Is there gender discrimination in forex

praise

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I have found out that many companies make use of male traders mostly in advertising their product than the females, could it be that the male traders are smarter than the females or because they see females as no important tools in boosting their products? don't you think there is gender discrimination in the business world today? I have wondered round in forex and my conclusion was that there are more males who are interested in trading forex than the females, could it be that the females sees forex as a waste of time or they sees forex as gambling? take a careful look at this forum, you will still find out that there are more male traders than the females? I think its high time females rose to their feet and know where they are fit in

goodness

Trader
May 20, 2014
There is no gender discrimination in forex. Some females sees forex as a waste of time, they also think only males can trade forex and be successful. Some female sees forex as gambling and would not want to put their money at risk.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
What? Nope..while I agree with you that most traders tend to be male, from stock markets to currency market, there's no discrimination of any sort - certainly not in US. I suppose the men are more apt to choose the currency market because of the adrenalin rush or there's another exp for it..

kaito kid

Banned
Jun 29, 2013
I guess there is no gender restriction for running the forex business, everyone, men and women have the chances of the same in the forex business. the difference is how to manage risk and discipline

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
nah. I think its only a prospective, but given female are smarter than us but they are more emotional, but if done right im pretty sure they might as well succeed us in trading if done right :)

Aby123

Active Trader
Mar 17, 2014
I don't think that there is, and as I am a female trader and that nobody tries to hinder what my wants and likes should be..moreover, I would be very glad to have a company female traders =)

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
There is no gender discrimination in Forex but there is no restriction of age,sex or religion. Everyone can trade Forex and make good profit. But to make good profit every trader needs lot of knowledge and understanding about Forex.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Forex trading is working exactly the same for everyone. I don't think that there is a even room for pointing this question out because everyone can get in the forex trading no matter what gender, religion etc,etc.
Are there less women in forex trading? (Yes)
Why? (It is a question what female traders may be can answered better).

D

david100

There is no gender discrimination in Forex trading. Man and woman both can trade in Forex but they know how to trade. So they must learn basics of Forex before start trading.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
One of the reasons, if it is true that there are less women traders than men, would be on account of the stress..just my two cents.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Why there should be a gender discrimination in the first place, i think not only men these days even women are taking interest in forex and they are also trading well.

kenx

Active Trader
Jul 14, 2014
Believe it or not but the woman that are trading forex have a better performance than males, it is well-known. Woman don't have the ego men have so they are actually much better ain accepting losses.

BFS

Active Trader
Apr 30, 2014
Interesting topic. Well, a friend of mine, a forex trader (a pretty woman I must say) is very successful at trading but she doesn't trade regularly and says that if only she devotes all the time to forex - she starts losing.. so, maybe that their secret - not to be so crazy about results. As she says , it is like a game for her, not more.

limalima

Banned
Dec 10, 2014
There is no gender discrimination in forex. Some females sees forex as a waste of time, they also think only males can trade forex and be successful. Some female sees forex as gambling and would not want to put their money at risk.

Exactly the point, I think females don't just feel up for forex trade. They lack the interest I suppose. But this doesn't mean they are being discriminated in the market.
If you ask me, I'll tell you they are the ones who shy away from the market, but I think there are considerable amount of females in the market today who are doing great. Forex is open for everyone, whoever has the interest and knowledge can join in.
As for the advert he spoke, I feel males are used more because the are more active in the market.

RochellWren

Trader
Dec 18, 2014
USA
exchangecurrencyzone.com
As per my experience I have not seen any gender discrimination in Forex, here maximum traders are male but now a days female participants are increasing slowly. There is no separate rules for women in Forex.

gregkevin

Trader
Jan 11, 2015
There is no gender discrimination in Forex trading . Any on male or female can trade on forex and make make money.

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
I do not agree to the fact that there is gender discrimination . The most important thing in forex is being successful. And forex is open to everyone as long as you can trade the market. Maybe most women do not just like it.

limalima

Banned
Dec 10, 2014
There is no gender discrimination in Forex but there is no restriction of age,sex or religion. Everyone can trade Forex and make good profit. But to make good profit every trader needs lot of knowledge and understanding about Forex.

I totally agree with you and the rest of those that posted here. In fact if there is any difference at all between traders in the market, it should be the amount of knowledge each of us has.
How much knowledge we acquire, will determine how far we would go, whether female or male. Dedication is what is needed from every trader...Not gender.