Is there gender discrimination in forex

Adam Jackson

Trader
Jun 15, 2019
Every trader has the equal chances to earn money here. No matter whether a foreign currency exchange trader is a man or woman there is no certain discrimination. Yes, when it is the question of mental strength reportedly many forums are revealing that female traders have more patience, satisfaction and stronger control over their emotions than any male trader. Thereby though the number of female traders is small, the success rate is higher here.

Kingston

Trader
Mar 20, 2020
Well i tend to disagree, though women are a lil less inclined to trading, however i do have some female friends who are engaged in trading and do extremely well.

Terry_8

Trader
Mar 23, 2020
Men and women are equally good when it comes to forex. Success doesn't come according to who the trader is, but according to the skills and knowledge of the person. So there's nothing related to gender here.

Marco James

Trader
Mar 20, 2020
I will agree with some of the people here that it's not about man or a woman in the forex. It's about skills, confidence and trading knowledge that makes a person capable of trading in the forex market.

yeneffer

Banned
Mar 30, 2020
It is just a poorly made mindset that people had perceived on.
I mean, you could say "Women only cooks! Women only do cleaning".
Regardless of what hobbies or profession are, anyone capable of having skills or knowledge can do it - be that men or women.

• 👍
Reactions: Johnson1234

Terry_8

Trader
Mar 23, 2020
I agree with the above statement, anyone who has the knowledge and skill can trade there is no gender discrimination in Forex trading.
I totally agree with that. Not only in forex trading; there shouldn't be any kind of gender biasness in any field.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I think we are headed towards not having gender discrimination in trading, and if you trade for yourself, it obviously doesn't matter. I don't know how it works if you want to join a trading firm, though - the field is heavily male-dominated and in areas like this there is often a bias against women, although it is often not intentional.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Personally I'd be interested to know whether there is any gender discrimination in the way brokers treat their own employees, but regarding the traders, I doubt it, at least when it comes to the small retail traders -they work for themselves, not for someone else.

JimBarryman

Banned
Jul 7, 2021
I have found out that many companies make use of male traders mostly in advertising their product than the females, could it be that the male traders are smarter than the females or because they see females as no important tools in boosting their products? don't you think there is gender discrimination in the business world today? I have wondered round in forex and my conclusion was that there are more males who are interested in trading forex than the females, could it be that the females sees forex as a waste of time or they sees forex as gambling? take a careful look at this forum, you will still find out that there are more male traders than the females? I think its high time females rose to their feet and know where they are fit in
Depends really. Women are probably better at trading, so they say. There is nothing stopping them being successful just as much as men.

darrensammy

Banned
Jul 21, 2020
Men are always shown to be smarter and more knowledgeable when it comes to finances. The representation is based through commercials and publicity. But, the industry as a market does not discriminate and anyone can practice trading. It is like only women starring in makeup product advertisements but actually men use makeup too.

Jungletrader

Banned
Sep 5, 2019
I don't think it does mainly men seem to be more interested well it appears that way .
My partner has no interest in FX or financial markets she has a bit more in Crypto but only slightly

Fried_Rice

Active Trader
Aug 30, 2021
I think it is just mainly a male dominated industry due to the element of risk. As time goes on, I hope the numbers will become more even

• 👍
Reactions: thekid

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I think there are a lot more male traders than female but I’ve never felt discriminated against as a female trader when opening an account or anything like that. I think a lot of people simply picture the common businessman when they think of a Forex trader and to be honest a lot of the most successful traders you hear about are male.