FinalPremium

Trader
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Enivid,

First many thanks for this amazing EA, it's always there in every MT4 instance I have.
I just have a suggestion to make it even more powerful.
I believe that the two integral factors dominating the markets are price and time, Account Protector has already done a wonderful job for protecting our equity against the unpredictable market price movements, and to incorporate its power with timing controls only a tiny improvement is required; a new condition in the conditions tab to trigger the actions in specific time.
Might seem a simple addition (and it is) but in my humble opinion it doubles the power of Account Protector.

muscae

Trader
Oct 29, 2017
Very good EA. I am trying this one and I am very happy with the results, however I have found that the emergency Button dont follow the actions, just close orders. Maybe that was the idea, but will be nice to have some filtering imo.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Very good EA. I am trying this one and I am very happy with the results, however I have found that the emergency Button dont follow the actions, just close orders. Maybe that was the idea, but will be nice to have some filtering imo.
The Emergency button should respect the filters. Could you please provide more info on how it failed to do so? Which filters? What trading platform version did you use (MT4 or MT5)?

muscae

Trader
Oct 29, 2017
The Emergency button should respect the filters. Could you please provide more info on how it failed to do so? Which filters? What trading platform version did you use (MT4 or MT5)?
I mean doesn't respect the chosen actions. If I have for example ONLY the "delete all pending orders" action, when I click the emergency it closes all open orders and also disable automatic trading. I am using MT4.

FinalPremium

Trader
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Enivid,
I was thinking about a new functionality; equity trailing or jumping stop by currency units, it could be really helpful to protect against market reversals. Also a 'hidden mode' for normal SL and BE settings at the main tab could prevent stop hunting and similar malicious practices from brokers.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: muscae

FinalPremium

Trader
Aug 18, 2017
A jumping stop loss follows the price while maintaining specified distance. Let's assume the following scenario for deeper insight; your trading system is accumulating profits and equity is steadily growing and you have equity jumping stop configured to breakeven at $20 profit with jumping step (distance) of $10 so when profit reaches $30 equity is locked at $20 and so on. A jumping stop for equity is more suitable since equity accounts for all opened and closed trades and thus could be volatile.
And regarding the hidden SL at the conditions tab it applies to equity unlike the settings at the main tab that's applied on a per-trade basis.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
A jumping stop loss follows the price while maintaining specified distance. Let's assume the following scenario for deeper insight; your trading system is accumulating profits and equity is steadily growing and you have equity jumping stop configured to breakeven at $20 profit with jumping step (distance) of $10 so when profit reaches $30 equity is locked at $20 and so on. A jumping stop for equity is more suitable since equity accounts for all opened and closed trades and thus could be volatile.

So, basically, it is like a mass trailing stop (hidden) that applies to the whole equity? I will look if I can add that.

And regarding the hidden SL at the conditions tab it applies to equity unlike the settings at the main tab that's applied on a per-trade basis.

You can use it on per-trade basis by applying the appropriate Filters.

• 👍
Reactions: FinalPremium

FinalPremium

Trader
Aug 18, 2017
Exactly, it applies to the whole equity and from my experience I can assure you it not just protect from reversals, it let profits run as far as the market travels.

learnertrader

Trader
Dec 11, 2017
Hi Enivid, I really love some of the indicators you guys share. So thank you for that.
Is it possible to have a partial take profit (in pips or dollar value) at a specified price or pip value?
Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your suggestion, but partial take-profit isn't something that connects well with the idea of this EA.

Partial does not work with mt4 brokers.

Discuss Account Protector expert advisor here. This EA lets you control your orders and positions with a chart panel. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader tool here.

Too complex to use , A simple trade manager ea with all functions is easier to operate.