yeohoo

Jan 24, 2021
Could you provide the screenshot of the equity and the snapshot at the time of triggering? Also, is this MT4 or MT5?
hi Support.

i attached the screen captured (condition- Equity >= % of snapshot: 10.00 ) when I click on it . And the Action - i set to Close 100%trade, disable autotrading.

capture:
0. action - set to Close 100%trade, disable autotrading.
1. Condition - before trigger.
2. Condition - after trigger.

if require to capture via video, I can send to you separately ( I notice I cannot upload video here).

hope it help

Attachments

• 0. action - Close 100%trade, disable autotrading.jpeg
    0. action - Close 100%trade, disable autotrading.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1. Condition - before trigger.png
    1. Condition - before trigger.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2. Condition - after trigger.png
    2. Condition - after trigger.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 6

yeohoo

Jan 24, 2021
hi Support.

i attached the screen captured (condition- Equity >= % of snapshot: 10.00 ) when I click on it . And the Action - i set to Close 100%trade, disable autotrading.

capture:

if require to capture via video, I can send to you separately ( I notice I cannot upload video here).

hope it help
it is MT4. thks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hi Support.

capture:

hope it help
10% of $4,981.80 is $498.18. Your equity is much greater than that, hence the actions are triggered. It looks like, you need to set it to 110%, not 10%.

cdhamo

Trader
Feb 25, 2021
I'm having trouble installing this EA. The first time, I installed it to a file on my PC it took a little bit to get it working (restarting) but eventually it appeared. But today on my a platform in my VPS it's not loading along with my other EAs (even after refreshing and closing platform). Any ideas please?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    89.7 KB · Views: 4