myFXOverEasy

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Hello everybody,

So i began to test live (in demomode) on the 3 may 2010 on a VPS server your strategy,and for the beginning the results are great,in a few days i will post the results.

But a question,why are you trading against the original FXovereasysystem?

Is this system backtestable,and so try to optimize the system?

I am using the normal settings you recommend for Eur usd in 15 min Timeframe,but i am wondering why you have choose a RiskRwgard factor less than 1??

But until now the system looks great.

Please some comments :)

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
your great system

Hello,

I am trying your system since the 3 may 2010 ( with the setting you recommend for the EURUSD in the 15 min Timeframe) in live (demomode) with a vps server,until now it looks great with the results. I will post them in an excell file in a few days,so stay connected.......:)

But i have a few questions :

Why do you trade against the original Fxovereasy system,better results?? It seems to be counter trend trading...

Why do you choose a Riskreward less than 1?

Is your strategy backtestable? How can we optimize it? (important)

Please leave some comments,why this system like very good.

And for your answer i will tell everything what i am seeing on your strategy:p

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Why do you trade against the original Fxovereasy system,better results?? It seems to be counter trend trading...

Why do you choose a Riskreward less than 1?

Is your strategy backtestable? How can we optimize it? (important)

Please leave some comments,why this system like very good.

And for your answer i will tell everything what i am seeing on your strategy:p

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
fxtrader2345, no need to post the same questions three times.

11 days is a period too small to judge the EA, even if it's winning and profitable.

Reward/Risk less than 1 was a result of optimization.

Yes, it's backtestable. It was backtested and optimized on a period from 2006-11-19 to 2007-11-19 for USD/CHF 4-hour chart.

It trades against the strategy because backtests showed better results this way. Yes, it trades against the trend but it manages to catch the pull-backs.

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Hy again,

Sorry for the same copies of my past messages,i haven t seen that at first you must accept the message,my apologizes.

First of all,thanks for the fast response.Now i understand why you trade countertrend....
Do you use Metatrader for the backtests. How many times per year do you reoptimize your inputs? Do you have perhaps a link how you backtested it?

Are your inputs for EURUSD in 15min Tf also for the moment good,or should i try to reoptimize the settings?

Thanks

FXtrader2345

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Do you use Metatrader for the backtests. How many times per year do you reoptimize your inputs? Do you have perhaps a link how you backtested it?

I've optimized it only one time during that period.

Are your inputs for EURUSD in 15min Tf also for the moment good,or should i try to reoptimize the settings?

I believe that the default inputs are good only for USD/CHF 4H.

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Hy

I am continuing to test your system since the 3 th may until now in a vps server and the results are for the moment great,ok i know i must test it on the long run....
For the moment i have started with 3000 USD and the actual equity is 5750 USD and this traded with one standard lot.
The input parameters are the default parameters,Stoploss = 110 , TP= 160 , lots = 0.1, movestops =false , Eur/Usd pair trading ( these parameters were optimized like it is written on the sourcecode,i use the fxovereasy 1.0.3 expert advisor
"Admin,how can i upload an excell file for showing the traders the equity curve and the different trades?"

I will put every weekend the trading results if i can put an excell file on this forum.

P.S All the trades are closed manually before the weekend begins ( the last few minutes before the end of the forex week ,on friday evening)

Good trades to everybody

Fxtrader2345

Last edited:

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Hello

Thanks,
First i am using it on a demo plattform at 15 min Timeframe with the broker FXDD-MT4 Demo Server,the start equity is 3000 USD.
We can see that :"Sometimes high profits can be interrupted with a row of losses is true!!!!!" Look at the excell chart.

If the results continue like this ,in 2-3 months i will let it trade for me in a real account,perhaps Alpari UK mini account with 10000 lots,so the results of each trade will be divided by 10,thats good if too much trades in a row goes on the wrong direction. It will work like a forexrobot.

If you think i should change the stoploss and TP ,tell me please,but until now i use your advice :"Parameters are optimized for EUR/USD M15 chart and $1,000 account */

Admin,have you tested your strategy in live,or only in demomode like me?

Attachments

• resultats fxoverasy.htm
    10.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Here are the results in a doc file :)

Admin,would the results in live modus be more accurate than in demo mode,surely they would correspond more the reality,perhaps should i let it run on a micro account,but do you have a personal choice for the Broker?
I really want to test it on the best and true conditions to see if this EA has a chance to be positive in the future....

:)

Attachments

• results_ fxovereasy_ standard_parameters.doc
    148 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Hello,

Here s the results of this past week together with the beginning of my test
I open an real account with forexlite with 50 DOLLARS;so i will test it in the real forex
Again i let all the input parameters as they are written by the Administrator.

The demo mode will continue like now,but also the real account will begin today evening

Admin,what will this EA do if the Broker is making requotes? Will this Ea sent again a new order because of the requotes?

Be the pips with us

:) :)

Attachments

• results_ fxovereasy_ standard_parameters.doc
    183.5 KB · Views: 41

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Hello,

Hm your ea didn t trade on real account ,i got red circles with a white line in the Journal submenus , and it s written : Old Tick EUR/USD 1.19010/1.19030 a few times
In the experts menu the trades are written like :
myfxovereasy EURUSD,M15: Long: 1.1947 but no confirmation,so the trades haven t been made.

In demomode everything fine.
NB i have everything like in demomode,also the smile in the upper right side

Here s the outputs in a picture:

Nobody can help me,is that an issue of RAM,CPU usage,slippage,requotes????:eek:

Nobody has a small real account to test it with me?

Thankx

Attachments

• experts.jpg
    experts.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 51
  • journal.jpg
    journal.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 38

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Perhaps i found it,i have a lite account,and the minimum lot input is 0.1 and not 0.01 lots !!! my input parameter was 0.01

For me 1 pip = 1 cent :)

I will tell you tomorow if they are some opened trades

:)

fxtrader2345

Active Trader
May 15, 2010
Hello,

Now it is working,my fault was only the lotsize, how i explained above on the previous post. I have the same entries like the demomode in 2 other brokersoftware......

Stay tuned

:D

Greg

Trader
Dec 8, 2010
I made some backtest this strategy on USDCHF 4H and seems it is useless. random results.

Regards
/Greg