zup pattern scanner

Mehreen

Trader
Oct 5, 2019
//--

hey zazzy.... yes the same idea can be applied to other indicators..... it works best if the indicators mq4 is available so it can be checked and often modified....

instead of buffers, you'd have to use global variables..... or edit nen's original code to use on a specific pair....

yes it could be re configured as a dashboard..... that would involve more code.....

not sure about the extension, would have to look back at the code and refresh my memory......h
please anyone upload again ZUP_v153
thanks

Mehreen

Trader
Oct 5, 2019
//-----

hey mehreen...... it was jagg that uploaded the 153, not me...... can't seem to find it here.......h
Thanks hayseed,
I am grateful to jagg who sent me but unfortunately thats what I already have before with just different version number...
anyhow today while searching I came across your video of script and back here again to download the script.
Lets see...
following your steps

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

Mehreen

Trader
Oct 5, 2019
hayseed is there any way to show only recent patterns with this script...
I mean not older then one or two bars
---------
Also zup 93H settings to turn off alerts is not working

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
hayseed is there any way to show only recent patterns with this script...
I mean not older then one or two bars
---------
Also zup 93H settings to turn off alerts is not working
//----

i'll look back at the code and see..... it's been so long, can't remember much about it.....h

Mehreen

Trader
Oct 5, 2019
//----

i'll look back at the code and see..... it's been so long, can't remember much about it.....h
thanks... if scanner can provide only latest last candles.
anyhow its not a big deal.
but whats next for me now?
i mean what you are using right now for more accuracy?

Last edited:

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
thanks... if scanner can provide only latest last candles.
anyhow its not a big deal.
but whats next for me now?
i mean what you are using right now for more accuracy?
//----

hey mehreen..... the zup indicators , to me, are more as an exercise in patience than a means for accuracy..... like patterns..... it takes so long for them to form..... you must wait and wait and wait..... at least on the higher timeframes where the most potential lies.....

you can predict the zup patterns because they are based on math..... that is of little benefit...... because they are based in the zigzag, the patterns most current leg can extend which is in some circles is thought of as repainting......
//-----

intraday accuracy might be increase by falling down the 1, 5 and 15 tf's and searching for patterns that agree with the current higher tf's trends...... if they exist......

my preference has almost always been with moving averages...... first locate anything with higher tf trend and signal agreements then trade the much smaller tf's ....

the smaller tf's will have many signals which gives far better trade resolution....... my current usdjpy trade might end up with 100 or more......

in other words, i sling a lot of arrows......h

//------
usdjpy-m5-oanda-division1-lower-tf.png

//----

usdjpy-h4-oanda-division1-sling-alot-of-arrows.png

• 👍
Reactions: Mehreen

Mehreen

Trader
Oct 5, 2019
//----

hey mehreen..... the zup indicators , to me, are more as an exercise in patience than a means for accuracy..... like patterns..... it takes so long for them to form..... you must wait and wait and wait..... at least on the higher timeframes where the most potential lies.....

you can predict the zup patterns because they are based on math..... that is of little benefit...... because they are based in the zigzag, the patterns most current leg can extend which is in some circles is thought of as repainting......
//-----

intraday accuracy might be increase by falling down the 1, 5 and 15 tf's and searching for patterns that agree with the current higher tf's trends...... if they exist......

my preference has almost always been with moving averages...... first locate anything with higher tf trend and signal agreements then trade the much smaller tf's ....

the smaller tf's will have many signals which gives far better trade resolution....... my current usdjpy trade might end up with 100 or more......

in other words, i sling a lot of arrows......h

//------
usdjpy-m5-oanda-division1-lower-tf.png

//----

usdjpy-h4-oanda-division1-sling-alot-of-arrows.png
OMG...
Amazing and beautiful... Thanks for sharing and you are awesome.
success wont come easy and i will be there soon...
step by step every move brings me closer...

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
hey thompson...... don't see where i have uploaded the white swan so will upload it here...... nen's code is huge and complex...... understanding it is beyond most of us.....

so i just commented out those lines.......h
//-----

eurusd-h1-oanda-division1-swan.png

Attachments

• ZUP_v130 WHITE Swan.ex4
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • ZUP_v130 WHITE Swan.mq4
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

smachaea

Trader
Jun 4, 2021
below are some pdfs on harmonic patterns.....

we can all shoot from the hip..... waiting on patterns could be a good way to practice taking better shots..... the thought being it might be an exercise in patience.....

i have started coding a stand alone harmonic scanner that will draw from within itself all the functions needed rather than using icustom...... doing so gives the ability to restrict the results to only patterns of a certain age.....

have the ab=cd pattern complete.....h
//-----

this will be about a scanner for patterns found by eugeni neumoin's zup indicators...... specifically version, 93.....

the zup_93 below is nen's original code for the 93...... it will not compile in current compilers..... you must use something like a build 509 compiler......

the zup 1, is my edited version on nen's 93..... look at the mq4 code and search for 'hayseed' to see my edits..... nothing fancy......

the zup scanner is a script..... it will compile with current metatrader compilers.....
//------

the zup 1.mq4 will not compile with current platforms..... i compiled zup 1 with a 509 platform compiler..... it's the zup 1.ex below......

the hitch is, some things written many years ago will only compile with platforms from those years.....

i'm sure this is confusing...... will post some more explaining things better.....

the bottom line is, you need zup 1.ex in your indicator list and the zup pattern scanner in your scripts......h
//-----

//-----

nzdcad-d1-oanda-division1.png

//-----
Hi Hayseed,

Could you please share your zup 12.ex4, which also includes 4 columns on .csv excel file showing alma, tsr, bbands, qqe (up, down), like in the video above?

Thanks in advance

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Could you please share your zup 12.ex4, which also includes 4 columns on .csv excel file showing alma, tsr, bbands, qqe (up, down), like in the video above?
//------

hey smachea...... i'll have to find it first, but sure will......

do you use the zup patterns.....h

smachaea

Trader
Jun 4, 2021
//------

hey smachea...... i'll have to find it first, but sure will......

do you use the zup patterns.....h
Yes, I am using zup v83. I just moved to your zup scanner with zup 1 as the indicator. That's why I got interested in what you did on your video.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Yes, I am using zup v83. I just moved to your zup scanner with zup 1 as the indicator. That's why I got interested in what you did on your video.
//-----

hey smachaea....... here ya go...... use this scanner and this indicator......h
//------

//-----

Attachments

• zups.ex4
    775.7 KB · Views: 21
  • zups.mq4
    858 KB · Views: 25
  • zups pattern scanner.ex4
    6.1 KB · Views: 19
  • zups pattern scanner.mq4