MQ4 Code Works

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
So to help me understand, how is it that you sum your counts?I think that is the gist of what you’re saying. And I admit , I know you’ve said it in the past.

But if you get a signal on the M30 or H1, how do you summarize everything all the way back to the 43200? Or, if
You get a signal on one timeframe, so you only look “X” timeframes above for confirmation?

Similarly, how do you summmarize based on signals and time frames?
//-----

that will take a while to answer..... part of it overlaps my questions about your thoughts on the gbpcad and usdchf.... which i still have not time to answer..... part would require me to look at my mq4 code.....

you mentioned before about profit targets....... for these next 3 posts , lets focus only on 20 and 30 pips..... nothing more nothing less.....

look at the chfjpy chart .....

can you tell me, only from the chart what the jjma and jfatl counts are now..... without putting the indicator on....

if you know roughly what the count is now, which is not all that hard, you can roughly work it back to 0......

try to visualize the count on both , jjma and jfatl, before looking at the next post.....h
//----
chfjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png

//---

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
i started to answer you last night but ran out of time..... i randomly chose the chfjpy 240.....

now, look at the 240 chfjpy on this chart...... the jjma and jjfatl are always the 5th and 6th in each row......

their counts last night were lime 1 and lime 2......

can you roughly visualize the last 5 bars knowing only those numbers at that point in time...... if so, what will be the counts 2 bars from now and what will the chart look like...... of course roughly..... we can not be precise.....

just try to visualize the last 5 bars ...... roughly.....

keep in mind, what follows a lime 1.......

what is the average jjma and jfatl length.....

what is the chfjpy 240 atr.....

could that give you a realistic profit target......h
//-----

usdjpy-d1-oanda-division1-sum-some-sum.png

//----

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
now here is this mornings chart..... again look at the 240 chyjpy.......

so what followed a lime 1..... how far did the chfjpy move in the last 8 hours..... would you have made that 20 to 30 pips....

that's how i visually see it..... of course i really don't look at the numbers...... i could and used to ..... now metatrader scripts run thru everything and with preset parameters give me the best choices.....

i place the trades with profit targets and the market does the rest.....

by no means perfect but suits my limited time.... .h
//------

usdjpy-d1-oanda-division1-240-chfjpy.png

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
//-----

that will take a while to answer..... part of it overlaps my questions about your thoughts on the gbpcad and usdchf.... which i still have not time to answer..... part would require me to look at my mq4 code.....

you mentioned before about profit targets....... for these next 3 posts , lets focus only on 20 and 30 pips..... nothing more nothing less.....

look at the chfjpy chart .....

can you tell me, only from the chart what the jjma and jfatl counts are now..... without putting the indicator on....

if you know roughly what the count is now, which is not all that hard, you can roughly work it back to 0......

try to visualize the count on both , jjma and jfatl, before looking at the next post.....h
//----
chfjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png

//---
I will admit, I’m not as comfortable with those, BUT, I know they are quicker. That last up leg would have me thinking 4 complete bars, with the currently unfinished bar potentially being 5 or zero.

Close? I know it should follow that up leg pretty close,

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
i started to answer you last night but ran out of time..... i randomly chose the chfjpy 240.....

now, look at the 240 chfjpy on this chart...... the jjma and jjfatl are always the 5th and 6th in each row......

their counts last night were lime 1 and lime 2......

can you roughly visualize the last 5 bars knowing only those numbers at that point in time...... if so, what will be the counts 2 bars from now and what will the chart look like...... of course roughly..... we can not be precise.....

just try to visualize the last 5 bars ...... roughly.....

keep in mind, what follows a lime 1.......

what is the average jjma and jfatl length.....

what is the chfjpy 240 atr.....

could that give you a realistic profit target......h
//-----

usdjpy-d1-oanda-division1-sum-some-sum.png

//----
I can feel my brain over thinking …

Visualizing the last 5 bars… my guess would be something like an upward fractal leading From the bearish JJMA/JFATL to the lime 1/2 of those indicators.

Two bars from now it wouldn’t be hard to assume a lime 3/4. If I recall my averages (I’d need to run scripts again), those Indy’s are very fast and averages I believe 3 or 4 bars per signal. So the chart would potentially look like a small upward pulse in two bars either retracing last leg, or exceeding it.

This is where the money as at, both on the chart and our convo: could the ATR help build a profit target. I say yes and no and pose you with this question:

In two bars, I would expect a lime 3/4. The other point to consider, is if lime 4 turns to red 1, that lime 4 would have actually already started the downward move. So you may have a full 2 bars left in count, and you may get them, but do you get the full 240 ATR in a single direction in the next two bars? Better yet, do you get it even with 3 more bars in your count? I think you could, but I think a smaller pt is the way to go. Would LOVE your opinion here.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//----
occasionally if enough people talk about something it will become to be for no other reason than they began talk about it......

just sold the eurusd...... target 0.999999..... i will leave that party first.... with just enough money to buy 100 pounds of corn for my deer feeders....

that's how a hayseed thinks......h
//-----

before debit cards, can remember carrying the same 20$ bill for weeks and weeks..... seemed the minute you spent 1 penny of it, the rest would just vanish.... there was always a funny feeling that something else had vanished along with it..... maybe the security of knowing it was there and unbreakable.... not sure....

the eurusd might toy with 1, and us, many times now..... crossing back and forth..... like a cat and a mouse.....

make no mistake....... we are the mouse......h

//-------

5 9s.jpg

• 👍
Reactions: TradeChaser

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
Two bars from now it wouldn’t be hard to assume a lime 3/4. If I recall my averages (I’d need to run scripts again), those Indy’s are very fast and averages I believe 3 or 4 bars per signal.
Looks like I was right about the Lime 3 and Lime 4! I believe I am understanding you’re view on the signals themselves.

I think an oversimplified view is that if you get a Lime 1, you can on good conscious out a buy trade at market and, with a reasonable profit target, assume you’ll get it.

I would love to learn more about discretion. How the other indicators on the same time frame help you to avoid or take a signal. How other timeframes altogether help you to avoid or take a signal, etc.

Because I know it can’t be as easy as “Buy on JJMA Lime 1. Sell on JJMA red 1”.

If it were , I feel that you wouldn’t have so many elaborate dashboards and EA’s could be a single line long!

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Because I know it can’t be as easy as “Buy on JJMA Lime 1. Sell on JJMA red 1”.

If it were , I feel that you wouldn’t have so many elaborate dashboards and EA’s could be a single line long!
//----

tried to explain the whimsical trades..... actually harder to do than first thought.....

have you ever noticed the ex file can be multiple times larger than the same named mq4...... one might go from 8 kb mq4 to a 540 kb ex,,,,,,,

while another might have a 2 kb mq4 and a 6 kb ex.......

the dashboards were more for understanding than trading...... your seeing only a small part of whats available.....

such as, every number has the $value in movement between it and the prior number..... as example, if i hold the mouse over a 2, it shows me what was made/loss between 1 and 2.....

with dashboards i'm kinda like a beagle cold trailing a rabbit...... wandering around wondering while chasing my own tail......h
//------

mq4 vs ex.jpg
//-----

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
When it comes to this data that MT4 spits back to you, I understand it is a summation of sorts, among other algorithms you have created.

Do you count up your Limes and your Magenta's as simply 1's and -1's?

I was thinking of making a script that counted everything, but what threw me was how do you had a Lime 2 Alma to a Lime 7 PSAR? neither are quite past their average.

My gut is telling me to do the following:

If a signal is stale (past average), it is 0.
If a signal is lime, it is 1
If a signal is magenta, it is -1.

I suppose if you got a buy signal on the 240, perhaps the counts are negative, so now is not the time. The same buy signal on the M15, the sum (if the short term is bullish) could outweigh the overall sum and make way for a smaller trade.

Just so you don't think you're talking to a wall, I assure you are making good sense, and I am picking up a lot.

What I have learned:
- the actual signal is immaterial, and that is because there is more at play than the single time frame and single indicator that creates a signal.
- you can make your trading life a lot easer thru common sense (do you really want to be selling if AO is above 0?).

What I need to learn, and I understand is likely well beyond anything you want to share - what do I ask the computer to tell me.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Do you count up your Limes and your Magenta's as simply 1's and -1's?
//----

on this chart, look only at the eurnzd and only at the 10080...... nothing else..... dont look at the eurnzd weekly chart itself.....

from the numbers try to visualize weekly eurnzd chart...... zigzag is on the left, lime 3...... then jjma, jfatl, alma, macd , ao and so on......

what do you think follows a 2..... would you buy or sell....

//------

in order of importance, not necessarily it's position on the dashboard,

first is the zizag,,,, past price action

second is jjma,,,, trend

third is jfatl,,,, trend

fourth is alma..... trend

fifth is macd,,,,, momentum

sixth is ao,,,,, momentum

seventh is qqe,,,,, strength

eight is tsr ,,,,,, longer trend

along with psar, bbbands past price action

and ljsig

think in terms of average length......h
//----

usdjpy-m30-oanda-division1-eurnzd.png

Last edited:

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
//----

on this chart, look only at the eurnzd and only at the 10080...... nothing else..... dont look at the eurnzd weekly chart itself.....

from the numbers try to visualize weekly eurnzd chart...... zigzag is on the left, lime 3...... then jjma, jfatl, alma, macd , ao and so on......

what do you think follows a 2..... would you buy or sell....

//------

in order of importance, not necessarily it's position on the dashboard,

first is the zizag,,,, past price action

second is jjma,,,, trend

third is jfatl,,,, trend

fourth is alma..... trend

fifth is macd,,,,, momentum

sixth is ao,,,,, momentum

seventh is qqe,,,,, strength

eight is tsr ,,,,,, longer trend

along with psar, bbbands past price action

and ljsig

think in terms of average length......h
//----

usdjpy-m30-oanda-division1-eurnzd.png
I would have to say seller. A lot of magenta. And what is magenta is fresh. And what is lime, in some of the instances, is what I would believe is past average (for example, the lime 5)

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
How did I do?
//---

the markets will let us know in a couple weeks..... ecb is on deck next week.....

on average that up zigzag leg should stand 3 more normal weeks ...... now is not normal so who can say..... ecb has a lose if they do or lose if they don't deal in front of them.....

i'm short right now but will be out of it before the euro rate news.....

fireworks are best viewed from a safe distance.....h
//-----
eurnzd-w1-oanda-division1-mega-max-3.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
How did I do?
//----

in your 100$, 1 trade, 1$ a day account, how were you figuring on choosing trades.....

that's 1% per day..... did you have some plan with rules..... very few can make 1% per day even with rules..... without some sort of premade plan , odds of success are less than 0.....

on something like this, might be best to list the pairs by currency groups...... then first decide on a filter that should not be broken except in preapproved situations.....

then work your way across with similar rules that need no explanation no matter someones language..... it needs to be somewhat consistent......

pop up alerts and push notifications can help....

don't underestimate the difficulty here..... .h
//-----

usdjpy-d1-ftmo-s-r-100-1-1.png

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
make it simple and consistent.....

you can get fancy with difficult to comprehend and abstract terms in the alerts and push notifications.....

traffic lights are universal......h
//----

usdjpy-d1-ftmo-s-r-dumb-it-down.png

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
//----

in your 100$, 1 trade, 1$ a day account, how were you figuring on choosing trades.....
On the trade I recently posted, it was purely at a glance. Seeing the existing downtrend, I figured I was going to flip a coin, I would bet on a short position and assume 10 pips would come at some point. Not a sustainable approach, but answering the question on my most recent trade looking for a $1.

on something like this, might be best to list the pairs by currency groups...... then first decide on a filter that should not be broken except in preapproved situations.....

I don't want to seem too obtuse, but on your last post on the in search of minimum wage, you mentioned acting on recently formed tops/zz legs by shorting up legs on the smaller timeframe (4H).

Do you want me to more or less not try this and work on the dashboard and first deciding on a filter?

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Do you want me to more or less not try this and work on the dashboard and first deciding on a filter?
//-----

it depends on your purpose......

if your just long range investing with a large account and the long term trend is down, you might just simply just place sells every pip for 500 pips up and down..... no filter no trigger ....... just blast the market and wait...... i have scripts that do that and would not have them if they did not work at appropriate times.....

even short term, such as 1 week, at times i'll blast the 240 with 50 orders every pip at night..... timing is critical..... oanda and fifo make that difficult....
//-----

making 1$ on 1 trade using 0.01 lot in a 100$ account per day is on the verge of impossible..... at least for me......

it would require several considerable thought in advance...... a filter would be my first goal...... followed by a second filter from a different family..... followed by a third filter from yet a different family.....

such as a moving average first..... then strength...... then momentum.....

the actual trigger could be a best guess indicator , like zigzag, or continuation indicator , like psar......

i would put all this and much more in a dashboard...

doing the impossible requires a lot of thought......h
//-----
usdjpy-d1-ftmo-s-r-ftmo.png

//-----

TradeChaser

Active Trader
May 12, 2020
How do
You determine what family an indicator belongs to? And do you have a preference of order?

For example trend first, strength second? Or does it simply not matter?

I’ll sue your info from a couple of posts ago as a guide. But I’ve never fully grasped what is strength vs trend etc