Stochastic with Alert

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
Discuss Stochastic with Alert indicator (a simple indicator for notifications of overbought/oversold states and main/secondary line crosses of the Stochastic oscillator) for MT4 and MT5 in this thread. You can ask any questions about this indicator here.
this is great to add to my bband instrument, thanks Envid

which time frame is best or is it for all time frames?

Last edited by a moderator:

chris wicklow

Trader
Oct 19, 2016
Unfortunately, this indicator doesn't support divergence detection.
HI Enivid,
I really like this indicator, & if I could add divergence it would be fantastic. but I know nothing about coding, in your opinion how should I go about achieving this? or would I be better off looking for another stochastic divergence indicator instead? I came across this cci indicator, could I copy and paste that code into the stochastic indicator with a few minor changes, or is that crazy thinking
thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
HI Enivid,
I really like this indicator, & if I could add divergence it would be fantastic. but I know nothing about coding, in your opinion how should I go about achieving this? or would I be better off looking for another stochastic divergence indicator instead? I came across this cci indicator, could I copy and paste that code into the stochastic indicator with a few minor changes, or is that crazy thinking
thanks
Your best bet would be to change the CCI Divergence code to use the Stochastic instead of CCI for its input.

chris wicklow

Trader
Oct 19, 2016
HI Enivid,
thanks
thanks again, ill try do something

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
HI Enivid,
thanks
The CCI divergence is really an unreliable retail strategy unless you have yield spread values to support that slow money compression and fast money distribution trade idea. For any decent prop desk firms, they would have used CCI indicator strictly as a rolling 50 for the agriculture market like Soybeans etc.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Good day. please, at this point I can find buffer main and buffer signal. i want my signal to generate from the signal line. should i change all buffermain to buffersignal. how convenient will that be. check image. (https://ibb.co/K7WKdhg) thank you
Can't you just switch the AlertLine parameter to STOCH_SIGNAL?

Jajaofopobo

Trader
Sep 6, 2021
Thanks for the indicator

Can you help create a 4th option where it draws arrow when it "comes in" and the main line crosses signal line ? and if it is possible, the indicator shouldnt draw any sell arrow if it "comes in" the oversold region and vice versa.

Tried editing myself but keeps omiting some crossess

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for the indicator

Can you help create a 4th option where it draws arrow when it "comes in" and the main line crosses signal line ? and if it is possible, the indicator shouldnt draw any sell arrow if it "comes in" the oversold region and vice versa.

Tried editing myself but keeps omiting some crossess
I don't think, I will get to this in the next few years, but if you have some specific questions on coding that change yourself, I can try helping you out.