Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It's available, MT4, MT5, and Tradingview, just testing for any interest, thanks.

PSAR? - No, the exact name of the indicator is in the tile and on the chart, how to make it any more clear?
It looks similar to PSAR.
Also, if there are versions for MT4 and MT5, why not share them here?

Erebus

Trader
Mar 30, 2021
Strathpine, Queensland, Australia
Making the assumption that MT5 users know how to use the Market, it's so easy, good luck.
Post automatically merged:

For the MT4 users, you will have to use old tech, do the usual download, copy & paste, refresh, and voila, there is the indicator.

Attachments

• 2023-12-29_10-43-49.jpg
    2023-12-29_10-43-49.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 15
  • Pivot Point Supertrend BT.mq4
    26.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Making the assumption that MT5 users know how to use the Market, it's so easy, good luck.
Post automatically merged:

For the MT4 users, you will have to use old tech, do the usual download, copy & paste, refresh, and voila, there is the indicator.
Supertrend was my second guess, but this one is based on rolling pivot points. Interesting!

Are you using it in actual trading? It gives quite a lot of false signals, which is a usual problem with Supertrend unfortunately.

• 👍
Reactions: Erebus

Erebus

Trader
Mar 30, 2021
Supertrend was my second guess, but this one is based on rolling pivot points. Interesting!

Are you using it in actual trading? It gives quite a lot of false signals, which is a usual problem with Supertrend unfortunately.

Yes, I am experimenting with it, but as you know, it's the end of the year so conditions are not the best. I think it will be best to use it like triple screen process, find the longer trends, get in on the shorter retracements to join that trend, keeping an eye on strong vs weak and ADR movements.

Couple of quick gold trades, sell at London, hit TP, sell at New York, exit on trailing SL.

2023-12-30_6-39-19.jpg

Erebus

Trader
Mar 30, 2021
There was a suggestion on YouTube that the Pivot Point Super Trend (PPST) could be used with the regular Super Trend (ST).

The charts I have posted, I used half of the default settings because the default settings are wide, but here I used default and looked for confirming ST within the PPST lines; easier to see on charts.

First on the Daily, there is the initial hint of trend change by the ST, and when the PPST line is tagged, there is 100 pips retracement; note the previous price action swing of this pair.

2023-12-30_11-22-19.jpg

Looking at those Daily levels on the 4-Hour chart, there is a ST line break within the PPST line, at those levels, 300 drop, surely enough to capture some profits.

2023-12-30_11-23-18.jpg

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
But then it's not the Pivot Point Super Trend anymore, I don't understand why you would make that comparison.
What do you mean "not the Pivot Point Super Trend anymore"? The one on that chart is still PPST. The comparison helps to see that PPST doesn't offer some significant improvement over the standard ST.