Indicator for Volume Crossing Horizontal Line Alerts

SwitchTrader

Trader
Apr 23, 2018
UK
Hi All, I've just joined the the forum today and firstly would like to thank Envid and Earnforex for the excellent work on the Market Profile and Trade Entry Indicators both of which I already use. I've been all over the internet but can't seem to be able to find the specific yet seemingly simple indicator I'm after. I'm looking for the basic MT4 volume indicator but with an alert capable Horizontal Trend Line on it that I can drag to any desired area on the indicator and if volume crosses it I get an alert. I even followed your tutorial on adding alerts and managed to add alerts to a volume with moving average indicator I found online but haven't he foggiest idea how to go about removing the Moving Average and adding a Trend line lol! The Better volumes is just a bit more involved than what I'm after, Hope I'm making sense with this, Thanks

SwitchTrader

Trader
Apr 23, 2018
UK
Sure. I'll go one better and attach a picture. All I want to be able to do is drag the blue trend line in the picture to what ever location on the volume window and set an alert for when the volume crosses the line. Thanks

Attachments

• Volume_Alert_Indicator.png
    Volume_Alert_Indicator.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 165

PaulVic

Master Trader
May 26, 2016
Midlands, UK
attached gives an alert when volume passes a given high based on a time frame but no line to show its location.
found the best way to use it is to have a seperate MT4 tab for it and just dont change the time frame on that tab.

Attachments

• Volume_Alterter.ex4
    2.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
attached gives an alert when volume passes a given high based on a time frame but no line to show its location.
found the best way to use it is to have a seperate MT4 tab for it and just dont change the time frame on that tab.
Although not visual, it does the work. Does it trigger only once or on each new candle if the volume stays above the threshold? Could you please share the .mq4 source file?

PaulVic

Master Trader
May 26, 2016
Midlands, UK
Although not visual, it does the work. Does it trigger only once or on each new candle if the volume stays above the threshold? Could you please share the .mq4 source file?

Sorry, dont have the mq4 file, cant remember where i got it from origionally. I certainly didnt write it, thats well beyond my capeability!
From memory it trigers once for each bar

Last edited:

SwitchTrader

Trader
Apr 23, 2018
UK
Tried it out and it's what I'm after :) All I need to do is save a template with a trend line on the volumes window and add the indicator as and when. Brilliant ;)

PaulVic

Master Trader
May 26, 2016
Midlands, UK
at first seemed to be working, including sending push notifications and email. However (I use 1 minute charts) noted the volume bars not updating however it does seem to alarm correctly! , had to press refresh but does not seem to affect the alarm. My standard volume "indicator" noted to be working ok.
Thanks for work done, appreciated

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid
Hi Enivid, with the bug removal seems to work fine.
Many thanks, Paul

There is no relevant volume in forex , it is fake numbers due to banking transactions, options , gilt transactions, pension investments etc etc

yea, what ever, and for something we don't know! If it does not work how come I keep making profits.

you make profits due to trading skills you have.
night volume means nothing due to low liquidity, day volume is banking transactions of buys sells and other

PaulVic

Master Trader
May 26, 2016
Midlands, UK
your comment translates (acording to google) as
"Does anyone have this"

the indicator is above in post 13 and it works just fine. Hope that helps.