Mistakes in real account

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Many traders do the trade in demo account and they are doing quite well, but when they enter in real trade they only face losing? What’s the reason and mistakes which creates this failure?

I think the reason is because in demo account there is no pressure and emotion so we are nothing to lose when trading in demo account but when we trade in real account there is pressure and emotion that make our trading is become bad. Traders often make many mistakes when they are trading on real account. But i think the common mistakes is that they do not set-up stop loss for their transactions. They should trade forex without stop loss because it is the fastest way to lose all money.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Hmm, on one hand yeah, some of the broker's demo varies from the real account and may not reflect real time quotes or market conditions. But apart from that, the demo - in my opinion should be used to streamline strategies and these strategies should work on the live account as they do on the demo.

On the confidence factor, guess that could be part of the problem but would guess that the reason most newbies lose money when trading live is due to lack of application or that they just did not bother to research anything.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
We do several mistakes when we come to real trading. First is the difference of capital in demo and real account we can not manage easily risk with low investment in real account. 2nd main reason for loss is emotional involvement in trading. it efffects on decisions , some times we loose our sure profit too.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The reason is that you don't learn how to trade in a demo account and that you actually don't trade. I always tell newbies to forget about demo accounts as they are a waste of time and a great myth.

You will not learn how to trade (there are very very few exceptions) in a demo account and all you do is waste your time.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
yes intent to earn profit is low, but sure its a good way to test your knowledge initially.....

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
As mentioned earlier, there are two schools of thoughts but all said and done, a demo acc just cannot match up to a live account, for real market trading conditions. A demo account is to be used to work out what goes where and to develop a viable trading strategy. And once that's done, you move on to live account, pref small.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
I think one of the reasons why demo successes end up losing big in real accounts is the simple but secret truth that demos don't practically represent live accounts. Do you encounter delays in demos, do you hit wrong execution points in demos? No, what is even worse is that some brokers make their demos very far from reality of live accounts; most robots interpret charts more perfectly in demos, softwares backtested in demo positively don't get to be so in real accounts. The worse thing is that some licensed brokers devilishly differ quotes and feeds; for example their indicators for 5 min charts works perfectly on demo, try them in real accounts and you would shed tears. Most of these regulated brokers criminally make their demo accounts so promising that they may appear better than offshore brokers; when they really are not.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
We do many mistakes in real account thinking it as much as bigger demo was. here we do not make steps to manage risk and have a great loss due to insufficient funds in real trading. In real trading emotional involvement is more than demo trading. we are in hurry to become rich that is really a big mistake in real trading.

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
The real mistake in trading is that we focus so much on how too become rich quickly, thereby eliminating the notion of risk and loss...

Akriti

Confirmed IFC Markets Representative
Jul 23, 2013
India
I guess if we have patience.. we will be more successful.. The real reason is that in demo account we do not deal with real money... but when we invest.. when we lose in reality, surely it's a pressure... also, we are greed )... when we are having profit.. we always want more and more.. and we want to have more profit at once... we do not want to wait...I think we should be more accurate with our emotions and patience..!

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
A successful trader thinks in terms of pips, not $$$.
As a matter of fact, when it comes to it, we all tend to get greedy, that's human nature. The challenge lies in focusing more on the strategy and trade rather than the $

fx abser

Trader
Nov 5, 2013
signaltoday
psychological is the main term which differ between real and demo. when you trade in demo you have no headache the trade win or loose but when you trade in real you have pressure whether the trade loose or profit.many trader close the trade to take some profit but when the trade against him, he wait for profit.he wait and wait for long time thats gradually he lost his maximum equity.

rrayne20009

Trader
Sep 13, 2013
I guess if we have patience.. we will be more successful.. The real reason is that in demo account we do not deal with real money... but when we invest.. when we lose in reality, surely it's a pressure... also, we are greed )... when we are having profit.. we always want more and more.. and we want to have more profit at once... we do not want to wait...I think we should be more accurate with our emotions and patience..!

I do agree,without patience, you are almost guaranteed to struggle or fail as a trader.

baliforex

Banned
Nov 9, 2013
bank comunity
Trading in forex must be in perfect condition. Focus,good money management,emotion management,strategy management, and discipline...
Only those keys that will make you success in forex trade.:)

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
Indeed, it is not easy to stay cool and level-headed when you see great advancement in your trading. Inspired with ocassional success traders become to overtrade, abuse their luck, feel self-conceited and make many other mistakes. And regrettable results will not be kept waiting...

Aug 22, 2013
Yes exactly I agree with you that in forex trading we need to be very much patience and we have to take good time in learning also.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
And always remember that a trader needs to walk before he can hope to run the mile..and yes, without patience, you're going to end up wiping out that account..

tabalo

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Feb 20, 2013
I think a mistake easily occur in real account is you take profit too short and close trade too far. Since you're afraid of losing money so often put TP very near the market price (30-50 pips). But when the market price reverse, you increase the Stop Loss and it made you lost more...

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Another thing to consider in trading live, is the emotions involve plus the fact they have re-quotes which is a bummer if your a newbie.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Please advertise your services in the right section and do not spam the threads..it is very irritating, and in line with fleas and other parasitic vermin..