free or paid courses?

Shahzadahmed

Trader
Mar 24, 2021
Start with babypips school to understand the basics, then more forward to more advanced things. Some information is so advanced and complicated that you don't even need. It's too much out there, you need to find what suits you better by practicing on a demo (once you're ready for it).

maxmoud

Apr 4, 2021
I started out with all the free courses (babypips, youtube and the like). All I can say personally, is that you get what you pay for... there's a reason so much free info is out there and a direct correlation to the fact that something like 95% or more of retail traders fail. I struggled for years before I found a trading group with educators that I trusted enough to join and teach me the proper way to trade. It was completely eye-opening to learn just how manipulated the markets are and how to spot the manipulations (and how all the free info I'd used for years was in fact it's own form of manipulation, designed to make me fail). Our group's been going strong for over four years now, profiting consistently and I can say joining was the best investment I've ever made.

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
who here learnt for free and who paid for a course? drop the names of the courses you used, or how you learnt to trade
i went everywhere for free ...tradimo, babypips, forex.com, youtube videos, printing white pappers ..mainly online research

maxmoud

Apr 4, 2021
As of this post, I'm currently up about 20 pips in a EUR/USD trade. This was a pair called as a sell in our group last Feb, which I'm expecting to buy back up into a Fib level for another push down, within the next couple of weeks.

eurusd.JPG

[REDACTED]

Last edited by a moderator:

ForexIdentity

Trader
Apr 29, 2021
who here learnt for free and who paid for a course? drop the names of the courses you used, or how you learnt to trade
I payed for some of my knowlegde, some I got for free and some came with experience. You can start at Babypips.com to create a base for your trading. You can youtube some trading channels, but you need to be careful with scammers..too many in this business lol. After you have developed or copied a trading style, you can dive deeper into specific trading techniques by reading books, websites and watching videos about that specific style.
I do have my own Youtube channel where I post forecasts and journal my trades. Feel free to study and backtest these as well.
My Youtube channel

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
I say free, I mean why pay for it? when everything u need is online, babypips offers a good crash course for free, youtube is there, and basiically they all the same just to get you started, then do demo, i did roughly a year of demo with hotforex before i went live and well it helped but only time and experience will hone you.

LeonaEldeen

Trader
Aug 22, 2021
I've passed built-in course within Forex Tester 5 software. It was a course for beginners, pretty good, interactive.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I couldn’t bring myself to drop money on a course because I was already struggling when I got started trading so I learned online using free resources. YouTube and Babypips were helpful, along with forums like this one and others. I’m sure that it would be helpful to have a mentor if you can or want to pay for one, but I think it’s fine to teach yourself if that’s the route you want to go. Good luck!

no_frame

Trader
Aug 21, 2021
I'd recommend going for free courses that are available to us. You can check education section of this forum, they got great stuff to learn.

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016
I mainly learned basic of trading from youtube. There are some channels that have useful information. However, I developed my own strategy, which is based on Fibonacci ratio. I had to work hard to make it work for me. Yes, it did take time from me as well.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
yes the best place with tons of traders sharing is youtube, many broker like hotforex offer free webinars, why pay when u can learn for free and it sticks better. those who cant trade TEACH.

Serenity

Banned
Feb 16, 2022
As a beginner, free courses like Babypips’s School of pipsology are great options. These courses cover almost everything that a beginner needs to acquaint himself with. After that, traders can move on to paid courses that also provide live trading examples or mentors.