Discuss Forex Report Analysis Tool

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by Enivid, Jul 10, 2011.

1. jnmr1

jnmr1 Trader

Hello,
    When I upload my report and hit submit it get the error "Unrecognized report type." Any ideas?

thank you
    james

Attached Files:

Enivid likes this.
  2. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for reporting the error! I have fixed how it recognizes the MetaTrader 5 reports now. Please try submitting your report for analysis again.

3. jnmr1

jnmr1 Trader

Thank you, it works great.

James

4. Paul Barisich

Paul Barisich Newbie

Hey All,
    New to the forum , not new to Oanda. Report look really interesting , just wondering if somebody could help with me producing the html file format needed from oanda. I cant seem to find where to go in Oanda to produce the file needed for this tool.Hoping somebody might be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Cheers
    Paul B

5. Enivid

I am not quite sure they still support HTML report generation in their proprietary platform. Try asking their support about it because I am no longer OANDA customer.

6. Emisu2

Emisu2 Trader

The tool looks great yet I do not understand where it is coming up with my net profit in pips for EURUSD. I uploaded a report which shows a net profit of -$27.51 over one year with a constant lot value of .01. With no MM applied I would expect to see a net profit in pips of -275.1. Yet I'm getting a value of -1,056.1 pips on the report. Ideas? There are many expired and closed orders, so could that affect things? Could be totally missing something. Thanks in advance. HTML file is attached.

Attached Files:

Enivid likes this.
  7. Enivid

Thank for reporting this bug. It has now been fixed. Please try again. The problem was with the pending orders and their modifications.

Emisu2 likes this.
  8. Emisu2

Emisu2 Trader

Awesome!! Thanks for the quick reply and fix.

9. hawaii

hawaii Trader

Hi,

I've got a report 21MB big. The analyzer says I should upload files smaller than 32MB and doesn't analyze my report...

10. Enivid

Please try again.

11. hawaii

hawaii Trader

Unfortunately I get the same error:

File size should be less than 32MB.

And the file is definitely only 21MB big.

12. Enivid

Sorry. I have changed one more thing. Please try uploading it again.

If it fails, please, either attach the report here (preferably zipped) or, if you do not want to share it publicly, send it to me via email (webmaster@earnforex.com).

13. hawaii

hawaii Trader

Now I get a HTTP Error 500, I sent you the report via mail, hope this helps.

14. Enivid

Should work now. Thanks for reporting!

hawaii likes this.
  15. BluePanther

BluePanther Trader

Hi!

Due to my roving work demands, I do not often have ready access my MetaTrader platform to obtain trading history, but I am always able to access Myfxbook wherever I go. Myfxbook exports to Microsoft Excel okay, but doesn't export well to .html.

Could you please consider analysis of formats other than .html (specifically .xml or .csv)?

16. Enivid

That is more a matter of making the Report Analysis tool work with the Myfxbook format than making it work with csv/xls. I will look if it can be done.

17. David1234

David1234 Trader

Hi - would it please be possible to modify the 32mb file upload limit ? My files are now c. 45mb just for this year and therefore I can no longer use this great tool without segregating the data.

Thanks

David

18. Enivid

Raising the limit is possible, but processing such big reports would put a lot of strain on the server. I recommend splitting your account statement by generating two reports in MetaTrader using two date ranges.

19. David1234

David1234 Trader

Thanks - totally understand of course. And for a free service aswell it makes sense.

I have indeed split out the reports into two parts earlier - it's not quite the same of course as statistics such as profit factor are no longer represented accurately over the course of a year. It is something I can live with, however, I would very much appreciate the ability on an ad-hoc basis, perhaps in slow time/over night to have the ability to process the occasional large file so I can get a full year view. If you change your mind, or alternatively if I could provide a link to the file I would be grateful for a parse.

Thanks again for a great service - you really should charge for this - I'd pay !!

Regards

David

20. Enivid

David, I have now raised the limit. Please try it. If everything goes well, I will leave it there. Otherwise, I will have to switch it back. Thanks!