Price Action Swing Trading - The PAST Strategy

mandirkumar

Trader
Oct 22, 2014
clarification

yesbank daily.pngHi Nigel,

I'am facing difficulty in deciding trend is bullish or bearish.Is this a bearish or bullish. If I view as a long term , it is bullish and for short term it is bearish.So If I see a reversal signal, shall I go long or short? as all trade decisions based on identifying a preceding trend.

chief

Confirmed Tickmill Representative
Oct 27, 2014
Hi folks

Having been through Nigel's video course I wanted to share the following with you all who are interested. One of the chapters in the course that I found particularly interesting was the chapters on expectancy. The calculator that Nigel provides with the course is great but I wanted to make something where it would tie into my own trade log.

I have created the attached spreadsheet which includes Nigel's 'Expectancy calculator' and 'In a Row' calculator where everything is automatically calculated for you as you log your trades in a simple trading journal.

Instructions for using this are as follows:

Column A - simply the number of your trade in sequence, ie. 1, 2, 3, 4 etc
Column B - Pair -EURUSD etc
Column C - Enter whether it is a buy or a sell.
Column D - Anchor Timeframe - A note of the timeframe where you spotted the PA signal
Column E - Risk % the % of your account balance you are risking on the trade
Column F - Risk £ the amount in money you are risking on the trade (please note the number needs to be a positive number)
Column G - How you actually entered the trade was it a break/retest or something else.
Column H - The finishing result of the trade Win(W), Loss(L), Break Even(BE). Please note you need to enter W or L or BE in this column for some formulas to work.
Column I - The amount you earn when the trade is closed fully.

Everything else is calculated automatically for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ac8gw71f2kz64g/PAST log Blank.xlsx?dl=0

Hope some of you find this useful.

Stuart
hi stuart, i found this post are usefull. but would you mind to reupload the file.
it alrady deleted. or any other member who still have this file.
as attachment would be good. thank you.

stuart1984

Master Trader
Mar 22, 2014
Scotland
Hi folks

I haven't done a huge amount of posting recently. I have been working very hard to try and evolve the basic PAST strategy outlined in the e-book into something that I am 100% comfortable with and that fits my own personality and the time I have available in the markets during the busy trading periods.

I have consciously been avoiding putting posts in here because I did not want to confuse anyone about what I was doing and the way I was entering trades. I am still very much following the underlying principles of the PAST strategy (I prefer to think about it as the PAST mentality!!!!)

Over the coming weeks I am going to write exactly what I am doing up into a document and I will share it here for anyone that is interested.

Happy trading folks

Stuart

stuart1984

Master Trader
Mar 22, 2014
Scotland
View attachment 4926Hi Nigel,

I'am facing difficulty in deciding trend is bullish or bearish.Is this a bearish or bullish. If I view as a long term , it is bullish and for short term it is bearish.So If I see a reversal signal, shall I go long or short? as all trade decisions based on identifying a preceding trend.

Hi Mandir

I am not sure what this asset is but from the picture you have posted, If it is the daily chart you are using for your anchor signal then I would say the short term preceding trend is bullish and I would be looking for a short signal on the daily. If you are trading something other than the daily the picture could be very different.

Hope this helps

Stuart

chief

Confirmed Tickmill Representative
Oct 27, 2014
Hi folks

I haven't done a huge amount of posting recently. I have been working very hard to try and evolve the basic PAST strategy outlined in the e-book into something that I am 100% comfortable with and that fits my own personality and the time I have available in the markets during the busy trading periods.

I have consciously been avoiding putting posts in here because I did not want to confuse anyone about what I was doing and the way I was entering trades. I am still very much following the underlying principles of the PAST strategy (I prefer to think about it as the PAST mentality!!!!)

Over the coming weeks I am going to write exactly what I am doing up into a document and I will share it here for anyone that is interested.

Happy trading folks

Stuart
good to go Stuart. :)
would be to have a ebook version of your trading strategies, been wandering around and read page per page of this thread, kind of tiring process.
while an ebook version would be a great help for others.
regards

stuart1984

Master Trader
Mar 22, 2014
Scotland

anukrh

Master Trader
May 16, 2014
INDIA
EURJPY_SELL_Weekly anchor chart_ long wick pin bar signal

Hi Friends!

pls. refer below chart EURJPY_Sell

Anu

Attachments

• EURJPY_SELL_WEEKLY_long wick pin bar.jpg
    EURJPY_SELL_WEEKLY_long wick pin bar.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 25

stuart1984

Master Trader
Mar 22, 2014
Scotland
Hey guys

I have come across a few MT4 indicators and scripts that I find extremely useful while trading and so I thought I would share them here.

First up is a spread indicator - very simple, just shows you your spread on your chart

Second is a scale fix indicator - Allows you to toggle scale fix on/off at the touch of a button

Lastly is Easy Order - This is a very handy script that lets you use horizontal lines to place your orders and set SL and 2 TPs. The best thing is you can set your risk as a % of account balance and the script automatically calculates the appropriate position size. I will record a quick video to show how to use this as it is much easier than explaining in writing.

Stuart

Attachments

• Easy Order.zip
    13 KB · Views: 27
  • Display Spread.ex4
    10.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Scale fix v1.mq4
    4.9 KB · Views: 27

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
As mentioned in the post above, please see the link below for a quick video on how to use the tools attached in the post above.

http://youtu.be/C3gCve9T5ss

Hopefully some of you will find this useful.

Stuart

I like the look of that Easy Order one Stuart! I have to admit, I'm a bit of a technophobe when it comes to rooting around inside MT4. When they updated it earlier in the year I nearly had a breakdown :D

Abercrombie

Trader
Jun 13, 2014
California
Hello Nigel,
I also want to thank you for posting the videos. Hearing your thoughts in reaction to the market in real time is great. There isn't nearly as much to glean from trades that go exactly as planned. Hearing and seeing your reactions when the market isn't going with the plan is quite helpful. Thanks again.

Jonathan

Abercrombie

Trader
Jun 13, 2014
California
I didn't see much in the way of setups in the weekly charts. I will be watching AUDJPY for a possible short setup, the psychological level of 100.00 seems to be providing major support.

I won't be surprised to see market activity levels taper, as is typical for this time of the year (as we head into the holidays).

Happy hunting fellow pip hunters!