Common mistakes in trading

FxTimothy

Active Trader
Sep 21, 2016
In my View the most Common Mistakes usually all the Traders does is out of Greed taking positions to earn Quick money that's is the Core reason of %95 of the Traders falls in this market.

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
The most common and the biggest mistake traders make is by entering the market without having a proper plan for trading. Especially this is very common with noob’s. Lack of discipline, patience, basic knowledge about the market and making unrealistic assumptions about the price movements in future are the common mistakes made by the traders which affect their trading.
Yes I do agree, only due to lacking of proper trading plan mostly traders have been failing from this market place, the newcomers kick off their live trading without basic knowledge they fall a great trouble when trading practically, and they always ignore the demo account which always be full of exact basic knowledge

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
There are so many common mistakes in traders, few traders are greedy, few are full of emotions, few are not having knowledge about Forex. It all depends on different trader how they face the problems and solve them too.

Aadolf

Trader
Jan 26, 2017
A large number of traders lose since they don’t have a conquering strategy. Separate from this, traders who do have winning strategies, don’t follow their winning strategy. This is a common mistake I have observed.

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017
Yes I do agree, only due to lacking of proper trading plan mostly traders have been failing from this market place, the newcomers kick off their live trading without basic knowledge they fall a great trouble when trading practically, and they always ignore the demo account which always be full of exact basic knowledge

Absolutely correct. 90% of the traders don’t take demo trading seriously and trade care-free. They fail to gain sufficient knowledge and ability to deal with losses and hence blow off their accounts. Need for proper trading plan is very essential irrespective of the fact that whether person is a newbie or already existing trader. However, in order to overcome the psychological drawback of the practice account one can also go for small real account which will give them true sense of trading as their real money will be at stake.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Absolutely correct. 90% of the traders don’t take demo trading seriously and trade care-free. They fail to gain sufficient knowledge and ability to deal with losses and hence blow off their accounts. Need for proper trading plan is very essential irrespective of the fact that whether person is a newbie or already existing trader. However, in order to overcome the psychological drawback of the practice account one can also go for small real account which will give them true sense of trading as their real money will be at stake.

Because demo account has appropriate conditions for care free trading I mean from psychological side. Full trading simulation, large deposit and no own money is at stake. Making bets carelessly and some of them tend to be winning because of large deposit - same behavior translates in live trading with deposit which way lower and thus almost unprotected from blow-out when same risk is taken.
Careful risk-management what live trading teaches a trader and you are not able to gain that skill on demo.

Aadolf

Trader
Jan 26, 2017
Don't make this mistake. Losing traders waste a great deal of time predicting where the market will be the next day. Whereas, winning traders use most of their time contemplating how traders will respond to what the market is up to and they prepare their plan accordingly.

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017
Because demo account has appropriate conditions for care free trading I mean from psychological side. Full trading simulation, large deposit and no own money is at stake. Making bets carelessly and some of them tend to be winning because of large deposit - same behavior translates in live trading with deposit which way lower and thus almost unprotected from blow-out when same risk is taken.
Careful risk-management what live trading teaches a trader and you are not able to gain that skill on demo.

Exactly. Demo accounts give an imprint of trading in the live environment. Though all the trading conditions are same as live but one’s own money is not at stake. Careless trading in demo makes one suffer when they go live. It is very essential to understand the fact that optimum utilization of demo account for learning purpose is very very essential.

Aadolf

Trader
Jan 26, 2017
Most traders make the mistake of not accounting for volatility in their trade when deciding how much to trade. When they do this, they have unknowingly prepared themselves for the superintendent of all losses. They end up eventually blowing out their trading account. This must be avoided.

buzzfxbroker

Trader
Jan 30, 2017
www.buzzfx.com
People think they can become an expert at forex overnight, it's about patience and learning how to trade, there are risks with every opportunity and learning how to trade forex before diving in would greatly minimise these risks.

BigMikey

Feb 12, 2017
One common mistake I have seen is that people often go from strategy to strategy, trying one for a couple of weeks then on to the next one. I think it is better to find one you like then practice is, tweek it and make it work for you

rikki

Trader
Dec 18, 2016
For me a very interesting point was made that it's worth risking and accepting the loss of money in order that the deal be profitable in the end. In general I disagree with this expression, because it's acceptable only in the longterm, and not every trader can afford it.

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
The traders basically focus on only good trading knowledge, but practically despite of having proper trading knowledge that’s not possible at all to lead a comfortable trading life with certainly without having accurate money managements approach. So we have to emphasis on how to manage money in Forex.

archie

Jan 30, 2017
The traders basically focus on only good trading knowledge, but practically despite of having proper trading knowledge that’s not possible at all to lead a comfortable trading life with certainly without having accurate money managements approach. So we have to emphasis on how to manage money in Forex.

Agreed! Money management approach must also be focused on by the traders as without it one would not be able to minimize the risk concerned while trading with real money. All the traders cannot afford huge loss of money and then still continuing to trade.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
is winning on demo a mistake for new trader? I see it's too easy to again profit on demo.

I agree that demo account have virtual money and the fund size is also big which is the reason that we always see our trades in profit. The best thing to test our skills is to trade with smaller lot sizes to see what outcome is achieved.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Good piece of advice however it is also good to learn support and resistance because there is always an option to make profits from the market either it is calm or highly volatile due to any news incident..

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
It seems to me that the most common mistake is the belief that you will only trade in a plus.

Most of us including me believe the same unless blow up the account and learn with the past mistakes. If we take a look at the stats we can easily assume that the losers in forex trading are 90% and all of them losses due to the same belief that you have mentioned above.