fxwalb

Master Trader
Dec 18, 2009
It looks like there is a bug in MetaTrader 5 for handling the corners. MetaTrader 4 version works fine. I've posted a bug report on MQL5 forum to find out more.

Thanks for the info. Did not know that there is a thread about this topic already.

giorgenio

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2010
Hi Enivid,
it is possible to have the text color changing according to candle direction?
I have modified already on which window to display it but I don't have idea about the color change, can you help me?

Thank you
Have a nice day
g.org
CH

Attachments

• Spread_GiP.mq4
    2.7 KB · Views: 71

semile

Trader
Feb 18, 2012
is it possible to add audio alert if spread value is above a set (user-defined) figure (both when normalize set to false (default) & true - I prefer the true setting...

semile

Trader
Feb 18, 2012
Please re-download the indicator and try this new feature. Let us know what you think.

Thank you! Looks good, I will be trying this out later when market re-opens.

I tried to edit the code to make pop-up window appear simultaneously by editing bits & pieces. Could you point me in right direction of how to achieve this. I thought maybe alert_done = false suppressed the popups, It didn't lead anywhere though. Your original idea may well be better suggestion anyway than needing popups (i.e. just the sound leaves the chart clear) though I would like to compare both if I can figure it out...

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
Hello,

does anybody know an example code to detect the average broker spread of a currency pair during the last x periods?

Have a nice week!
hugo

Oldie

Trader
Mar 12, 2013
I am attempting to add the spread indicator to my new laptop with Win8.1. I download the mql file but when compiling I receive the error message "EX3 write error". Can you help
Cheers Oldie

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
I'm looking to modify/add to this code to get the decimal place in the right place when applied to indices which are for the most part to one decimal place.

//Checking for unconvetional Point digits number
if (Point == 0.00001) Poin = 0.0001; //5 digits
else if (Point == 0.001) Poin = 0.01; //3 digits
else Poin = Point; //Normal

Would I be right in thinking

//Checking for unconvetional Point digits number
if (Point == 0.00001) Poin = 0.0001; //5 digits
else if (Point == 0.001) Poin = 0.01; //3 digits
else if (Point == 0.01) Poin = 0.1; //2 digits
else Poin = Point; //Normal

If the above is correct . . . would the same principal apply to 4 digits ?

else if (Point == 0.0001) Poin = 0.001; //4 digits

Would it not be better to select how many decimal places in the front office ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Try the attached version.

Set decimal places to the desired number. E.g. "1" if you want the spread to be normalized for 0.1 pip size.

Leave it 0 to use the default pip size.

Attachments

• Spread_Pips.mq4
    2.9 KB · Views: 28

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
With a decimal place setting of either 0 or 1 you get the same result which is the same result as the original indicator.

If it helps a setting of 2 adds another 0 to the result.