Easy Trend Visualizer

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
in settings there is: "Ignore previous horizontal lines short than: 2"

It doesn't alert as before for price crossing PHLC. ......eer . Why?EURUSDM1-NO PHLC.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
If you wanted alerts in the marked places, the you had to set UseAlertHorizontalLine to true. NumberPHLtoTrack controls the alerts for the previous horizontal lines crosses, while UseAlertHorizontalLine controls the alerts for the current line crosses.

EDIT: This is not true. See this post for more information.

"Ignore previous horizontal lines short than: 2" - this parameter is irrelevant in your case. All it does, is tells the indicator to ignore previous horizontal line crosses when the line's length is only 1 bar (such lines are invisible on the chart).

Last edited:

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
If you wanted alerts in the marked places, the you had to set UseAlertHorizontalLine to true. NumberPHLtoTrack controls the alerts for the previous horizontal lines crosses, while UseAlertHorizontalLine controls the alerts for the current line crosses.

"Ignore previous horizontal lines short than: 2" - this parameter is irrelevant in your case. All it does, is tells the indicator to ignore previous horizontal line crosses when the line's length is only 1 bar (such lines are invisible on the chart).

All changes supposed to be addition toUSDCHFH3-WHY ALERT.png what we had ..I have to check more. here is one with default setting, I don't see PHLC

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016

so why is there for settings if it is irrelevant? what happened if it is increased to 5 for example? Does it affect NumberPHLtoTrack?

Now comes to significant change in indicator:
UseAlertHorizontalLine: this alert as comparison to previous version was only to alert appearance of new HL. now you are saying in post #83 that this alert is also to alert when price cross that HL; in previous version there is separate alert (true/false ) for that. This means that you merged two alerts into one. why?
Does this number NumberPHLtoTrack include last HL or just prior to last? If NumberPHLtoTrack is set to 0 as is default it would give cross only on current HL or not tracking and it serve as (true/false): true if NumberPHLtoTrack >0 and false if NumberPHLtoTrack =0?

I want to bring to you attention indicator doesn't show alert in alert window when it appears: I have to close MT4 and open it again and then alert is there. also as you can see in post #82 there are bunch of graphic symbols which are flush out by exiting MT4 or changing back/forth time frame. it should be refreshed automatically or you wanted to be like that?

Thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
so why is there for settings if it is irrelevant?
It allows indicator to ignore short lines.

what happened if it is increased to 5 for example?
The indicator would then ignore lines that are 1-4 bars long when checking for alerts.

Does it affect NumberPHLtoTrack?
It does not affect the value of NumberPHLtoTrack, but it does affect the PHLC alerts.

UseAlertHorizontalLine: this alert as comparison to previous version was only to alert appearance of new HL. now you are saying in post #83 that this alert is also to alert when price cross that HL; in previous version there is separate alert (true/false ) for that. This means that you merged two alerts into one. why?

Sorry, I was wrong in Post #83 to say that UseAlertHorizontalLine controls alerts for the current line crosses. It does not do that. Like before, it controls alerts on new line appearance.

Does this number NumberPHLtoTrack include last HL or just prior to last? If NumberPHLtoTrack is set to 0 as is default it would give cross only on current HL or not tracking and it serve as (true/false): true if NumberPHLtoTrack >0 and false if NumberPHLtoTrack =0?

The number in NumberPHLtoTrack is for the lines starting from the previous line. Setting it to 0 will not trigger alerts on the current line crosses.

I want to bring to you attention indicator doesn't show alert in alert window when it appears: I have to close MT4 and open it again and then alert is there.

Which one?

also as you can see in post #82 there are bunch of graphic symbols which are flush out by exiting MT4 or changing back/forth time frame. it should be refreshed automatically or you wanted to be like that?

That's the case with the object alerts (arrows). I could change the code to use an indicator buffer for these alerts, but it would clutter the charts quite a lot. Do you think it is worth that?

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Firstly thank you for answering bunch of questions in my previous post. This post will have also bunch of questions and pictures...sorry about that... Would like to have final version of indicator or at leas close to it.
The number in NumberPHLtoTrack is for the lines starting from the previous line. Setting it to 0 will not trigger alerts on the current line crosses.
1. So this excludes current HL and counts after that. please see pic1...would be good if possible to insert picture exactly here...
----
sorry I do not know how to add multi quotes as you did
----
2. from previous post:
I want to bring to you attention indicator doesn't show alert in alert window when it appears: I have to close MT4 and open it again and then alert is there.
Which one?
latest modified indicator, latest version, in MT4,MT5. , version from this year. In version from 2017 it shows alert instantly in both MT4 and MT5.

3. from previous post:
also as you can see in post #82 there are bunch of graphic symbols which are flush out by exiting MT4 or changing back/forth time frame. it should be refreshed automatically or you wanted to be like that?
That's the case with the object alerts (arrows). I could change the code to use an indicator buffer for these alerts, but it would clutter the charts quite a lot. Do you think it is worth that?

What I mean is indicator leaves graphic symbols on chart until I exit MT4/MT5 and open again or I have to go to objects and delete them, pic-3.

I am suggesting that graphic symbol stays on chart only until third price bar strat ( on second bar is alert in alert window, graphic symbol on chart) or until new graphic symbol is created so it would be only one symbol on chart.

4. outstanding:
--Alert when price cross HL must be different then alert when price cross HL outside of HL ( chart or structure cross). For that reason I use 2 indicators in MT5 and problems is in MT4: all alerts are same....
That has to be same in MT4 and MT5: this two platforms are different but has to give same alert: in MT4, alert window, it shows alert only: ETV-PHLC, time stamp, currency pair, timestamp(date, start time for price bar per broker time/time at bottom of chart). is necessary this timestamp?

in MT5 all above with addition which indicator gives alert which makes easier in this particular indicator to make difference which PHLC is created: I renamed indicator so I can recognize it. That is possible in MT5 but not in MT4.
Also in MT5 alert window in column with indicator is added currency pair, and time frame. information is duplicated in next column where you repeating all info like for MT4. Must be different, cannot just copy and paste code. Alert window is more adjustable in MT4 then in MT5. so having long and unnecessary duplicated info tmakes alert window huge and takes very much of chart space.

I already mentioned this in post #79 but you did not fix it.So I am mentioning again until fixed.

5. interface for inputs has to stay same as in original indicator, as shown in pic2:
just add:
NumberPHLtoTrack (how many...)
IGnore previous...
UseAlertPriceHLCross-Structure true/false (in alert window will show PHLC-S)
PHLC_Arrow_Color
send alert via email
push notification

In version of 2017 there are all alerts except those out of HL as shown and requested in in post #69
Therefor current new version from 2018 is not good, hast to be like latest version from 2017 with requested changes as shown in post#69.

6. alert shows up only when price close above/below HL. currently it gives alert when price at HL is = close of price bar.

7. Latest changes as per this and some previous post as mentioned has to be made, latest 2 version from 2018 has to be erased from record

Until done I have to use 2 indicators of same version 2017 and latest version of 2018

Thank you.

Attachments

• PHLC-1.png
    PHLC-1.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PHLC-2.png
    PHLC-2.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 44
  • PHLC-3.png
    PHLC-3.png
    499.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. So this excludes current HL and counts after that. please see pic1...would be good if possible to insert picture exactly here...

It is hard to say why that arrow appeared without seeing the input parameters active at that time.

latest modified indicator, latest version, in MT4,MT5. , version from this year. In version from 2017 it shows alert instantly in both MT4 and MT5.

I mean which alert? Horizontal Line, Up/Down Arrows, or Previous Horizontal Line?

What I mean is indicator leaves graphic symbols on chart until I exit MT4/MT5 and open again or I have to go to objects and delete them, pic-3.

I am suggesting that graphic symbol stays on chart only until third price bar strat ( on second bar is alert in alert window, graphic symbol on chart) or until new graphic symbol is created so it would be only one symbol on chart.

I don't think that it is a good idea. The usefulness of the chart object alerts is that a trader can easily track as they appeared in the past. A simple way for you to clear the chart of them is to reinitialize the indicator - double-click some ETV line and click OK.
That has to be same in MT4 and MT5: this two platforms are different but has to give same alert: in MT4, alert window, it shows alert only: ETV-PHLC, time stamp, currency pair, timestamp(date, start time for price bar per broker time/time at bottom of chart). is necessary this timestamp?

in MT5 all above with addition which indicator gives alert which makes easier in this particular indicator to make difference which PHLC is created: I renamed indicator so I can recognize it. That is possible in MT5 but not in MT4.
Also in MT5 alert window in column with indicator is added currency pair, and time frame. information is duplicated in next column where you repeating all info like for MT4. Must be different, cannot just copy and paste code. Alert window is more adjustable in MT4 then in MT5. so having long and unnecessary duplicated info tmakes alert window huge and takes very much of chart space.

So, do I understand it correctly that you want me to make it so the alerts are of the following formats?
MT4:
ETV-PHLC CurrencyPair @ TimeFrame
MT5:
ETV-PHLC

UseAlertPriceHLCross-Structure true/false (in alert window will show PHLC-S)

What is the point of this parameter if there is NumberPHLtoTrack, which can be set to 0?

6. alert shows up only when price close above/below HL. currently it gives alert when price at HL is = close of price bar.

I don't understand it, sorry. Are you talking about PHLC alerts or HL alerts?

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
It is hard to say why that arrow appeared without seeing the input parameters active at that time.
for 2018 version of indicator I use : false, false, 2,2 inputs because I use only for getting alert on ETV-PHLC-S signal. for everything else i use version 2017.
upload_2018-11-10_2-27-19.png

upload_2018-11-10_2-28-5.png

upload_2018-11-10_2-33-57.png

talking about latest version (2018) . I am talking about alert when price cross HL out of HL, lets call it PHLC-S( new alert that I asked for, 2018, S stands for structure). In both version MT4, MT5 I have to either to change TF or reopen platform in order to see alert in alert window. Again, alert appears but not instantly. It has to be instantly for all signals: HL, PHLC, PHLC-S, Arrows, something is not right. please check.

no alert window, just graphic symbol appeared. to see it in alert window I had to change TF or reopen platform.
upload_2018-11-10_2-37-19.png

Currently, because of errors I use two indicators from 2017 latest and new one from 2018. Latest I use only for getting PHLC-S and all issues are related to that signal.

I mean which alert? Horizontal Line, Up/Down Arrows, or Previous Horizontal Line?

OK. but I Still think it should disappear by itself after user defined number of intervals. if you really need reminder

I don't think that it is a good idea. The usefulness of the chart object alerts is that a trader can easily track as they appeared in the past. A simple way for you to clear the chart of them is to reinitialize the indicator - double-click some ETV line and click OK.

Yes. and signals must be different: ETV-PHLC is when price cross HL itself ( like in version 2017) and ETV-PHLC-S when price cross HL out of HL ( new signal, 2018). Time stamp is meaningless in this case. need small, clear information in alert window, easy to spot and read.

So, do I understand it correctly that you want me to make it so the alerts are of the following formats?

MT4:
ETV-PHLC CurrencyPair @ TimeFrame becauseit doesnt show currency, time frame
ETV-PHLC-S CurrencyPair @ TimeFrame
upload_2018-11-10_2-47-31.png
MT5:
ETV-PHLC
CurrencyPair @ TimeFrame no need because in column 2 of alert window it is shown: indicator, currency, time frame
ETV-PHLC-S CurrencyPair @ TimeFrame no need because in column 2 of alert window it is shown: indicator, currency, time frame
If you have better, different idea, please do so, just no time stamp in any case
upload_2018-11-10_2-47-48.png

There are two cases when price cross HL: it cross horizontal line itself (version 2017) and has signal ETV-PHLC
Price cross HL out of horizontal line (2018) and that is completely different signal ETV-PHLC-S. This signal has to have its own true/false.
No need graphic symbol for ETV-PHLC. ned graphic symbol just for ETV-PHLC-S.

I want to have same input window as in 2017 version , that has to stay same, just add new signal with its parameters/inputs (NumberPHLtoTrack) for new signal ETV-PHLC-S. this signal is only thing we added to 2017 version everything else stay same: ETV-HL with true/ false and ETV-PHLC with true/false and
ETV-AD/AU with its true/false . for unknown reason you are creating new inputs, removing existing. No.

so point of this parameter NumberPHLtoTrack is to give control over new signal ETV-PHLC-S with true/false and how many past HL is monitored for crosses that gives ETV-PHLC-S Signal.
phlc-2-png.13270

What is the point of this parameter if there is
NumberPHLtoTrack, which can be set to 0?

I was talking about ETV-PHLC and ETV-PHLC-S signals: price must cross HL. I noticed that sometime I get signal even when HL is same as close of the bar,
open and close of bar must be on opposite sides of HL (cross) to get signal. Also alert window did not pop up when graphic signal appeared.
upload_2018-11-10_2-30-45.png
I don't understand it, sorry. Are you talking about PHLC alerts or HL alerts?

All issues in post #90 are same :
pic1: as mentioned I use false, false 2,2 input. so why is that arrow there?
pic2: already explained: has to stay same input window, just add input for new ETV-PHLC-S signal.
pic3: arrows on pic are still after 20h. it must be way of control

Please correct all above...Issues are same for MT4/MT5.
version 2017 has to be upgraded with ETV-PHLC-S, not to completely change.
I would like to have only one indicator : upgraded 2017 version as mentioned above.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
for 2018 version of indicator I use : false, false, 2,2 inputs because I use only for getting alert on ETV-PHLC-S signal. for everything else i use version 2017.
View attachment 13463

View attachment 13464

View attachment 13466

I have spent quite some time today trying to reproduce this (in vain), but then I noticed that you were using version 1.08 (at least in MT5) on those screenshots. Do these "phantom" alert arrows still occur with version 1.09?

talking about latest version (2018) . I am talking about alert when price cross HL out of HL, lets call it PHLC-S( new alert that I asked for, 2018, S stands for structure). In both version MT4, MT5 I have to either to change TF or reopen platform in order to see alert in alert window. Again, alert appears but not instantly. It has to be instantly for all signals: HL, PHLC, PHLC-S, Arrows, something is not right. please check.

no alert window, just graphic symbol appeared. to see it in alert window I had to change TF or reopen platform.
View attachment 13467

When do the alert messages appear in the Experts tab of the platform - when they should or when you change TF/reopen platform?

There are two cases when price cross HL: it cross horizontal line itself (version 2017) and has signal ETV-PHLC
Price cross HL out of horizontal line (2018) and that is completely different signal ETV-PHLC-S. This signal has to have its own true/false.
No need graphic symbol for ETV-PHLC. ned graphic symbol just for ETV-PHLC-S.

This changes quite a lot. So you want a separate alert for price crossing the current (active) horizontal line? This should not be too hard. However, I am not so sure about the naming convention. PHLC stands for Previous Horizontal Line Cross. So, I will probably call the alert for the current horizontal line cross simply HLC.

I want to have same input window as in 2017 version , that has to stay same, just add new signal with its parameters/inputs (NumberPHLtoTrack) for new signal ETV-PHLC-S. this signal is only thing we added to 2017 version everything else stay same: ETV-HL with true/ false and ETV-PHLC with true/false and
ETV-AD/AU with its true/false . for unknown reason you are creating new inputs, removing existing. No.

I don't think it is a good idea to remove input parameters that let users control the arrow colors and email/push alerts.

I was talking about ETV-PHLC and ETV-PHLC-S signals: price must cross HL. I noticed that sometime I get signal even when HL is same as close of the bar,
open and close of bar must be on opposite sides of HL (cross) to get signal. Also alert window did not pop up when graphic signal appeared.
View attachment 13465

The alert arrow seems to be caused by the previous line (the short one), not the long one:
upload_2018-11-10_2-30-45.png

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
on image #1(one) there is arrow and in my opinion if I count correctly should not be that arrow: in objects I deleted all objects in object window, applied template ...in image #2two) there is only one(1) chart open, it shows 2 signals. please see attached. Is there any chance that you fix this issue and all above and those mentioned in message to you while ago anytime soon?

ARROW  ISSUE-1_01-30-2019.JPG ARROW  ISSUE-2_01-30-2019.JPG

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
For now, I could not reproduce any of the two of these bugs. Regarding the second one, are you sure that you do not add or reinitialize the indicator somehow, which produces an extra alert? Could you copy the contents of the Experts log for that period? Also, I don't think my code should produce "ETV-PHLC-S" alert in any case at all. Did you modify the code to change the alert text? That's OK, but please attach the file here so I could be testing the same version and be sure that the problem is not in the code differences.

Also, are you sure the problems aren't caused by the presence of the second indicator attached to the same chart? What settings are used there?

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Enivid, I do not create this pictures in Photoshop nor I can edit Popup alert window. I use FxPRo and AVa . On both MT4 platforms issue is same and attachedd is last on as of today.
Would be fair if you respect it. saying i do not have it is excuse not to deal with problem even you have it you have to go to code. you are just saying what I posted is not true. I fake problems.

Why you say and believe that.? After all these years 10-11 working on this indicator, you are saying that I make up problems? DUPLICATED SIGNALS _02-10-2019.JPG

Attachments

• ETV-18.mq4
    19.5 KB · Views: 8

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Enivid, I do not create this pictures in Photoshop nor I can edit Popup alert window. I use FxPRo and AVa . On both MT4 platforms issue is same and attachedd is last on as of today.
Would be fair if you respect it. saying i do not have it is excuse not to deal with problem even you have it you have to go to code. you are just saying what I posted is not true. I fake problems.

Why you say and believe that.? After all these years 10-11 working on this indicator, you are saying that I make up problems? View attachment 13697

Sorry, but I never implied you are creating pictures in Photoshop or editing a popup alert window.

To fix some problem I need to be able to reproduce it to find out what is causing it exactly. I am running several instances of ETV on my VPS since January 31 and none of them is showing any of these issues.

Once again, seeing an Experts log for the period when the extra alerts are appearing would be helpful. Also, if you modified the code change the alert text to 'ETV-PHLC-S', it would also help if you attached the modified .mq4.

ruma29

Master Trader
Nov 12, 2016
Sorry, but I never implied you are creating pictures in Photoshop or editing a popup alert window.

To fix some problem I need to be able to reproduce it to find out what is causing it exactly. I am running several instances of ETV on my VPS since January 31 and none of them is showing any of these issues.

Once again, seeing an Experts log for the period when the extra alerts are appearing would be helpful. Also, if you modified the code change the alert text to 'ETV-PHLC-S', it would also help if you attached the modified .mq4.

I attached indicator that I use. I only modified Alert message because it must make difference between signals: different type of crossing ETV-HL. I asked you to provide different signals and you can see that in previous posts but you refused to do so. so I did it. Also you said that you will fix bunch of errors when you finish some your things...never happen : just excuse I don't have that problem.

**This particular issue ( duplicated signals) exist only in MT4..not MT5 although I changed alert message there too.

For all issues and request that I asked you in last 10-12 months regarding your new ETV indicator please make it jut version for me and keep as is one that you have. As of now I have to use 2 indicators: old good one and new 2018 version..and should be one only but...

Most likely you have version with no errors , with alerts and other things codded for yourself that you did not post publicly for rest of us...That is why you keep saying : I do not have that problem, I cannot copy that error....and so on.

Last edited: