Overlay Chart

1pips

Trader
Oct 6, 2022
I made a small modification if anyone finds it useful.
1. you can put the indicator on the same chart as many times as you want, because I dynamically change the name, per the idea of: Enivid
2. you can enter how many bars to use (for example 1000), because in the current version the chart is recalculated every time the chart changes(zoom, scroll), and sometimes it's not convenient, now if you enter a number other than 0, the graphics will not be recalculated unless you change the timeframe.

Attachments

• OverlayChart.ex5
    21.2 KB · Views: 10
  • OverlayChart.mq5
    14.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
Thank you

Thnak you for the idea Enivid
Loneblade: If you point your mouse over the overlay char you will see tha name of the instrument.
Yes, but most of them time I end up clicking on the scale instead (I actually don't use the scale anyway I put to none in colors). Hence, I would have this overlay indicator showing the instrument names on the right side of the price scale instead. eg, 5 lines with 5 labels on the right-hand side so I don't have to move the mouse every time.

Zokran

Trader
Nov 13, 2022
It took me quite long, but I have finally updated the MQL5 version of the OverlayChart indicator to properly synchronize subcharts that have fewer (or more) bars than the host chart. For example, here is the EUR/USD chart with S&P500 index futures overlaid on H1 timeframe - when there are not enough bars, no subsymbol bar appears on the chart:

View attachment 14827

And this is the German DAX30 index futures chart with EUR/USD added to it. When there is no place to display the more frequent EUR/USD bars, they are skipped:

View attachment 14828
Thank you ..... for share it

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Overlay Chart indicator has been updated to version 1.04 to make it easier to work with multiple overlays on a single chart:
1. Added the ObjectPrefix parameter to distinguish scale objects for different overlays.
2. Added the GridEnabled parameter to disable chart grid.
overlay-chart-indicator-two-charts.png

Attachments

• OverlayChart.ex5
    20.7 KB · Views: 7
  • OverlayChart.mq5
    14.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 👍
Reactions: PipsHunterAK47