Price Alert

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
View attachment 18487 Is it possible to have this alert continue to alert until shut off?
Yeah, you can just remove the following lines in PriceAlert_Panel.mq4:
MQL4:
      sets.AlertNative = false;
      sets.AlertEmail = false;
      sets.AlertPush = false;
There are three instances of them, the first is starting on the line 568.

mrisakson

May 25, 2021
Yeah, you can just remove the following lines in PriceAlert_Panel.mq4:
MQL4:
      sets.AlertNative = false;
      sets.AlertEmail = false;
      sets.AlertPush = false;
There are three instances of them, the first is starting on the line 568.
Thank you for this information. I set the price alert on all the forex pairs. It seems that I am not getting alerts unless I am on that particular chart. Am I mistaken? I use push notifications and only seem to receive the notification when I click on a chart. I would like the alerts anytime my levels are broken. I use an indicator MA Crossover and get alarms anytime the 10 and 50 moving averages cross. They come automatically. How can the price alert monitor and send alerts automatically?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for this information. I set the price alert on all the forex pairs. It seems that I am not getting alerts unless I am on that particular chart. Am I mistaken? I use push notifications and only seem to receive the notification when I click on a chart. I would like the alerts anytime my levels are broken. I use an indicator MA Crossover and get alarms anytime the 10 and 50 moving averages cross. They come automatically. How can the price alert monitor and send alerts automatically?
It shouldn't be the case unless you close the chart completely. Try restarting your MT4 or re-installing the platform.

mrisakson

May 25, 2021
It shouldn't be the case unless you close the chart completely. Try restarting your MT4 or re-installing the platform.
I use a symbol changer to go from chart to chart, never shut down or rarely shut down. Do you think the symbol changer is the cause of my problem? It does not affect the ma crossover sending alerts from all different charts, not just the one I select and while I am away from the house.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I use a symbol changer to go from chart to chart, never shut down or rarely shut down. Do you think the symbol changer is the cause of my problem? It does not affect the ma crossover sending alerts from all different charts, not just the one I select and while I am away from the house.
You mean you actually switch the chart’s symbol and expect the alerts to trigger on a symbol you switched from? That won’t work. Your other indicator probably analyzes multiple currency pairs set via input parameters or something. Most indicators, like Price Alert, analyze only the currency pairs it is attached to.

mrisakson

May 25, 2021
You mean you actually switch the chart’s symbol and expect the alerts to trigger on a symbol you switched from? That won’t work. Your other indicator probably analyzes multiple currency pairs set via input parameters or something. Most indicators, like Price Alert, analyze only the currency pairs it is attached to.
Price alert is attached to every pair in a template. Select a pair set the above and below, go to the next chart and set parameters for that pair until all are completed. Go back to review and everything is as I left it.

Attachments

• NZDJPY Full.PNG
    NZDJPY Full.PNG
    234.5 KB · Views: 4
  • NZDJPY Panel Alert.PNG
    NZDJPY Panel Alert.PNG
    174.9 KB · Views: 4
  • USDJPY Panel Alert.PNG
    USDJPY Panel Alert.PNG
    94 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Price alert is attached to every pair in a template. Select a pair set the above and below, go to the next chart and set parameters for that pair until all are completed. Go back to review and everything is as I left it.
Yes, but are those charts open in parallel, like this?
charts.png
Or are you just switching symbols on a single chart?

Poker_player

Active Trader
Jul 26, 2017
Thanks fly to Enivid

att are the indi that work ,I did see lot of interest out there :D Thanks fly to Enivid :)
unknown.png

it gave alert 22:05 when trendline was not hit. Otherwise so far worked well

TheColorBlack

Dec 7, 2021
How do I get the alert to play a selected sound, ie lets say a "ping" when it hits one of the alerts?
Post automatically merged:

How do I get the alert to play a selected sound, ie lets say a "ping" when it hits one of the alerts?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The alert sound it plays is the default one set up in MetaTrader. You can change it via Tools->Options->Events, there change the sound file for Alert. But this will change the alert sound for alerts within the platform.

TheColorBlack

Dec 7, 2021
The alert sound it plays is the default one set up in MetaTrader. You can change it via Tools->Options->Events, there change the sound file for Alert. But this will change the alert sound for alerts within the platform.
Wait, does the script come automatically with a "sounded" alert ? I've only had 3 options, pop up/email/push, to which when triggered, does not play a sound. I'm a retard when it comes to this, is there something I need to change in the script itself ?
Thanks for taking the time.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Wait, does the script come automatically with a "sounded" alert ? I've only had 3 options, pop up/email/push, to which when triggered, does not play a sound. I'm a retard when it comes to this, is there something I need to change in the script itself ?
Thanks for taking the time.
The pop-up alert is accompanied by a sound unless you turn it off. That's how MetaTrader works.

TheColorBlack

Dec 7, 2021
Is there another script similar to what this does ? Sometimes the alert doesnt work until I restart my MT5 after i realised it didn't ping me. And sometimes when I try to enable the alert, it immediately turns it off again. I have deleted the rows that makes it only ping once so it pings me until I turn it off manually.

Thanks in advance for the suggestion.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.04 released today:
  • Added a switch for the type of price used for alerts. It can be either: normal Ask/Bid (as before), Ask price only, Bid price only, or previous candle's Close. (Via GitHub issue and email requests)
  • Changed alert buttons to work both ways — clicking it a second time will disable that alert. (Via GitHub issue)
  • Fixed panel sizing and positioning on high-DPI screens. (Via GitHub issue)
  • Fixed checkboxes de-ticking automatically after you tick them if there was already an alert event. (@TheColorBlack)
  • Fixed panel's operation when accidentally deleting a line. (Via GitHub issue)
Please download the new version and let me know how it works for you!

TheColorBlack

Dec 7, 2021
Version 1.04 released today:
  • Added a switch for the type of price used for alerts. It can be either: normal Ask/Bid (as before), Ask price only, Bid price only, or previous candle's Close. (Via GitHub issue and email requests)
  • Changed alert buttons to work both ways — clicking it a second time will disable that alert. (Via GitHub issue)
  • Fixed panel sizing and positioning on high-DPI screens. (Via GitHub issue)
  • Fixed checkboxes de-ticking automatically after you tick them if there was already an alert event. (@TheColorBlack)
  • Fixed panel's operation when accidentally deleting a line. (Via GitHub issue)
Please download the new version and let me know how it works for you!
Thank you for the updates sir, I'll be sure to have a go at it, btw I'm unsure if I'm the only one facing this issue but sometimes the alerts only pop up when I'm at the selected forex pair, not when the condition is met, is there a potential issue with that ? I've tried restarting multiple times but it comes back after a period of time. My PC and MT5 runs 24/7 hence I draw the conclusion that the issue comes back after a certain period of time.

Thanks again for the help