Otkat

robbi

Active Trader
Aug 10, 2009
a little backtest-result

this funny EA interested me, because this EA opens a trade only in the first 3 minutes of a day, and not on mondays or fridays.

with EURUSD 5 Minutes Chart I made a backtest 2006/08/17-2009/08/17.
(results have modelquality 90%)

in these three years this EA made 89 trades (80 win trades, 9 loss trades)

it was set on default with takeprofit 8 pips, stoploss 51 pips, and at the end of each day an open trade was closed automatically by this EA, if takeprofit or stoploss didnt happened.

with a 10.000Dollar accout and 0.1 Lot fixed trading size (no money management in this EA) there is a profit of 250 Dollars after these 3 years (710 Dollars profits and 460 Dollars losses), but this profit is a result of the last 9 months only. In the first 2 years profits and losses are almost the same.

maximum drawdown: 164 Dollar or 1.6% (remember I used 0.1 lot at 10.000 Dollar account, with 1 Lot it would have been 1640 Dollar or 16%)

average number of win trades after each other: 8
maximum number of win trades after each other: 22
maximum number of loss trades after each other: 1
(interesting for moneymanagement)

My personal result: Its a really funny EA for people who need an EA which does his entry in the market in 3 minutes a day from tuesday to thursday, if conditions are good.

The work of this EA could be done manual too.

emari2

Trader
May 2, 2012
Otkar expert advisor do not work in MT5

I downloaded the advisor. Compile it in MT5 I got these errors.
Variable cnt, ticket, total not used
'ORDER_FILLING_CANCEL' undeclared identifier.

I change int cnt=0 int ticket=0 and int total=0 and the no error now but I do not know which value has to be given to 'ORDER_FILLING_CANCEL' and similars
Regards

emari2

Trader
May 2, 2012
Fine!

I am glad I could helped you on that. I installed it right now over Instatrader 5 on a new H1 window. I only have the basic created screen. Is it necessary to install any other indicator?. What If I use my configured window for manual trade ?. I supose that I will see results after next week.
Regards

emari2

Trader
May 2, 2012
server time for an EA

Can anyone tell me which is the server-GMT difference for the otkat EA in a Forex Club LLX Metatrader 4?. I got for example: GMT 1158 and Server Time 2058 which makes a 9 hours difference.is it -9, -8 or- 7 the parameter to enter?. Regards.

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Have any of you reduced the TP as suggested? I am trying 4 pips in Oanda and waiting to see if there is an ordersend error...this may take a while as this EA does not trade often...so I was just curious if there are any replies before I fond out ☺

I use a 1K account and can tolerate up to a 30% DD. So I bumped up the lot size to 0.02 from the default of 0.01....(in oanda that is 20 cents a pip on a 1:50 leverage).

ES

Last edited:

dcmb

Trader
Jul 6, 2012
Hi,

I kept getting the error when I run in Strategy Tester:

"22:36:56 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FXDD Malta - MetaTrader 4\experts\Otkat.ex4' on the ,"

Before this I was running the AUDJPY Wednesday EA and it completed fine.

When I click open chart it open up the AUDJPY chart also I've selected EURUSD.

Is there some sort of cache or "memory" that I need to clear before running a new EA?

Thanks.

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
apparantly I need 8 pips....but that is what demo's are for...I thought Oanda's MT4 had rules that was less than 8 pips distance....hmmmm....

Have any of you reduced the TP as suggested? I am trying 4 pips in Oanda and waiting to see if there is an ordersend error...this may take a while as this EA does not trade often...so I was just curious if there are any replies before I fond out ☺

I use a 1K account and can tolerate up to a 30% DD. So I bumped up the lot size to 0.02 from the default of 0.01....(in oanda that is 20 cents a pip on a 1:50 leverage).

ES

Last edited:

ElectricSavant

Active Trader
Dec 8, 2010
Nice EA, thus far.

Can we get the triangle and the dotted line painted on the screen when the trade closes?

ES

Last edited: