Can you really relax when trading?

Adam Jackson

Trader
Jun 15, 2019
Trading usually needs some investment of your time and money. Often a forex trader requires bestowing adequate time in conducting proper market analysis and thereby trading can be a time consuming process where a trader needs to undergo many critical period. For this reason it is not always possible to be relaxed during the trading period in forex. But yes, earning money itself can give pleasure in the midst of these critical periods.

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
With experience, I stopped being nervous before trading. I'm getting nervous taking losses. This is very annoying. Especially when your open trading position went into a big minus. When I lose small trading accounts in contests, I get upset too. And I usually start trading with the feeling that I will get a profit, with bright hope and pleasant sensations.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
With experience, I stopped being nervous before trading. I'm getting nervous taking losses. This is very annoying. Especially when your open trading position went into a big minus. When I lose small trading accounts in contests, I get upset too. And I usually start trading with the feeling that I will get a profit, with bright hope and pleasant sensations.

So, what’s your average success ratio in your trading? And how many trades you usually do in a month?

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
So, what’s your average success ratio in your trading? And how many trades you usually do in a month?
I make very few transactions per month, but I strive to have transactions every day. So far this is one or two transactions per month. My income is 120% per year, or on average it is 10% per month. Why you're asking?

Onanak

Trader
Feb 5, 2019
Son Ann, I actually could not understand well when exactly you become nervous when trading? It seems that you are trading on contests, so you probably have double pressure, one from your open trade and the other to cope with other contest participants on the market

DT77

Active Trader
Feb 24, 2019
If you're strategy allows you to get up and walk away after placing your trade then yes....

georgequayle

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
I am interested to know if particularly the more experienced traders can be completely relaxed when trading.

I am beginning to find it much easier now that I have the confidence by knowing that I am now a profitable trader. However in the early day's of my trading I was always a bundle of nerves every morning before trading.

I found it difficult to be totally detached from a trade and being like this affected my ability to make good decisions.

I found that it was a case of retraining the subconcious, as soon as my subconcious was convinced that I was successful, I became successful.

The power of the mindset in trading is immense.

Robert.
No requires alot of focus

Petez_FX

Active Trader
Aug 13, 2019
Stick to risk management with set stop losses and take profits and it should be relaxing. Only enter a trade if you are confident, if it wins then great - if it loses then move onto the next one, you stuck to your plan so there is nothing to worry about.

hakuna matata

Aug 3, 2019
I am interested to know if particularly the more experienced traders can be completely relaxed when trading.

I am beginning to find it much easier now that I have the confidence by knowing that I am now a profitable trader. However in the early day's of my trading I was always a bundle of nerves every morning before trading.

I found it difficult to be totally detached from a trade and being like this affected my ability to make good decisions.

I found that it was a case of retraining the subconcious, as soon as my subconcious was convinced that I was successful, I became successful.

The power of the mindset in trading is immense.

Robert.

Yaa i understand, maybe you should practice more on a demo account. Using a trading plan is also a great way as it will guide your actions and feelings won’t overpower you. You know when to enter and exit a trade through a plan. And yes i do agree with everyone here, SL and TP are great. You will be able to limit your losses through it.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Yaa i understand, maybe you should practice more on a demo account. Using a trading plan is also a great way as it will guide your actions and feelings won’t overpower you. You know when to enter and exit a trade through a plan. And yes i do agree with everyone here, SL and TP are great. You will be able to limit your losses through it.

in my trading; sometimes I use TP1, TP2 even TP3 in a single trade; when I see good momentum then I remove the position of TP1 and wait for the TP2! Thus I increase my profit margin!

• 👍
Reactions: hakuna matata

walpants

Trader
Feb 10, 2019
I’m never relaxed while trading, even though I do my best to detach myself from the money it still sends my heart racing soon as I enter a trade