Why you should not give up forex trading?

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Agreed, pointlessly carrying on with something that is not meant for you, I see no good in that as well. Yes, traders should give it a good try, not that leave this market after the very first loss that they incur. It is better that one patiently tries for some time if possible, and then can decide if he wants to carry on or not.
My point exactly. Clinging to something when it's not working out at all costs does, usurprisingly, come at a pretty high cost.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
I do firmly believe that sometimes, some people should, indeed, quit. There is no point in persisting with something that is just not working out.

awofrans

Feb 21, 2021
Hi. Please can someone suggest a good forex journal that will enable me to input my chart apart from excel worksheet?

Jerry_Ken

Trader
Dec 11, 2020
I do firmly believe that sometimes, some people should, indeed, quit. There is no point in persisting with something that is just not working out.
It depends actually, better take a break than leaving it altogether at once. Yet i'd say each one has priorities and risk taking abilities , so need to consider that.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Perhaps. But if it still is not working out after several breaks, that is a good indication that maybe a different occupation would be better. There is no shame in knowing what one is good at and what's not for them.

Sheldon56

Banned
Apr 18, 2020
As a newbie, you will not be able to make such consistent in profit so you are easily influenced to give up. So it is advised that you should try to keep practicing and improving your skill, while maintaining the knowledge and staying disciplined so that you can make a sounding decision.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Some people don't really improve even after years of practice. What is the point of not giving up when that only leads to more financial losses for them?

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
Some people don't really improve even after years of practice. What is the point of not giving up when that only leads to more financial losses for them?
I think that’s true. Some people are not meant for trading. Being profitable takes so much more than just time. Discipline and strategy matters a lot. Some people fail to keep a journal. Please keep in mind, if you are not keeping a record of your trades, you will never improve.

Last edited by a moderator:

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
I agree. If they are not improving, they are losing money and they are miserable, why keep doing that when they can quit and pursue something else that will make them both happy and allow them to profit?

sunar14

Banned
Jan 17, 2021
It's hard to tell apart lucky streaks and increased performance because of your personal improvements. There are some criteria that are still subjective. This explains why some stubborn people keep trying.

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
I agree. If they are not improving, they are losing money and they are miserable, why keep doing that when they can quit and pursue something else that will make them both happy and allow them to profit?
I know right. Unfortunately, many people are ignorant of this fact.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Many people keep hoping things would change. Others telling them that they are just not working hard enough also doesn't help.

Todor

Trader
Dec 16, 2020
Forex is not a child's play, you gotta do your best. Upgrade your skills and knowledge, if you think you need a break, take it and then come back with a solid strategy may be but do not give up. However, if you think, it is not meant for you then you can take a step back.

SmartX

May 27, 2021
Forex market is a bit difficult to trade but it is not at all impossible to make profits in it. Instead of giving up, a trader should improve his skills and enhance knowledge.

fxplayer

May 27, 2021
Many traders face the same negative impulse to quit trading because it’s either too hard, too time consuming or too expensive. But you must understand that losses are part of this forex world. So each time you feel demotivated, try to rewire your mind and instead of getting pissed off with the charts, just breathe, meditate and repeat. Because each time you fail, you are learning.