Script for semi-automated trading (Indicator actually)

JoshetRtg

Trader
Oct 23, 2020
Hi, I have been fan of this site since I began trading, I now have developed an strategy, ready to forward test after lot of backrest, but I want someone to help me with a script for MT4, or maybe a guide, tutorial about how to do it, cause I couldn't find how to do it, it's a complex one, I want this because it's for 5m timeframe, and I don't want to be front of my desk all day, I want to get an anticipated signal, get to my charts, read what it's happening, and wait to trigger my trade or not, as I said, semi automated trading, for better time management, it goes like this:

IF

Has SIGNAL crossed MACD? Yes (upward cross, doesn't matter if it happens below or above 0 MACD line)

AND

Then is A EMA Value >B EMA value>C EMA Value > D EMA Value (just greater not equal cause that means crosses between EMAs) ? Yes (Uptrend filter)

THEN send an alert sound and message POTENTIAL BUY, get to the charts

OR

Has MACD crossed SIGNAL? Yes (downward cross, as I said it doesn't matter if it happens below or above 0 MACD line)

AND

D DEMAValue>C EMA Value > B EMA Value > A EMA Value? Yes (downtrend filter)

Then send an alert sound and message
POTENTIAL SELL, Get to the charts

Maybe a graphic symbol like a vertical line with "POTENTIAL SELL/BUY" or a box, just in the bar close of the MACD and SIGNAL cross has happened

Thank you, that would be very helpful

Last edited:

JoshetRtg

Trader
Oct 23, 2020
It looks like you need an indicator, not a script. I am moving this to the MetaTrader Indicators section.
Yeah thank you, I just figured out how to do it these last days and just finished some minutes ago, and IT WORKS! Thank you anyway! It's great, now I can sleep well today

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid