Which Central Bank do you pay most attention to?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Central banks and their decisions usually move their respective currencies and associated currency crosses. It is important to watch out for their meetings and more important their press conferences as well as minutes as traders will react and adjust their positions which is why volume as well as volatility tends to increase. Sometimes the result of a meeting can alter the direction of a currency entirely.

I tend to keep an eye out for meetings of The Fed, ECB, Bank of England, Bank of Japan and the Reserve Bank of Australia as they cover the currency pairs I trade. I usually do not trade the release, but I do keep an eye out for what they say and enter their meetings with caution.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Alright, the SNB did set a cap on their currency a while ago did they not? Of course it did no exactly work long-term as far as I remember. Feel free to refresh my memory.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Since the US is still the reserve currency of the world - with the highest percentage, the Fed decisions and announcements are the most important.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
They set a minimum rate of EUR/CHF to 1.2 in September 2011. It worked great so far, allowing me to earn both on overnight swaps and some EUR/CHF growth.

I thought it was somewhere in the 1.2000 area, thanks for the update.