Biggest central bank mistake?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I was wondering what you think was the biggest mistake made by any central bank since 2008?

I think all central banks failed together and am a big opponent of stimulus as it only applies a short term fix hoping it will buy the economy time, but at some point someone has to pay for the stimulus which in my opinion is far worse than a recession from which sustainable growth can be achieved.

I think there are quite a few historical cases which show that stimulus does not work and ends up being counter-productive. It is terrible that central banks act in order to please investors and not in order to create an environment for stable as well as sustainable economic growth.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Personally, I believe that central banks (especially, Fed, SNB and BoJ) are doing great right now in dealing with their challenges. The biggest mistake from the major central bank, in my opinion, is ECB's reluctance to cut rates sooner and deeper, but it is explained by their mandate.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Yes, the explanation is good. In some cases, we mayn't want to see eye-to-eye with why those in government do what they do in some dire situations unless we find ourselves in their shoes.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Personally, I believe that central banks (especially, Fed, SNB and BoJ) are doing great right now in dealing with their challenges. The biggest mistake from the major central bank, in my opinion, is ECB's reluctance to cut rates sooner and deeper, but it is explained by their mandate.

We can agree to disagree, as I take the exact opposite stance than you on this one. I praise the ECB for not cutting rates more and think the Fed as well as BoJ will eventually pay for their mistakes.